bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When people on facebook ask: "What is a B-T'er?"  (Read 4980 times)

Duane

When people on facebook ask: "What is a B-T'er?"
« on: December 15, 2011, 04:19:50 AM »

Date:   Thu, Dec 15, 2011 1:54 am
B-T'er is a person who is a member of Bible-Truths.com, who believes the LITERAL BIBLE and loves to study the Bible.  We come from all kinds of religion and believe main-stream orthodoxy falls short of the truth of God's Word in many areas.  Were not a cult, are not seeking a following after a person, and love to share/study the Bible-- internationally.   see: bible-truths.com or www.exposingthosewhocontradict.com. ; On facebook there are 160 B-T'ers under "friends of Ray"  (that being L. Ray Smith).   Thanks for asking!      Duane
(before publishing this abroad as an "official definition" I think it proper to go thru Ray, thru moderators-as I don't want/have the authority to sum up B-T'ers officially BUT I think it should be done as we are GROWING! :)

Note:  If anyone can come up with a short and better description--you are welcome to suggest it.
Also:  I didn't want to get into what we DIDN'T believe as I want the Lord to guide there and NOT turn off the people BEFORE they check out the "page".  H-E-L-P!!

I need your help:  As B-T keeps GROWING "we" have to keep "ahead of the game" as 150 people are all ready 'friends of Ray" on face book and GROWING---also EVERY ASPECT of B-T is growing in membership-praise God!!

Deborah-Leigh

Re: When people on facebook ask: "What is a B-T'er?"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 05:13:01 AM »

Hey Duane...I love the enthusiasm.

You might want to consider changing the view that we study the Literal Bible, because, the Bible ain't literal! Perhaps, one could say we believe God and study what He says...maybe?

Anyway....all the best in your working so near to the sluice gate of a Cosmic Dam! LOL...

JohnMichael

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »

Hey Duane,

You could also maybe say:

A B-T'er is a person walking in the footsteps of the Lord. We come from all kinds of religious backgrounds, but we've had enough of Babylonian bondage. We're not a cult, and we do not follow a person, and we love to share/study the Scriptures - internationally. If interested, see www.bible-truths.com.

Short, sweet, and to the point. What do you think?

In Him,
John

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:03:59 PM »

Ray has never posted a 'creed' and has written that he won't post a short summary.  For my part, I could not have been happier to read that.  Creeds divide people, and people's devotion to 'creeds' is often what makes them knee-jerk resistant to the Gospel or any deeper truths of scripture.  

I don't think focus should be put on either the forum or the 'friends of ray' facebook page, but on the materials on the website.  It's fine (good, even) to direct, promote, or link to bible-truths.com.  But it's not a good idea to try to summarize years of teaching over broad subjects into a handy 'statement of faith'.  Neither is it a good idea to invite people to the forum who can't be here for the reasons it exists.

What YOU share and talk about is up to YOU.  If somebody asked me, I'd send them a link to bible-truths.com and let them discover for themselves.      

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:15:56 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:24:25 PM »

Well said Dave

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 03:44:38 PM »

When people ask me what I believe of if I believe in God I tell them yes. If they ask me if I believe in Christ, I tell them yes. If they ask me if I'm a christian or not, I tell tjhem, depending on who you ask, yes and no. Some christians would say I'm not christian at alll, rather a devil worshiper, a lost sheep or a false prophet. Others would say, usually those not of thhe faith, that I am christian because I believe in Christ as the Son of God. Personally, I like not having one specific name for who I am because it just shows how I am a myster to this world, hid In Christ. I would rather it stay that waay and as dave has said, statements of faith and creeds and names could never do our Father justice. Every part of his word is precious and we can't deamon or devalue parts of it in attempt to making a name for ourselves. We are sons and daughters of God, that's who we are and let it remain that way.

Weell that's my two cents anyway, I left my fathers church because of things like this, I have no intention of ever going back or naming myself! I am Alex,a carnal idiot with a pashion to follow the footsteps of our Big Brother, Christ, let the world wonder and call me what they want! The Father knows my name! ;)

God bless!
Alex
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:21:37 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.