bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithe  (Read 4553 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithe
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »

Hi,

Although I am not in agreement with all you teach on, I have to say that I agree with you on  tithes for one simple reason which I will break down has follows;

tithes were part (or rather became part) of the 'legal system'

I am no longer under the law but under grace, Christ did not abolish the law or the prophets but fulfilled them so through him I am free of their 'obligations'

If we obey the principle of  tithes we must do it properly the tenth tenth was only a part of it,

Why do we have to obey that 'law' and none of the others to me it's illogical and unscriptural.

By the way as a former preacher I never asked for one penny (aside from the collection which went to the church and not me, and I never stipulated an amount or percentage they should give) yet God alaways, always met my need. I had no need to try and cajole others to sending me money I was content to trust God who shall supply all of my need.  So I am with you on this one! Sorry to go on but I am getting fed up with the majority of televangelist preaching prosperity teachings and flying around in a private jet while most of their congregations are poor having shelled out for another book or tape or cd or dvd on how to get rich - simple answer don't buy them and save the cash.

Thanks,

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.