bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: evil spirits  (Read 5526 times)

newgene87

evil spirits
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »

This is from Luke 11:24-26. It actually scares me and makes me wonder what was Jesus purpose teaching this parable. Like its the story of my life almost; each time I feel right, trials come and seem worse off than before. Idk exactly what to ask but....I guess, what is Jesus telling us? What is (scriptural) answer to the freedom from this "unclean" spirit that has the ability to gather 7 other more evil spirits? Is there a second witness to this teaching? I feel I need help, cuz if "the words that He speaks are spirit and life" (John6:63) this is causing death to me. My "last state" always end up worst than my first. I would appreciate the feedback.

DougE6

Re: evil spirits
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:05:18 AM »

Hello newgene87

Is there any particular reason you feel this scripture directly applies to you? It sounds like you are wrestling with some sins or habits or addictions? Or am I way off base?

When I read this parable, and its counterpart in Matthew Chap 12 I get the sense that Jesus was speaking to people who did not have the Spirit of God.  Naysayers, Pharisees, Unbelievers. read the surronding passages. Now also notice in Mat 12:44  it says, "I will go back to the home I left." When it gets there and finds the place empty, clean, and fixed up, ...I take note that the old home of the demon spirits was EMPTY. It may have been clean and swept, but empty. Like coming to a house all nice and in order, but UNOCCUPIED. Will squatters come in and take over if no one lives there? Possibly. sounds actually inviting and easy, if EMPTY!

Be filled with the spirit! That is the solution to your struggles.  How can the spirit of Christ and the spirit of demons dwell together. Even if satan is divided his kingdom cannot stand.  Jesus did not cast out devils by the beelsebub, but by the power of God. And what fellowship has light with darkness? Walk in the Light and he is in the Light!

have Faith in God! Have faith in His goodness! Without faith it is impossible to please Him. have faith in God. Put away all the sinful works of unrighteousness. Have NOTHING to do with them. Abstain form all appearance of evil. God rewards those who EARNESTLY seek HIM. BELIEVE THAT.

DougE6

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:16:33 AM »

Also
Let NOT your heart be troubled! Do you believe in Jesus? Then listen to what he says..Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in meAnd take this scripture to heart...

Php 4:6  Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.
Php 4:7  Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.

I also pray that God will give you victory over the worry and torment that you are feeling. But remember, it is simple...faith overcomes the world, and you cannot have a troubled heart when you are in faith. Faith is the victory that overcomes the world.

Stop worrying about the powers of the dark side ;D and fill your tank with good things...Php 4:8  Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

Cypress

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I <3 jj81
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

Good question. I've often wondered about all those churches that are constantly casting out demons whether they were just making things worse, like "great, now 7 more are coming in." but if this is a parable, then it's not necessarily literal and there is some spiritual implication to it.
Elaine

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »

2 Peter 2:20-21  For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

Proverbs 26:11  As a dog returns to his own vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

JohnMichael

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 12:04:24 PM »

That scripture, Gene, is in line with all the other scriptures that refer to when one comes to the knowledge of the Truth, but then he/she turns back and desires the world.

Luk 17:31  "On that day, if a man is on the roof and his property indoors, let him not go down to fetch it; and, in the same way, he who is in the field, let him not turn back.
Luk 17:32  Remember Lot's wife.

Jud 1:6  And [messengers]--those who did not keep the position originally assigned to them, but deserted their own proper abode--He reserves in everlasting bonds, in darkness, in preparation for the judgement of the great day.

Luk 9:61  "Master," said yet another, "I will follow you; but allow me first to go and say good-bye to my friends at home."
Luk 9:62  Jesus answered him, "No one who has put his hand to the plough, and then looks behind him, is fit for the Kingdom of God.

Gal 5:1  Christ having made us gloriously free--stand fast and do not again be hampered with the yoke of slavery.

Gal 4:9  Now, however, having come to know God--or rather to be known by Him--how is it you are again turning back to weak and worthless rudimentary notions to which you are once more willing to be enslaved?

And the verses Marques provided.

Christ is using an illustration to show what Peter then clarified about the latter state being worse than the first.

Hope this helps.

In Him,
John

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:36:32 PM by JohnMichael »

Heidi

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 09:19:02 AM »

Dear Gene,

Below is an extract of an reply from Ray to an question asked of him regarding demons and evil spirits.

http://bible-truths.com/email9.htm#wrestle ----------------------

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jim:

Well, just like almost everything else Christians adopt as truth, their knowledge of demons and spirits is equally eschew.  First, Jim, always remember the basics:

"...for it is not ours to wrestle with blood and flesh, but with the sovereignties, with the authorities, with the world-mights of this darkness, with the spiritual forces of wickedness among the celestials" (Eph. 6:12).

So it is NOT the physical that is our biggest problem (flesh and blood), being overweight, etc.

Next we must understand that demons are FALSE DOCTRINES -- "doctrines of demons" Paul calls them. So anything that would influence us to believe in, follow, or be persuaded by any such things are demons influences.

So when we speak of "anger" we are in the realm of the spirit. James says, "Whosoever is ANGRY with his brother is a MURDERER"! WOW! "Be angry and SIN NOT -- do not let the sun go down upon your ANGER" is another. 

So being overweight and having uncontrolled anger are two totally different things.  Being overweight is no more a sin than having flat feet. There are thousands of things in the biological makeup of our bodies over which we have and nor can we have control. If one is a total glutton, that is a lust of the flesh, but MANY overweight people eat very little for their size. But anger, that's different. Anger comes from within the man and it can cause one to SIN.

Now then, what do we do with the demons of anger, lust, and other aberrant behavior, cast them out?  Well, if all we had to do was "cast them out," we wouldn't have to "wrestle" with them, would we?

Satan and his demons have their role in God's creation. God Himself has even commissioned LYING spirits to go out and do their dirty work (I Kings 22:22). So demons are real, they are here, and they will be around for a long time.

How should we handle them -- ask the preacher to cast them all out so that we are clean and will never be bothered in any spiritual way again, not to mention having a perfect size body? No, here's what God tells us we should do after telling us that we DO WRESTLE against these forces:

"Therefore take up the panoply [armor] of God that you may be enabled to WITHSTAND in the wicked day, and having effected all, to STAND.  STAND, then, girded about your loins with TRUTH [remember I said demons are FALSE doctrines], with the cuirass of righteousness put on, and your feet sandaled with the readiness of the evangel [gospel] of peace; with all taking up the large shield of FAITH, by which you WILL BE ABLE TO EXTINGUISH ALL THE FIERY ARROWS OF THE WICKED ONE."

So the truth is that we continue to wrestle and do battle with them -- it is good for us to do so, it MAKES US STRONG in the TRUTH and in our reliance of God's spiritual armor to protect us.

Hope that helps your understanding a little better.

gmik

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »

Not disputing any comments here-very good ones I think, but food for thought:

Its impossible to be a phony person----because by being phony that is who you are...we all have the "make up" that God intended:

So, being angry is still like having flat feet, being Italian vs being British each comes w/ ethnic variations and is just like flat feet or poor vision...

w/ fabled free will we would cast anger away wouldn't we, or obesity, or flat feet...

Its not what viles a man that goes into him....yet some would say obesity is by choice not inherent biologically...

Was it my choice to eat so much bad food that I got overweight? or God's plan?  This past year I have lost 75 lbs-was it my choice to get my "act" together and diet and exercise? or God's plan in His timing?

Of course I believe it was all according to His Will.

As is our character "flaws", why some are prone to anger and some are not....even the desire to study His word and try to rid ourselves of "sin" only comes as it is according to His will. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.