bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking Back.....  (Read 4586 times)

Ninny

Looking Back.....
« on: December 05, 2011, 12:38:04 AM »

Hey everyone! I know I don't post much any more..but I was thinking about something this weekend..Almost exactly 3 years and 3 months ago I posted for the first time..I posted about my then 2 year old grandson, Grayson who was diagnosed with a brain tumor..I have updated on his condition many times..I just wanted to share something with those of you who are not my friends on Facebook..I updated there already..

Gray is doing really great! He's 5 now! I have been teaching him preschool for a couple of years now..I have had a hard time teaching him certain things like how to write letters and numbers..most kids by the age of 5 show a LOT of interest in trying at least to write their names..not Gray! We have been having several concerns with him about the way he learns things and certain behaviors he has.. that are not characteristic of a normal 5 year old..but nothing really extreme! They told us he'd be behind in some things because of his brain tumor and he has seizures as a left over gift from the tumor, but these are very well controlled by his meds..

The last several days he has been telling us he can't hear out of his left ear..and we thought that his hearing was affected by the tumor since all the problems he has are on the left side..He went for an appointment on Friday and the doctor told my son and daughter in law that there is NOTHING wrong with his hearing!! And that he is almost certain that Gray has  "mild" autism! The inability to learn to write and the "hearing problem" are associated with Autism! This could have been brought on by the tumor or the surgery to remove it..or maybe neither!! Well..that was a blow!! The doctor said, "He's a quirky kid"! ha! The doctor believes that since they have all been focused on the tumor and the seizures and the left side slowness..they completely missed the autism! He said he has classic symptoms of autism, but they are not severe..The kid is a machine most of the time and he goes wide open every day..so most people don't even realize that he sort of drags his left foot a little when he walks and runs..he plays T-Ball and his dad fixed up a big tire in the back  yard with a rope so that his 14 year old brother, Justin can run and pull it to train for football..well guess who drags that tire all over the yard? Yep..Gray! haha!! Anyway...we'll be having him tested in the spring for the autism..now there are some changes that his family will have to make to help him be able to learn and get by the way he needs to..so I would just ask that you would say a prayer for his mom and dad..I have already learned many ways to teach him even before we thought about the autism..but they will have to adapt to his needs..yet again! His big brothers are amazing and they help him a lot and his baby brother is a big 3 year old pain in the backside...but you know everyone adapts!!

I just wanted to tell you about this as you have been on this journey with me from the beginning! I have not been able to post much here for several months...I have been so busy with the kids..I at least try to read and keep up with what is going on with all of you! I have many of you on Facebook with me which is a blessing! You're the dearest of friends to me! I was very active here in the past when Gray was diagnosed, my daughter in law quit work to take care of him for almost 2 years.. and that left me with lots of free time to develop my relationships with all of you..Then of course the time came when Gray's mommy had to go back to work and Ninny went back to being Ninny and taking care of him and his little brother almost full time..So that's why I have been absent for a while! Just typing this has taken me at least 25 minutes!! OK I'm slow!! :D

Love you!!
Kathy   ;)

bpenelli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Looking Back.....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:52:19 AM »

Hi Kathy,

I'm glad to hear that Gray is doing well despite his challenges. You are both a blessing from God to each other. I pray that God keeps you strong and faithful. By his Grace, Amen.

Brad

P.S. I read this Psalm recently and it touched my heart so I thought I'd share:

Psalm 42 (NIV)

1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
   so my soul pants for you, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
   When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food
   day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
   “Where is your God?”
4 These things I remember
   as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
   under the protection of the Mighty One
with shouts of joy and praise
   among the festive throng.

5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God.

6 My soul is downcast within me;
   therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
   the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
7 Deep calls to deep
   in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
   have swept over me.

8 By day the LORD directs his love,
   at night his song is with me—
   a prayer to the God of my life.

9 I say to God my Rock,
   “Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
   oppressed by the enemy?”
10 My bones suffer mortal agony
   as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
   “Where is your God?”

11 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God.
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »

Thank you, Brad! That Psalm has actually been a comfort to me throughout this whole ordeal! When we THINK God has forgotten us...He shows us how much He really IS there for us! How easily we forget our blessings! God is good!! :)

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »

saying prayers for your little grayson ninny. he is a very determined, strong little boy. i have faith that he will come through the autism ordeal just fine. plus, he has you with him to cheer him on in the tough times.  you are a great "ninny" to have.

claudia

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:21:03 PM »

Thank you for the update and he truly is a miracle boy.  That being said and I apologize if it's been told to you or his parents before but autism has been linked to nutritional challenges and environmental toxins such as various heavy metals.  Ray's naturopath Dr. Stegar's book 'The Nutrition Factor' is pretty eye opening and you might be able to glean some things from there to help the boy.  In addition if you never saw it Dr. Stegar did a talk in the bible conference that had some helpful information in it. Link and Video Removed
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:42:50 PM by Dave in Tenn »

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:51 AM »

Glad for the update!   Thanks, and you all will still be in our prayers! :-*

zander

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »

I couldn't help but reply to this thread.

You know the one of the most prominent things Bible Truths.com taught me was this.

Never take anything that is read as truth until you examine all arguments to the contrary.

Health topics are a sticky issue.  There is a lot of evidence presented that Autism is a very "abstract" term.  Doctors and psychiatrists, its been said, can use it blaze, if they dont have any other way of describing or diagnosing a certain condition (for which there may be no diagnosis in the first place).

If you also research AIDs and HIV, you will also see, behind the curtains all is not quite as clear as the media makes us imagine.

I am obviously sorry to hear of the child's condition, but i am also sorry for the way modern health professionals have diluted the industry to basically suit their wallets....i know from experience....But as ever - make your own minds up.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:26:56 PM by zander »

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »

Thanks guys! Zander I wanted to say that we are not convinced that this child is even "mildly" autistic! We will NOT be easily convinced of it, either!! There are some things that SEEM like autism...but that doesn't mean he's autistic! So we are not convinced of anything yet!! :D
Kathy ;)

Gina

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 12:27:33 AM »

Ninny:

That's pretty bold to not believe the diagnosis.  Good for you!

Gina

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »

Janine, I know you have a job on your hands with your son, but God has made him very special!   I know that the answer to it is love and understanding...and support..Of course when it comes right down to where the rubber meets the road... It's our whole duty to God, to love and comfort! We can't do a lot to change some circumstances, but we sure can stand in love!!  :D

Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.