bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New thread from FAQ Board  (Read 8436 times)

mharrell08

New thread from FAQ Board
« on: November 28, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »

FYI: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13665.0.html

Just a few tips and reminders

For those with questions:

1. There are no stupid/meaningless/time-wasting questions. You don't know what you don't know...and the only way to fix that is to learn, and that involves asking questions.

2. Another way to learn, as well, is to read and study. Remember from the forum rules (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html), please familiarize yourself with the teaching on Bible Truths. That's more than just knowing that Ray teaches the salvation of all. Get to know the specifics in the teachings.

3. You can always ask Ray any questions you may have as well (http://bible-truths.com/faq.html). This is especially useful for questions regarding what Ray has written. Members will assist however we can, but if unsatisfied, simply email Ray.

4. Don't 'ask & preach'. If you have a question, state your question. But it's not really a question if you're telling us why it's true. If you have the answers, why ask? If you are sincerely asking, why act like you already know? A question can have background information, but that's all it needs to be, background info.

5. You can disagree. No really, you can. But what good comes from airing these differences again and again? If 2-3 members tell you essentially the same, with support from Bible Truths teachings, and you still disagree, let it go. Just agree to disagree and move on.

For those who answer:

1. Please try your best to answer the question presented. Remember, you are doing a service for the person asking the question, not yourself. And with that, please stay on topic.

2. Rely on the teaching on Bible-Truths, because that's what we are here to discuss. You don't have to cut and paste every reply...you can use your own words...just stick closely to the teachings. It avoids confusion and helps everyone involved.

3. If you don't like the subject of the thread, don't like how long-winded a thread has become, tired of the same type of question, etc. - Just ignore and move on. What's simple to one person may have many layers of complexity to another. That's life

4. If you're going to take someone to task for a comment, make sure you fully understand their point/position. You don't want to jump on someone's case because of a misunderstanding. PMs are best used, when possible.

5. Try to put yourself in the questioner's shoes. Have they been on the forum for some time? Do they seem to struggle with one particular subject? Treat them with kid gloves first...you can always take the gloves off later  ;)

Thanks,

Marques

Samson

Re: New thread from FAQ Board
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »

Hi Marques,

Thanks for the Counsel & Admonition contained in these Tips and Reminders. Hopefully, most of Us, including myself will apply these reminders in Our Forum conversation and Dialog. For those With Questions: Tip # 4 stood out as something that occurs too often, ie- " Someone asks a Question and proceeds to write what they think the answer already is while supposedly searching for an answer to their question in starting a Thread. " If you have the answer, Why ask." I experience this scenario quite often outside the Forum in everyday life, too.

I noticed from point # 5 of For those with Answers(this could include those with comments too), a New Member, with less than Two Weeks Membership as an example getting hammered for saying something that We might not readily agree with and I'm not referring to the Basic Milk teachings found at this Site, I think this is unwarranted and unnecessary, because their true colors will manifest itself soon as to whether they are a Troll or Troublemaker. See recent example below !

Ian 155's Introduction, He just joined on 11/22/11 and got hammered right away regarding His approach to Ray's cancer getting healed and His apparent belief that " Gifts of Healing " takes place through some Human agency like what occurred in the first Century. Now, personally I think that this activity of a physical nature(healing, raising from the dead, speaking in tongues, etc) has CEASED as mentioned in 1 Cor. 13: 8-11.  This is substantiated By Ray as shown in this Email response below, so what I'm getting at is although I didn't particularly like this initial declaration of Ian155's authority to Heal like the Apostles in the First Century were able to do, I didn't think it was necessary to initially "Hammer" Him as some members did in response to His initial remarks about having authority to heal in Jesus name.

[Ray Replies]

Dear Cindy:

Many assume that the statements that Jesus made to his eleven apostles on the evening of His arrest, were a blanket statement to all believers to follow, for all time. This is not so.

Jesus did do many miracles through His apostles after His death and resurrection. He promised them the gift of the Holy Spirit (Comforter), which would give them faith and power to spread His gospel message.

This came true fifty days later on the Day of Pentecost. The apostles were given the gift of tongues so that they could even speak in foreign languages which none of them had ever studied. They were able to heal the sick. And they even RAISED THE DEAD. Peter and Paul both RAISED THE DEAD.

These special miracle gifts did not follow all generations of the church. Even later in the ministry of the apostles, God began to withdraw these gifts. No one was raised from the dead in their later ministry. Paul said that "tongues would cease" in I Cor. 13. Only "faith, hope [expectation] and charity [love]" were to "NOW remain...."  Some of Paul best friends and servants in spreading the gospel were sick and not healed. Paul told his dear friend Timothy, to "take a little wine for thy stomach's sake, and thine OFT [MANY] INFIRMITIES. God did NOT heal them. Do we think that Paul did not even ask?

Many in the charismatic church try to make a carnival exhibition of such gifts, but I am afraid all they do is deceive.

However, with that said, does God no longer perform miracles or healings? Yes, He does. I have seen and experienced them. Does He always heal? Does He always alleviate our problems and trials? NO. Why should we pray for God to TAKE AWAY all the things that are absolutely NECESSARY FOR OUR FAITH AND PERFECTION?

Don't neglect to ask God for EVERYTHING you feel you should have. But don't be disappointed if God allows you to CONTINUE IN YOUR TRIALS. Sometimes He removes certain trials after a period of time. We do not know when and how or even if God will do this that or the other thing, so we keep praying.  I ask for STRENGTH AND FAITH to face my trials and OVERCOME my flesh. I no longer pray for God to make me HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE, with absolutely no price to pay for such privileges.

This site is an answer to prayer. My understanding of the Scriptures is an answer to prayer. Everything I have is an answer to prayer. I pray for others and many times, GOD ANSWERS MY PRAYERS! But I do NOT always heal the sick through my prayers, I do not make people wealthy through my prayers, and I have NEVER raised the dead through my prayers. So don't stop praying!! And ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, thank God for all that you have.

And then, don't WORRY about anything. Phil. 4:6 is a terrible translation in the KJV. Instead of "Be careful in nothing..." it should read:

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING..."

God be with you, Ray

So, if Ian155's comments were not appreciated, agreed upon and too forward regarding healing, couldn't Forum Members wait a little to see whether or not this becomes a pattern and manifests itself and then will can take off " the kid gloves " as mentioned in Tip # 5(For those that answer) and do what's necessary to expose error or unsound teaching.

Just something I noticed, Samson.

Revilonivek

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:02 PM »

Let me make sure I understand... you don't want members to bother with thoughts, opinions, questions/answers, discussions or any debates of any kind, unless it's focused toward edification based on Rays teachings only and nothing else. Is that correct? If so, then I understand.

Denise

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »

Let me make sure I understand... you don't want members to bother with thoughts, opinions, questions/answers, discussions or any debates of any kind, unless it's focused toward edification based on Rays teachings only and nothing else. Is that correct? If so, then I understand.

Denise

This covers the purpose of the forum (From 'Please Read This Before Joining and Posting'):

THE IMPORTANT STUFF:

This forum and how it is moderated, is different than most all religious based forums on the internet so please read carefully.

If you are considering joining this forum before reading and studying  www.bible-truths.com, please reconsider.
It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

This is not the place to decide if you agree with the teaching of L.Ray Smith, but a place you can retreat to when you do.

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED TO DEBATE RELIGIOUS TOPICS

Please do not make sport of persons who email Ray. Leave any criticism of the individual to Ray.

No preaching (including preaching via links).
Links are not allowed if a site or article brings its own teaching or preaching.  Links are allowed if a site it just for fun or informational, ie, you tube, google translator, Esword, etc.

No using this forum as a recruiting ground to other forums, by pm's or public posting.

This is the Bible-Truths.com forum.  We've not gathered together to discuss other websites and ministries.  Ray (and the moderators) don't want this website to be a gateway (formally or informally, publicly or privately) to them.

No inappropriate language or profanity allowed.

No name-calling.

This forum is moderated, if you feel you cannot accept the bounds of a limited forum then don’t join.  The moderators do not have the time to explain every decision to you on why a post was deleted, so don’t expect it.

The moderators will generally try to remove posts before banning a member, don’t take it personally.  If you see your posts being removed then perhaps you should review what you are writing to make sure is goes along with the forum rules.  If you are asked to let a subject drop, or a particular subject is off limits then please abide by what the moderators ask.  Don’t necessarily expect a reason for the request, many things go on behind the scenes of the forum and the moderators are doing what they feel is best.

If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances could be grounds for banishment, and will get your post deleted.

Learn to use the private mail function.  If you don't know how then ask.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The heading for General Discussions says 'Discuss what you have Learned at bible-truths.com here. This forum area DOES NOT necessarily represent the views of L. Ray Smith or Bible-Truths.com. Forum Rules Apply.'

Marques

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »

You got it Denise.  
That doesn't mean you shouldn't search out other things that interest you or have opinions and revelations about other topics, it is just not the purpose of this forum.  There are literally thousands of religious forums and websites to discuss any topic you desire.  You may give your opinions, ideas and revelations there until you are content.  It is just not the purpose of this forum.  I have studied a lot of different topics and have my own opinions that may differ with Ray, I just don't discuss it here.  There is plenty that Ray teaches that I can agree with and discuss.

It would be like joining a forum about Ford automobiles that had rules stating they only discuss Ford and then have a member wanting to discuss Chevy or Toyota or another manufacture and debate and give opinions on why those where better, different etc.  It does not mean the other cars are better or worse, or the opinion is not valid, it's just not the purpose of the Ford forum.

Good job on the FAQ Marques
Craig
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:10:10 PM by Craig »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »

It would be like joining a forum about Ford automobiles that had rules stating they only discuss Ford and then have a member wanting to discuss Chevy or Toyota or another manufacture and debate and give opinions on why those where better, different etc.  It does not mean the other cars are better or worse, or the opinion is not valid, it's just not the purpose of the Ford forum.

Great analogy Craig! 

Marques thanks for the reminder. :)

René

Samson

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 04:47:21 PM »

Hi Samson,

I do not regret one thing I said in that post.  I was as gentle as a cooing dove.   ;D

However, Marques had an excellent post.  I'll put on the kid gloves instead of the boxing gloves.

I'll tear my tongue out and let the emoticons talk for me.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Actually John,

I wasn't really seeking anyone's regret or anyone's apology. Since You and I conclusively agree that none of Us have Free Will and that there are causes as why We respond as We do or think as We think, My desire to respond as I did was based partially on Marques Tips & Reminders coupled with believing it unnecessary to correct the viewpoint of every New Forum Member down to every minute detail of their error or opinion, in this case, someone who is only a week old, Membership wise.

As an illustration: If I started a new job and was treated like garbage by fellow Coworkers and My new Boss was an arrogant nit picking tyrant, the likelihood is that I would be looking for employment elsewhere, real fast and I assure you that the likely CAUSE would consist of the above and WHY, Life(This One) is too short.

In fairness, You weren't the only one I was referring to in that Introduction of Ian155 Thread. Interestingly, Craig apologized in His response to Me prior to your remark and I didn't even recall any negative remarks of His from the Ian155 Introduction. Probably didn't notice Him, because He rarely makes remarks of a sarcastic condescending nature, at least in the serious type threads. I grew up with an arrogant, condescending and haughty Father with an overfill of that to last several Eons. Apparently, God has plans for Me to receive some more and since He's total Sovereign of the Universe and decides what I receive, there's no way out of it.

Don't worry, You'll eventually get an opportunity to put on the boxing gloves, it will inevitably happen,  ;). Samson

Craig

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 05:30:15 PM »

Samson....Huh??  I think you meant Gina.  I never apologize ;D ;)

Craig

Samson

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 05:42:13 PM »

Samson....Huh??  I think you meant Gina.  I never apologize ;D ;)

Craig

Yes Craig, I made a mistake(Harmatia- Sin, missing the mark), maybe the partial fuming inside distorted My concentration and I lost my center, it was Gina who made the apology,  ;D.

Revilonivek

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »

Craig, I gotcha. You made an excellent analogy.  I am definetely not looking for trouble.. just feeling a bit frustrated because it's a way to connect to those who are more free from the babylon system like this one. It can be quite freeing.  There may be many forums out there but many of them are still stuck in the babylon system and it's a moot point discussing anything with them. But since this is put up. I will accept it with grace.

peace and love,

Denise

Craig

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »

Denise I don't have the link but I'm sure somebody here does.  There is a facebook page Fans of Ray and you might discuss other topics there.  And still be with those of like mind.

Craig

ez2u

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 02:44:59 AM »

Tish  Tish

River

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 07:13:41 AM »

4. Don't 'ask & preach'. If you have a question, state your question. But it's not really a question if you're telling us why it's true. If you have the answers, why ask? If you are sincerely asking, why act like you already know? A question can have background information, but that's all it needs to be, background info.

Just maybe someone is saying this is why I think this is true and has a sincere question. It's natural to speak like that isn't it? The assumption that the persons has the "answer" just because they say this is why they see it a certain way at the time does not mean they have the truth. I think it is easy to understand why someone would act like they know and yet ask a sincere question. I find it almost impossible to think everyone on the forum has retreated here only when they have fully agreed with everything Ray teaches. This is evident by Craig's post. I can understand Denise's feelings on this. The net set out to catch only certain type of fish are sadly catching other fish. But yes I too can see why this rules in effect, how does one honestly know who is for real and who is trying to debate. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »

Just maybe someone is saying this is why I think this is true and has a sincere question. It's natural to speak like that isn't it? The assumption that the persons has the "answer" just because they say this is why they see it a certain way at the time does not mean they have the truth. I think it is easy to understand why someone would act like they know and yet ask a sincere question. I find it almost impossible to think everyone on the forum has retreated here only when they have fully agreed with everything Ray teaches. This is evident by Craig's post. I can understand Denise's feelings on this. The net set out to catch only certain type of fish are sadly catching other fish. But yes I too can see why this rules in effect, how does one honestly know who is for real and who is trying to debate. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Point taken River...but this is just one suggestion among many. If all are taken into consideration, there will likely be less issues. Also notice the phrase 'background information'...that's especially helpful. We actually get less background information on a subject and rather more endless commentary on why some pet belief is true.

What kind of discussion can you have when someone is steadfast in mind? A debate...even if neither side was looking for one. A discussion is give and take, not thumping someone over the head again and again or fishing for someone to agree with some personal doctrine. The give and take should be what the board says it should be: discuss what we learn at BT.

I make these kinds of post from what I see on the board. Not everyone falls into this discussion. It's actually fewer than the members who act within the forum rules. But when it becomes enough, then something needs to be said.

Hope you understand,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.