bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Discussions at Facebook or YouTube.  (Read 10376 times)

Samson

Discussions at Facebook or YouTube.
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:48:11 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Everyone is invited to participate in this venture. I just desired to share my recent experience in a Youtube "Religious" discussion. On Youtube, I'm known as Oceangrove129, it's the place I was born, Ocean Grove, N.J. down by the Jersey Shore and My date of birth, 01-29-57. On Face Book, I just go by my regular name, Bradley A. Mathews. Rarely, do I get involved with any "Religious" discussion or debate on Face Book, mainly because of Family Members who are part of My Friend List, especially My youngest Daughter and some others I won't mention. Of course, it's the " He or She that is convinced against their Will, is of the same opinion still premise that I try to follow that is the CAUSE that prevents Me from arguing these beliefs we share at Bible Truths, etc, etc, etc.

However, recently(during the last week), I made a few comments at the Video, How The Church Destroyed My Faith By Jael Sister. This was the Video that I Posted on OFF TOPICS approximately a year or so ago. Well, I decided to make a few comments, primarily directed to a User named: Universalism Refuted. I made the usual comments, defining Aion & it's derivatives, defining Kolasin(to correct or prune), Timoria(Severe Penalty or Punishment), Apollumi(destroy, lose, lost or loss); Olethros(Destruction or Extermination) and the ALL being Eventually Saved Routine with the usual Scriptures(1Tim. 4:9,10; 1Tim. 2:3-6; 2Peter.3:9 and others). I even explained PAS(All, Everyone, As many as), God's total Sovereignty and that All Choices are based on prior Causes.

Now, I know We are counseled not to get into debates with those that don't readily accept these Truths after an initial reasoning, so there's no need for anyone here to counsel Me in this area. I have sort of a combination Type A & B Personality and usually I stay clear of these back and forth arguments that lead nowhere, but did any of you on occasion, due to Your Carnality and imperfect nature just get into that mind set where you desire to " Slam Dunk" these typically boring and predictable responses from "Orthodox" Type Christianity. This Guy from the Video, who made the Comments in response to Me is named: Cqqrzgth and gave the usual responses & comments- Context, Context, Context, His God of Context, Name Calling: We are Idiots & Dumb A@@es, The Parables are Literal; " You don't know Koine(Common) Greek," etc, etc, etc. By the way, I DID NOT RESORT TO NAME CALLING. The only rough comment I made is that it was Blasphemous to suggest that what God desires or wills will not or cannot happen due to Human choice and that it would mean that God is a Liar if what He desires doesn't come to pass.

Another reason to avoid these debates has to due to Mathematics, that's right, Mathematics. what I mean by that, You only get 500 Characters in each Post, so your limited. Does anyone here have any experiences like the above and occasionally fall prey to this DESIRE to get involved in these discussions, even though We probably shouldn't. This Guy(Cqqrzgth) was so Male Pride arrogant, MY Testosterone(the little I have left) started to flow encouraging Me to really SLAM DUNK this arrogant Jerk.

Let those thoughts flow, Samson.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Discussions at Facebook or YouTube.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »

I've stated this many times Brad. 

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Craig

PS I know it is hard not to sometimes as we all have a little idiot in us.

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »

we all have a little idiot in us

Yep and big things come in small packages sometimes.
Stacey

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »

I do too have the same problem now and again, Samson. To try and keep myself from arguing, I try to look at it now as having different God. I have a God and more times than not, I know their god too from experience. The race is on, after all. Good day all. :)

Samson

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »

I've stated this many times Brad. 

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Craig

PS I know it is hard not to sometimes as we all have a little idiot in us.

Interestingly Enough Craig,

In my original comments at this You-Tube Video, I wasn't even communicating with this particular Guy. He wasn't even involved in comments that preceded mine. My initial remarks were directed at the Guy named: Universalism Refuted and then, out of nowhere this other Guy chimed in. I think the comment of His that annoyed Me the most was: We don't know Koine Greek. I kind of wonder, Who really exactly knows the Koine(Common) Greek Language of that period, We don't have any original Manuscripts to compare, perhaps maybe secular writings of a Non Scriptural Nature from that Time period. The only thing that I might have accomplished was a little Post Holiday venting and a little Winter Weather Claustrophobic Itis frustration removal,  ;)::).

Carry On, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »

The key point is not technical knowledge of biblical Greek or Hebrew.  God has given mankind such knowledge and it is preserved down through the ages.

The essential need is the Spirit of God, which is required to understand spiritual truths and is only given by God to a few at this time.

The scriptures show that God is only saving a few in this age.  It will be the next age when He begins the salvation of the Many.

Thus, it is futile for us to think we can change anyone's mind on spiritual matters.  It will be God Who will bring spiritual understanding to the few at this time.  It is an easy thing to Him.

John,

Did I not already state that I made an error by arguing with this arrogant know it all. I agree with you, but you mention having God's Spirit in understanding, but what difference does that make with these Characters who believe like some of Us used to, because they make the same claim, they think they have a spiritual understanding given to them. Did you notice in my original Post that I recognized the premise about "Convincing someone against their, of the same opinion still." Besides, I admitted it was a Carnal mistake on my part. Did you fully read my original Post, I agree with you.  ;D.

Carry On, Samson.

Revilonivek

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »

it's a matter of perspectives. we used to protect our church with our lives at one time. we saw it as a holy gathering on holy ground, etc.  i remember when i was thinking of leaving church because i never felt right and its all a social status kind of thing. a church member told me if i leave this church, i would be leaving God. i left anyway and felt more free than ever. The goal is to see God's perspective on humanity.not our carnal perspectives on who is right or moral obligation to prove which truth is the right truth. Just be one light of God and do what you decide is more  important. God has ways to exhaust someone's desire of evil with more of it till they have had enough of it and turn. Trust In God and focus on your own spirit enlightenment. it is truly the best thing right now. others will follow eventually.

love and peace, Denise

Gina

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 04:15:54 AM »

I like the way Craig put it.

It's very tempting to get into debates.  And guess what that little idiot's middle name is?  
That's right --  "Hi!  My Name is Competition!  What's your name, Stupid?"

About a year ago, someone from the forum said to me that we're all God's children.  But I debated that heavily.  How could that be when we read this:

John 8:44 (AMP) You are of your father, the devil, and it is your will to practice the lusts and gratify the desires [which are characteristic] of your father. ...

I may have been technically correct, but a year later I finally get what it means to live by faith and not by sight.  And it was my friend Gail (a mainstream Christian of all people, but who wouldn't hurt a flea -- just doesn't understand that God wants to and WILL work sin out of the sinner) that God used to show me what living by faith and not by sight looks like.    God's FULL of surprises like that in my life.  It's like, Her? Lord?  You're using her to teach me?  Well alrighty thennnn!

Consequently, I made the connection:  we live by [the] faith [of Jesus Christ] this way:  We look to the time when those who are disputing that God is not evil now will eventually no longer dispute it.   And that seems to me to be the key.  

I used to like to think I was teaching somebody, anybody, something.  (hehe, Surprise!  Guess what?  I'm not smart enough to find my way out of a paper bag with a hole in it, and I'm gonna teach them about God?  And I heard the Lord say to me, No you won't, either! Then He stuck me on the roof of the proverbial shed and let me just sit there and observe.  But those who know me know I kept trying to get down.  :D).  

Ya figure, why waste time "reaching" others when we just as easily could be spending that time doing more productive, constructive things, like, praying for people.  Anyone!  Just freaking PRAY [without ceasing]! lol  Right?

Sounds so condescending and preachy and teachy.  I'm teaching myself.  Fact is, I can't get over how the obvious so often eludes me.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:23:22 AM by Gina »

Kat

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »

Hi Samson,

What I find is that a lot of times we may have head knowledge of something, but it is not until we put it to the test and actually try it out for ourselves, experience, that we fully realize it.

Me in all my wisdom  ;) have talked to my children about many things, but alas most of the time they had to learn things the hard way.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:46:33 PM by Kat »

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 11:46:25 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvVVQGgbKk0

You guys know how to post videos, to Facebook?

:D

Samson

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »

I like the way Craig put it.

It's very tempting to get into debates.  And guess what that little idiot's middle name is?  
That's right --  "Hi!  My Name is Competition!  What's your name, Stupid?"

About a year ago, someone from the forum said to me that we're all God's children.  But I debated that heavily.  How could that be when we read this:

John 8:44 (AMP) You are of your father, the devil, and it is your will to practice the lusts and gratify the desires [which are characteristic] of your father. ...

I may have been technically correct, but a year later I finally get what it means to live by faith and not by sight.  And it was my friend Gail (a mainstream Christian of all people, but who wouldn't hurt a flea -- just doesn't understand that God wants to and WILL work sin out of the sinner) that God used to show me what living by faith and not by sight looks like.    God's FULL of surprises like that in my life.  It's like, Her? Lord?  You're using her to teach me?  Well alrighty thennnn!

Consequently, I made the connection:  we live by [the] faith [of Jesus Christ] this way:  We look to the time when those who are disputing that God is not evil now will eventually no longer dispute it.   And that seems to me to be the key.  

I used to like to think I was teaching somebody, anybody, something.  (hehe, Surprise!  Guess what?  I'm not smart enough to find my way out of a paper bag with a hole in it, and I'm gonna teach them about God?  And I heard the Lord say to me, No you won't, either! Then He stuck me on the roof of the proverbial shed and let me just sit there and observe.  But those who know me know I kept trying to get down.  :D).  

Ya figure, why waste time "reaching" others when we just as easily could be spending that time doing more productive, constructive things, like, praying for people.  Anyone!  Just freaking PRAY [without ceasing]! lol  Right?

Sounds so condescending and preachy and teachy.  I'm teaching myself.  Fact is, I can't get over how the obvious so often eludes me.

Good Thoughts & Counsel Gina,

However, as I stated in My original Post, the initial comments that I Posted at this Youtube Video had nothing to do with this Guy that chimed in out of nowhere and I knew that it was a mistake on My part to continue, for even a time. Craig was right, in a way because He seemed to be an experienced debater and suckered Me into this one. This Video by Jael Sister was meant for those that lost their way & faith because of THE Church System and my initial comments were directed to someone else that made a comment regarding Hebrews 10:26. Anyway, I had another thought about this experience, based on His(cqqrzgth) last Post. That was the last Post in Our "discussion," because I gave Him the last thought realizing I wasted too much time already, time is better spent in something more productive, even listening to music from Youtube would have been more productive. Read next paragraph for thought.

His last comment went something like this(not an exact quote), but it's a familiar response from those that try to discredit your reasoning. He said that " We only need to read The Bible to get the proper understanding and Truth, not outside information from other sources." What He was referring to was my suggesting that He read some articles By John Wesley Hanson; Alexander Thomson; Thomas Allin, Dr. Thomas Thayer, Dr Ernest Martin; William Barclay and some others. I mentioned specific articles depicting the subjects that would prove my position. Interestingly, He never addressed My information about Aion & it's derivatives, not once, He stayed clear of it. My thought goes like this in regard to the Scriptures, because He believes that just reading the bible is enough to figure out THE TRUTH. If I were to pick up a Bible with no prior beliefs, with no assistance from God's Spirit, I mean preconceived knowledge of any doctrines from any Church Denominations or thoughts from others and read it objectively and analytically, examining it thoroughly from Genesis Chapter One through the last chapter of Revelation, I would probably throw it in the garbage believing it was written By a bunch of Schizophrenic Psychopaths depicting a God that Loves & Hates Me, kissing & hugging Me one minute and wanting to toast, destroy and punish the endless Hell out of Me in a book filled with endless & multiple contradictions. My point is that I wouldn't have reached any of My current understanding's and conclusions without the help of L Ray Smith and the many others information as a result of My desire to research and reason these things out. None of this said in the above is meant as an offense towards God. Now really, isn't everybody exposed to some sort of information about God, at least to some extent that forms the basis of their beliefs early on in Youth.

Somebody told each and everyone of us something to form the initial concepts of what We believe or at one time believed. Does this Guy, the one from the Video expect Me to believe that He wasn't influenced early on by some type of outside information besides just reading the Scriptures, like His Parents, His Church, His Teachers, His Acquaintances, etc, etc. Our Brains are a Tabula Rosa meaning that they are blank at birth until We gain information from learning, something has to be put in there. However, His comment, in fairness to Him, is typical, I've heard that from people, just read the Bible. Christendom has had the Bible and been reading it for 2,000 years resulting in over Ten Thousand Denominations & Sects.

If I had just read the Bible and not done any investigation or research, Who knows what I would believe. And just to Clarify one last point to everyone on the Forum. When I mention just reading the Bible from cover to cover, I don't mean bibles with footnotes, concordances, alternate renderings and all that additional fancy footwork, because with the aid of these Tools, one might make some sense out what's contained therein.

Just some pondering about this experience, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvVVQGgbKk0

:D

Ha Ha Marques, I know where I would like to have dropped the Tiger off to yesterday when my frustration started to swell,  ;).

My wife interpreted your Video like this: " We get information much faster than they do, it's passe, His opinion doesn't matter anymore, by the time He learns some of the things We know, We already learned allot of other things." From My Wife Pam.  ;).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »

Now really, isn't everybody exposed to some sort of information about God, at least to some extent that forms the basis of their beliefs early on in Youth.

Bull's eye Samson. That is exactly IT!

YES.

Everyone has 'some sort of information about God'....which isn't GOD.

Like Job who knew ABOUT or OF God, yet did not know GOD.

The mental picture OF God has everything to do with the consciousness OF your culture, your upbringing and your social agreements.

Once you step out of the Contract of agreeing with social agreements, and religious arrangements, then you begin to walk away from the limiting ideas of the minds ability to settle down on a false perception and give it credence at every turn. Which is what the folks who enjoy going on the merry-go-round, just to have their hair ruffled in the wind of the ride, enjoy doing with their game of competing ideas and perceptions.

Everyone has a right to see what they are seeing, to believe in what they see, and to go the mile into the desert if they want to follow an illusion.

In fact it is part of the ride, to end in the desert, parched, thirsty and with only a beetle for a companion. Ask me. I know!

At the end of the day, it is not what you know, but WHO you know. The rest is just for the fun of the party, or not.

Arc

Samson

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »

Now really, isn't everybody exposed to some sort of information about God, at least to some extent that forms the basis of their beliefs early on in Youth.

Bull's eye Samson. That is exactly IT!

YES.

Everyone has 'some sort of information about God'....which isn't GOD.

Like Job who knew ABOUT or OF God, yet did not know GOD.

The mental picture OF God has everything to do with the consciousness OF your culture, your upbringing and your social agreements.

Once you step out of the Contract of agreeing with social agreements, and religious arrangements, then you begin to walk away from the limiting ideas of the minds ability to settle down on a false perception and give it credence at every turn. Which is what the folks who enjoy going on the merry-go-round, just to have their hair ruffled in the wind of the ride, enjoy doing with their game of competing ideas and perceptions.

Everyone has a right to see what they are seeing, to believe in what they see, and to go the mile into the desert if they want to follow an illusion.

In fact it is part of the ride, to end in the desert, parched, thirsty and with only a beetle for a companion. Ask me. I know!

At the end of the day, it is not what you know, but WHO you know. The rest is just for the fun of the party, or not.

Arc

Yes Deborah, You have a knack for boiling it down in a logical manner, the above is all true. My Countenance was tested once again and subjected to God's refining process(Galatians. 5:19-21, ie-selfish ambitions, anger), hence My Carnal Desire to "Slam Dunk" this Guy with proof. All I accomplished was ticking myself off and attempting to satisfy myself. That's one party I didn't enjoy, anyway,  ;).

Thanks, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »

ROFL ;D...hick....LOL...Sa...SAMSON...I get this picture of you at the party...by invitation only!

There you are at the bar...same picture of you in the Avatar...very sober, serious, the thinker.....hick...giggle giggle...and there you are and you are looking at the image of your face on the beautiful crystal glass that holds a heavenly non alcoholic drink and in the image you see a face.

To amuse yourself you begin a conversation. The chap in the image plays along and bubble bubble, toil and trouble...you end up giving the image the victory and in drowning sorrows you gulp up all the golden fruit of the spirit that is in the glass...you look up...and there is everyone around you in the party, in the BTF, just glowing and smiling their joy at and for the liberty we have in having  been released out of the bonds of slavery to Babylon....

Outside there's a long line of guests that have been called to this party from the streets, the alleys and by ways and high ways because the timing of the party did not suit the folks who have got real serious things to think about...you and I were two of 'em...LOL

Not getting by anymore with Slam Dunk Carnal beverages...ever learning to love the sound of Joy, Peace, Kindness, Gratitude, Love, Gentleness and all those wonderful attributes we are given to see in one another, that is the work of the Lord being manifest to our delight ~  for you delight in HIM.

Love to you and Pam

Arc

River

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 12:11:20 AM »

Hey now that it's done, just maybe someone will read it and say let me check into this about what this guy is saying. And guess what, many of us did the same thing with reading Ray's material when he went against major T.V. pastors. Maybe it isn't for you or the other guy but for someone else to see. Just a thought.

Gina

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 12:51:14 AM »

This has been a great thread. 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 03:57:01 AM »

Hey now that it's done, just maybe someone will read it and say let me check into this about what this guy is saying. And guess what, many of us did the same thing with reading Ray's material when he went against major T.V. pastors. Maybe it isn't for you or the other guy but for someone else to see. Just a thought.

Excellent! ~ 8) ;D

Gina

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »

Excellent! ~ 8) ;D

My thoughts too.

Samson

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 11:53:22 AM »

Excellent! ~ 8) ;D

My thoughts too.

Yes River, Deborah & Gina,

A friend of mine from Face Book, Phillip Raper sent Me a few messages about THIS GUY, telling Me He hates Universalists and Phillip has been dealing with this GUY for the last year. This Guy goes by Four different Names, His real name is Brian Morgan and resorts to abusive name calling and often plays the CONTEXT game when discussing passages of Scripture, but all of you(River, Gina & Deborah) are probably right, it's not about Samson & Brian Morgan, it's about somebody else that might read some of these comments and investigating these issue's for themselves, only God knows IF and WHEN that takes place, in this Age or the Age to come. At some point, Phillip and others stopped responding to this GUY, realizing He has an agenda.

Just a side note, Phillip told Me He once asked this GUY if He wanted God to punish people Forever and this Guy responded that He really desired for this to take place and couldn't wait.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.