bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fig tree generation  (Read 6296 times)

dre91

fig tree generation
« on: December 18, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »

Who or what is the fig tree generation?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: fig tree generation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »

Literally, the generation that sees all the signs in Jesus' answer taking place.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:41:42 AM »

what is it metaphorically??  or as a parable??

My babylonian friends always use that after some world-event to "prove" the end is nigh and they are already practice jumping for the rapture!! :-\

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 03:23:42 AM »

Many called few chosen is the metaphor and parable.

When the eye is single and full of Light, the beam can no longer cast the shadow of duality.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is not the tree of Life. ~ ;D

Howz that?

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 03:43:21 AM »

what is it metaphorically??  or as a parable??

Hi Gena.  It's well over my paygrade to answer.   But I believe I've already seen the signs.  What's more, I believe you have too.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:53:26 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »

Many, many people over the ages have thought they lived in the last times.  Early on, even the Apostles thought they lived in the last times and that Jesus would return in their lifetimes.

Only God knows.

Metaphorically, symbolicly, parabolicly, spiritually, they were right then too.

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm#preterist

gmik

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 10:35:15 PM »

Thanks for the link...good stuff!

Duane

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 10:13:04 PM »

Gina--I was curious and read a lot of info from looking under SEARCH: theology-preterist and found it very interesting at first glance.  I figured that everything I ever learned in church was wrong -I may as well look into this as well! I also sent for additional material from the source.  THEN, I read the article "WHY I'm Not a Pre-terist" and I discovered WHY I'm not a Preterist!
However, one of the rules of the FORUM, held strictly to, is not to stray away from B-T material as a source of discussion so I just mentioned the web source above.
P.S. I TRIED to slip in a PM about preterism to a person and it got zapped--good job moderators!! (I told you to hold me back if I strayed and you did!)  lol!

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »

Duane, a moderator may have deleted a post but we have no controls over PM's. We cannot see them or edit them in any way, nor would we want to.  As well it should be.

Craig

Tobias

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »

Although I'm convinced the Rapture is a man-made myth and have now come to terms that maybe much of Revelation has come to pass, I'm just not sure what. 

It does feel a bit odd now though, not knowing what's next... I was taught to keep looking up (Rapture) and that it was the next event on the prophetic time-line.  Now, I just don't believe that.  I guess the most likely thing that is next is my own death at some point in time.  I was hoping that could be averted, however by God's supernatural intervention and that hopefully I was living in the generation that would see the end of this age come to a close...  Probably not likely, however.  But I can always hope.   :)

Duane

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 03:50:56 AM »

Craig--thank you for telling me that.  I think Kat told me the same thing once but my post just disappeared before I could post it and I knew I was "off topic" so I assumed wrongly that it was deleted by a moderator.  Likely, I probably hit a wrong key and did it to my own PM.
I still wish you to delete any posts that I write that don't meet the quality of the FORUM because I am an insomniac (with apnea) and my thinking sometimes gets blurred-- as long hours affect my mental agility.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.