bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morality  (Read 5590 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Morality
« on: December 27, 2011, 04:13:05 PM »

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:49:25 PM by Craig »

Samson

Re: Morality
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/opinion/zak-moral-molecule/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

And anyone doubts that our will is not caused?

Craig

Excellent & Very Interesting Craig, My wife and I listened to this Video. " We want to Punish People that act immorally due to High Testosterone(Men). Men who are obsessed with other people getting Endless Punishment have high levels of Testosterone, I guess mine is too low,  ;D. Oxytosin incredible, thumbs up Craig for this Thread.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:49:38 PM by Craig »

Gina

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 05:21:09 AM »

This is great, Craig. 
((Hugs))

acomplishedartis

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:29:07 AM »

Hi Craig

your video lead me to a link I took that lead me to this one:

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_asks_are_we_in_control_of_our_own_decisions.html

And does anyone still;  doubts that our will is not caused?

and I have also decided (because of many causation's) to bring back this another good video, that somebody posted a long time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N6S9OidmNZM

Moises

(I really hope to someday have the ability to talk and be able to take this illusion out of some peoples minds)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 08:23:03 AM »

YES! ~ ;D real good! ~ 8)

Gina

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:26:57 AM »

Makes me think of a book one of my sister's turned me on to "The Alchemy of Love and Lust," all about the different hormones and their functions and how a person can do things in order to achieve a better bond with others. You can read an excerpt of it at google books:  http://books.google.com/books?id=de2KAi7_6s4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=alchemy+of+love+and+lust.pdf&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vxH7Tp3LHcqQiAL1h4WkDg&ved=0CDMQuwUwAA#v=onepage&q=alchemy%20of%20love%20and%20lust.pdf&f=false

Also, makes me think of Fatal Attraction where Glenn Close's character got a little attention from Michael Douglas' character and when he backed off she boiled his bunny.  ;D  (Sorry, don't mean to make light of the women (and men) out there who are that obsessive/compulsive.  It's just that, that movie was so over-dramatized it was almost silly.)

But I can see how people can get that attached, almost addicted to another just from touch.  Since oxytocin is the chemical that bonds mother and child at birth, and I've researched it and oxytocin actually produces as euphoric a feeling as do opiates--like heroin, then it should come as no surprise that some people will resort to doing stupid maniacal stuff just to get a fix.

We each have the amazing capability of manipulating another's emotions so easily (except for the 5 percent of psychopaths  and that tells me we need to be very careful and carry a syringe filled oxytocin just in case.  j/k)  I have been the victim of this once or twice or three or four times.  

Looking back, the hug/touch-trust method is the very method I believe those priests used to manipulate all those young boys into giving themselves up.
But I digress...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:55:32 AM by Gina »

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »

Really enjoyed that Craig. Great find there.

Gotta get to work now on my 8 hugs for the day,  :)
Stacey

River

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »

"There are a lot of myths which make the human race cruel and barbarous and unkind. Good and Evil, Sin and Crime, Free Will and the like delusions made to excuse God for damning men and to excuse men for crucifying each other." - Clarence Darrow 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.