bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job sacrifices for the sins of his "comforters"  (Read 4369 times)

Gina

Job sacrifices for the sins of his "comforters"
« on: December 03, 2011, 09:35:04 AM »

I love the way Ray pointed out in his message of 9-23-11:

God did not tell Eliphaz to sacrifice seven bullocks and seven rams for Job's sins, or for Job's short-comings, no, God told him to sacrifice them for the sins of himself and his two friends.  The three of them condemned Job for doing wrong, when they could not point to one single wrong that Job committed.

Now it's even more educational and more interesting to go back through the book of Job to read all the things that these three falsely accused Job of.  Some of the first words out of their mouths were, "You must have done something wrong, Job -- just look at you -- no one could possibly be going through what you're going through and not have done something to deserve it."

I remember when I used to think that way.  Probably still do on occasion without realizing it.  Well, anyway, that's why I'm re-reading Job.  It's like being given a whole new set of eyes. 

Revilonivek

Re: Job sacrifices for the sins of his "comforters"
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 01:13:29 AM »

Yes...Thank you...  I didn't even think to look at the people around Job in the story.. when it still  relate to people of today..From now on.. i'll try to pay attention to the people around in the main stories... they do have something to teach, irrelevant or relevant.  I can even relate. i've heard of people who say to others  in bad situations that they are in worse circumstances because they are being punished by God.. that they sinned and need to set things right with God, or go back to church, or whatever... when it's not true.  it's the common mindset of Babylon folks. It's the fear talking.. We all go through tough circumstances to learn something from it. tribulations to make our soul stronger and wiser. because without it... How can we learn?  and besides, God makes it worth our while at the end.. He always does. :) Look at Job as evidence. :)

Thanks again for pointing it out. I learned something for sure.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 02:44:51 AM »

Ray identifies the 666 to be not to a single person but to the entirety of the human race. LOF13

Ray states that if we cannot personally recognise and identify with all the accounts of the OLD Testament, then we haven’t begun to  overcome our humanness, or as Ray puts it, our carnality. 12 God Given Truths. Truth no. 8

So, likewise,  if we can’t yet identify personally with all the accounts in the NEW Testament, then we’re right in there amongst Job’s friends, barring of course, Elihu ~ :D :)

Gina

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 04:22:32 AM »

So glad you agree, Revilonivek!

Deb, thank you for that much needed reminder! 

Gina

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 04:52:41 AM »

Deb,

Did Elihu actually say he was perfect in knowledge?  (Job 36:4)

Oh no.

Would you excuse me while I go beat myself up?   ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.