bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a cussword problem  (Read 3822 times)

onelovedread

I have a cussword problem
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:43:48 PM »

Family
When I am around others there's no problem, but get me alone and it's terrible.
My reaction to anything when no one's around is a 'cussword'.  I am driving and someone cuts me off. A stream of the worst language streams forth from my mouth. Even when I'm alone at home cooking and hot oil sprays up and burns me, I utter foul words. And they are flavored by the unique ones I picked up when I lived in Jamaica in the Caribbean. I don't even have to have something happen to me to start cursing.
I have constantly asked God to help me and I beg forgiveness immediately, but I just can't seem to control these utterances. I know that this is not His will and I know it's wrong. I really need your prayers and advice. Thanks

DougE6

Re: I have a cussword problem
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »

So true, that Jesus is our only hope. Thankfully we don't have to wait until the next age to have Him deliver us from our many sins, no matter what they are.  Jesus does want a pure and spotless bride.  Even as our position in Him is clean, our behaviour and actions must conform to the image He is building in each one of us. If he is building His image in you, your heart will change, and so will your actions, words and deeds.

The scriptures say, "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" You recognize that this profanity is troubling and I applaud your openess in revealing this, as surely this would mean your heart is wrestling with this and not just accepting it. We are all troubled by impurities in our individual hearts, and our spoken words can reveal these, and certainly not just by profanities!

Do not give up! Seek God and importune Him until He gives you the victory. We all should be grateful for any small changes for the better.  Go 1 week then 3 weeks,  then 6 months, then who knows, NEVER again is always the goal.  God does give to those who seek. In fact, I would consider a strong desire to seek Him a strong sign He is preparing your heart for deliverance from this very issue.

We do learn so much about the carnal heart in each of us as we are forced to wrestle with our individual weaknesses. But we called to OVERCOME, and so I pray that you overcome this, as God does grant you the victory, as only He can. Do not be satisfied until God delivers you.

God bless you for sharing.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:16:53 PM »

Hi onelovedread,

Here are a few that should help with your question.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4069.0.html -----------------

The "lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life," are the biggies that God will allow to drag on in one's life until they really get sick of these sins. Some people never get sick of these sins--they LIKE them.  But the "Goodness of God" (Rom. 2:4) can make you repent and abhore these things.  We never conquer every sin as long as we are in the flesh, but we can come to the place that "sin no longer REIGNS over us." You have to cry out to God to rescue you from sin. You cannot and you will not do it on your own power.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=7162.0 --------------------

We all want to be sin free. This is a life long endeavor. Our first giant victory is when sin no longer "REIGNS over us." But from there, sins continually crops up (often unseen and un-noticed).  God gives His Holy Spirit to only those who obey Him, and no one can obey Him until HE grants one repentance. And then we still continue to suffer in our struggle against sin. God intends for us to fight. This life is spiritual warfare. The battle is never over. You need to cry out to God for the desire, then patience to suffer, and finally the power to overcome it. There is no magic formula. There is no magic prayer.  There is no sowing a seed or buying your way out of carnality. We must struggle and fight and overcome and endure until the end.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2888.0.html ------------

I cannot help you overcome your carnal sins. That is something that
we all have to do between ourselves and God. God is dealing with you and will
continue to deal with you. I cannot change God's timing for what He has in store
for your life.  Those of us who are maybe a little more mature, have all gone
through what you are going through.  That's why the Bible calls us BEASTS. We
often think and act and desire as do BEASTS.  You will not quit sinning until
God deems it time for you to quit, but in the mean time, you will come to hate
your sins, and still will not be able to overcome them. You will cry out to the only
One who can help you. We all must make our "walk through the valley of the
shadow of death."  It is not a pleasant journey, but to come through it and have
a clean and clear conscious for the first time in your life, is itself quite rewarding.

God be with you,
        Ray
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:30:10 AM by Kat »

Gina

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 02:46:39 AM »

Those are great points you made, Kat.

Onelovedread, you are not alone, my friend!

Getting saved is the hardest thing we will ever go through. 
~Ray Smith

Go through it and come out, we must,

Just gotta trust.  (Gimme a beat. lol)

JFK's famous for saying, "Don't worry about anything."

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  He doesn't mean we can do whatever we want.  Obviously we can't do whatever we want!  I mean, you want to stop cussing but you can't!  I want to do that and a whole lotta else, but I can't!  JFK's right, Jesus is our only hope.  Is He going to fail us?

I used to use an avatar with the command:   "PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS SIGN!"  But, you HAVE to read the sign in order to be able to do what it asks!  (And now I have no idea why I told you that.  Meh-it's still funny.  It leave it.)

The thing that's most important, Onelovedread, is that you now have the DESIRE to stop.  That's GOOD!  You will be rewarded!

onelovedread

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:05:03 AM »

Thank you for your reinforcement of God's truths and Ray's teachings. It is good to be reminded of our human condition and our inability to do good without God. I pray that He will by His spirit in us, fill us with love for Him and a hatred for sin, as He processes us for His kingdom. I pray that He who began a good work in us will bring it to completion. I trust Him to keep us and present us faultless, even though we're definitely still works in progress. Thanks again. I appreciate you guys.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 12:10:18 AM »

You're appreciated too.

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »

Join the club amigo, when we go through life we do end up

Speaking in Tongues, That fluent in Dung" ;D

Ches

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »

Ha ha. fluent in dung! You're one funny dude, dude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.