bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sharing my agenda's issues...  (Read 4896 times)

acomplishedartis

sharing my agenda's issues...
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:30:43 AM »

Everybody that can communicate does have an agenda (an arrangement of daily activities, underlie by intentions and motives).

I have an agenda, you have an agenda and everybody have agendas, even if they write on it or not, in many ways we are like computers (really, and the smarter they get; we have a clearer example that we have no free-will).

On a daily basis I usually read, communicate with others, I work, sometimes try to do some art when I am ready, look for a certain topic or go there or over there, my point is that we all have do have schedules. It is easy to say that we need balance and that practice makes perfection, But

but lately things are not working the best for my time estimations (I tent to put dead lines on my self), I don't know, maybe I am trying to do too much in little time or putting too much attention in something that probably at this time of my life could be not a priority, like for example; at this present age of mine (25) I find a priority to research long and study topics that are usually taken for granted before huge compromises arise and other more important and necessary topics come into my priorities... But when I get too much into it, or whatever other activity,I take less care of other things. Then if I try to do a little bit of everything each day; I advance very slowly in every activity. Lately I am getting a little bit frustrated.

I do remember my self everyday that I have no free will, God is in control and  all my steps and times are just as they are spooned to be , I mean, I do have peace and are not in hurry most of the time, however, I don't let my mind in random for very long but try to use well my time, it is just a strange place where I find my self right now, I know...

Anyway, before I start talking random, I want to ask for help, any advance will be fine, like for meassure times better, or how to progress better in activities or projects, whatever works for you, it would be nice to listen to others opinions or secret weapons.

Moises

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:42:16 PM by Moises »

Gina

Re: sharing my agenda's issues... help please.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »

I can totally empathize with you, Moises.  My daughter can too!  I can't really offer any advice, but I do agree that you're absolutely correct in that you're right where God wants you at all times.  There are so many things and people vying for our attention, ya know?  It makes a person's head spin almost.  Maybe you could ask God for wisdom?  That's what I do.

James 1:5
If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
  (I take that to mean that God doesn't find fault with us for lacking wisdom and is more than eager to give us wisdom when we ask.  Let not your heart be troubled.  ;))

Bless you, Moises!   :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:23:17 AM by Gina »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »

thanks Gina, I am going to take that as my priority

Moises

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »

Moises, it seems to me that much of the 'good stuff' comes when we've 'prepared' ourselves, but not when we are 'looking for it'.  A breakthrough in understanding may come while we are dilligently studying/meditating...but it may come later when something seemingly unrelated brings things into focus.  You may not always get the 'flash' without the 'toil', but if you're not willing to forgo your 'schedule', you may miss the 'flash'.

I've heard a lot of songwriters talk about how they work.  Almost all devote a certain amount of time (either daily or in large chunks as a retreat) to their craft.  But that doesn't garuntee results.  You always have to be 'ready' to drop what you're doing and be receptive to inspiration.

Our minds are able to work conciously and unconciously.  I can't articulate it, but I have the sense that this is a way we are 'yoked together' with Him.  We go about our lives doing what we need to do, and what interests us, and trying to learn and be obedient.  But in our 'innermost' these experiences and skills and struggles knit together in ways beyond our efforts and concious understanding.

For whatever any of that is worth, you just have to make ongoing decisions about what is important, attainable, possible, worthwhile, etc.  Then be willing, like Paul was sometimes, to be content with 'wanting to do' what you can't do yet.  (Rom. 1)  And at the same time, willing to drop everything YOU planned for what He has for you.  If your plans were good, you can get back to them later. 

If all that's gobbledeegook, what can I say?   :P         
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »

Hi Moises

What you are experiencing is entirely normal. ;D

“The future always comes too fast and in the wrong order.”  :D
― Alvin Toffler

When you realise that is how it is supposed to be, then maybe you might be less critical of your abilty to cope. ~ :)

Nothing is wrong, so, keep on keeping on!~ :)

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »

PS ~ I don't have any secret weapon! LOL... :D ;D

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »

Moises, it seems to me that much of the 'good stuff' comes when we've 'prepared' ourselves, but not when we are 'looking for it'.  A breakthrough in understanding may come while we are dilligently studying/meditating...but it may come later when something seemingly unrelated brings things into focus.  You may not always get the 'flash' without the 'toil', but if you're not willing to forgo your 'schedule', you may miss the 'flash'.

I've heard a lot of songwriters talk about how they work.  Almost all devote a certain amount of time (either daily or in large chunks as a retreat) to their craft.  But that doesn't garuntee results.  You always have to be 'ready' to drop what you're doing and be receptive to inspiration.

Our minds are able to work conciously and unconciously.  I can't articulate it, but I have the sense that this is a way we are 'yoked together' with Him.  We go about our lives doing what we need to do, and what interests us, and trying to learn and be obedient.  But in our 'innermost' these experiences and skills and struggles knit together in ways beyond our efforts and concious understanding.

For whatever any of that is worth, you just have to make ongoing decisions about what is important, attainable, possible, worthwhile, etc.  Then be willing, like Paul was sometimes, to be content with 'wanting to do' what you can't do yet.  (Rom. 1)  And at the same time, willing to drop everything YOU planned for what He has for you.  If your plans were good, you can get back to them later.  

If all that's gobbledeegook, what can I say?   :P        

hi Dave,
No, what you said makes sense to me, I appreciate it.

Regarding artist and how they do their work, I can sympathize very well... as I have been into doing art since I was a kid, actually a few years ago I used to spend A lOT of time in art projects, and then wait for inspiration for weeks and keep going. then as I keep growing up I started to get more balanced and try to put priorities more in order. But I totally understand what you are saying regarding those flashes of inspiration, times when you have to just stop and start writing down the new ideas... I will wait for them to come again!

On the other hand, when I started to realize more and more that I had no free-will, I didn't took an attitude of laziness as some suggest that that is the outcome, but men, I became very strict on my self, since I started to realized that every action and thought had a consequence, like 2 years ago I remember I used to get so deep in my thoughts and used to plan everything with so much detail, ha, that couldn't last for very long but I think it did help me somehow. Since then I still on my search for balance and progress,

I don't expect absolute answers out of this relative issue, I do appreciate all the opinions and sympathies!

Arcturus

Yeah, I will try to be a little less critical!

By the way, come on, I know you have a secret weapon...     (probably is so secret that you denied it, ha)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:39:06 PM by Moises »

Gina

Re: sharing my agenda's issues...
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »

Dave in Tenn wrote:
it seems to me that much of the 'good stuff' comes when we've 'prepared' ourselves, but not when we are 'looking for it'.

That's true for me as well.

Gina

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 12:04:56 AM »

Moises, I know exactly what you mean:

On the other hand, when I started to realize more and more that I had no free-will, I didn't took an attitude of laziness as some suggest that that is the outcome, but men, I became very strict on my self, since I started to realized that every action and thought had a consequence, like 2 years ago I remember I used to get so deep in my thoughts and used to plan everything with so much detail, ha, that couldn't last for very long but I think it did help me somehow. Since then I still on my search for balance and progress,

That, too, passes. Thank God.  ;)

acomplishedartis

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 12:15:29 AM »

Dave in Tenn wrote:
it seems to me that much of the 'good stuff' comes when we've 'prepared' ourselves, but not when we are 'looking for it'.

That's true for me as well.

I have been thinking about this whole post and about all the answer - all day long. Specially that saying! it kind of makes sense,

Also this verse have come to my mind often

Now who of you by worrying is able to add on to his stature one cubit?

No matter how hard we try and plan and think about it...

Gina

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 01:22:17 AM »

lol  Yes! God sure knows how to keep our eyes plastered on Him, doesn't He?  He takes away our reliance on ourselves and then the only thing left to do is to look to Him for guidance.  Chris R used to kid and say, "No free-will here!"  hehe. 

(We had some good times, Chris R.   ;D)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 01:24:30 AM »

I'm glad you are in the Forum Gina...

Gina

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 01:35:41 AM »

Thank you, Deb!  And I'm glad you and everyone are on the forum.  I'm so at home here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:20:31 AM by Gina »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 04:56:40 AM »

Of course!  :D

You, and all Gina...thank you for the correction ~ ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.