bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do I fear eternal life?  (Read 6548 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Why do I fear eternal life?
« on: December 04, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »

Dear L.RaySmith,

Why do I fear eternal life? Sometimes I think non-existance would be better.

Dear Michael:  It's because we fear the unknown.  Emotions, which include fear,
often have no logic, they are just feelings.  Why do we fear high building, high and/
or long bridges, towers, etc.,?  Do we really believe they will fall down or we will
fall off.  Are people who are afraid of flying, afraid to have their friends and relatives
fly?  Of course not. It all has to do with personal feeling and lack of control. When
is the last time you have heard of an elevator falling?  Yet many people fear elevators.

If you think about it long enough, I believe you will also fear to NOT receive eternal
life.  What if there is NO life after death?  That's kinda fearful, don't you think? Living
in endless happiness and bliss, is certainly nothing to fear. Most of us don't have
lives of total happiness and bliss, so when we conceive of eternal life we frame it
in the feelings we have for our present lives, because this ife is all that we have
ever known.

You need to pray to God for acceptance of all that He has in store for us.  Whe
He tells us that there are pleasures on every side, there is no reason to disbelieve
Him, as God never lies  We read in Jer. 17:9 that "the heart is deceitful above all
things...."  It is your heart that is deceiving you on this matter, Michael, it is a
evil spirit putting those thoughts into your head.  And so that is the real reason
you need to earnestly pray to God to rebuke such thoughts and spirits.

The Apostle Paul instructs us on how to receive peace of mind from God:
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are
honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever
things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have
both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, DO: AND THE GOD
OF PEACE SHALL BE WITH YOU" (Phil. 4:8-9)..

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.