bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasons Greetings  (Read 6784 times)

Gina

Seasons Greetings
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:35:51 AM »

Here's a little gift idea for your loved ones or just for the season in case anyone's interested:

http://www.ifood.tv/blog/how-to-make-clove-oranges-decorate-this-festive-season

Enjoy!

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Seasons Greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 03:36:21 AM »

Mmmm....I can just taste them....clove, cinnamon and nutmeg....my favourites!

Thanks for dropping that by us Gina!

SDDiver

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »

We do these every year.

Personally, I find Christmas to be about as God-honoring as Halloween. But I enjoy both as the traditional and fun celebrations that they can be. My wife loves Christmas. She loves all the accouchements surrounding it. The smells, the sounds, the sights, you name it. It makes her eyes light up like those of a child at, well, Christmas. And I love seeing that because I love her. This is what makes it a special time of year for me, too.

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:31:58 AM »

My wife and I made them last year and they're still hanging up in our bathroom, shriveled beyond recognition.  ;D

Gina

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 04:36:47 AM »

Take pictures--I wanna see.  ;D

My wife and I made them last year and they're still hanging up in our bathroom, shriveled beyond recognition.  ;D

darren

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »

SDDiver: I agree 100% with you. I feel the same way. I wont bother you with the long details of money, debt, and traffic in stores and out. The aggravation to Day the least.  My wife loves it and she lights up doing this time. She doesn't light up much anymore so it is special for her, therefore I will do what it takes to keep her happiness going for as long as possible. I reckon this is what its all about. For me and mine at lest.

Darren

JohnMichael

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 12:00:23 PM »

This one holiday has given me pause. I know our Lord was not born on December 25th, and the holiday is based on the pagan holiday of Yule (Dec 21). My parents never taught us about Santa Claus. I was 8 years old before I ever knew who Santa was. A teacher asked me, "What is Santa bringing you this year?" I quizzically responded, "Who is that?" Imagine the shock on the teacher's face. :)

Every Christmas morning, my parents would gather us all together, and my dad would read Luke 2:1-14 before a single gift was opened. We still do it even though my brother and I are grown. I know that passage almost by heart after 27 years of hearing it every Christmas morning. :)

Luke 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
Luke 2:2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
Luke 2:3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
Luke 2:4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
Luke 2:5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
Luke 2:6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
Luke 2:7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."
Luke 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Luke 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

About a year or two ago, I asked my mom why (I was curious what their reason was) they never did teach us about the man in the red suit, and she said, "The Lord commanded us to not learn the ways of the heathen [Jeremiah 10:2], and your dad and I wanted you boys to know the real reason for Christmas."

Just for discussion's sake.

In Him,
John

Extol

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 12:57:57 PM »

Take pictures--I wanna see.  ;D

I shall do so when I get the camera back! :)

Extol

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »

Here you go, Gina!  8)

Gina

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »

Those look lovelyyyy.. lol   wow, they're not even moldy.   Unbelievable. 

The ones I made got moldy within weeks--not what I'd hoped for since I gave them as little gifts to my bosses.  (oopsies  ;D)  Not sure why.  Well, it's the thought that counts.

Extol

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »

Yes ours seem to be remarkably well-preserved. Someone told me that these things start smelling really bad after a few weeks. Here we are 51 weeks later and not a hint of stench!

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 01:57:58 AM »

I wish I could make yummy food like that.
I only know how to open a package.

Even that pancake hat I wear came out of a box frozen.
Gave me an ice cream headache at first.

:'(

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:01:08 AM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Gina

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

hehe Fester, too funny. But you don't eat the pomanders -- you only get to smell them.  ;D

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 10:56:21 PM »

@fester, hahahahahahahahahaha!!!  you always hit my funny bone.   :D

claudia

p.s.  if i made the pomanders, my dogs would eat them.   :D :D :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.