bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do we know if we're converted?  (Read 17848 times)

santikos

Re: How do we know if we're converted?
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »

I am not sure if someone posted it yet, but i do remember in one of ray's papers he mentioned that after 3 years with Jesus, peter was not converted. He was converted after spending time seeing, handling, and eating with the Master. I am sure for some it will take alot of time. But if i was perfect in this life i would not need God.

Gina

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »

I am not sure if someone posted it yet, but i do remember in one of ray's papers he mentioned that after 3 years with Jesus, peter was not converted. He was converted after spending time seeing, handling, and eating with the Master. I am sure for some it will take alot of time. But if i was perfect in this life i would not need God.

That's very true, Peter wasn't converted until after Jesus rose from the dead and breathed on the disciples.  I remember that Ray said that, too, except, Peter while converted wasn't sin-free (perfected).  No one can be perfected in the flesh, but we can be converted.  So you just brought out a very good point for me to ponder.  Thank you, Santikos! :)

Tobias

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »

It is a gift.  This is what people need to accept. 

Ephesians 2:8,9 are pretty clear.  It's not something we can boast about.  Choosing to do this over that certainly is boast worthy so I don't see as a stipulation for salvation... It is more evidence by way of physical manifestation of our salvation. 

Some could argue that belief is evidence enough of our salvation.  After all, belief is a gift.

I'm new here...  But that's how I see it.

Gina

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »

It is a gift.  This is what people need to accept. 

Ephesians 2:8,9 are pretty clear.  It's not something we can boast about.  Choosing to do this over that certainly is boast worthy so I don't see as a stipulation for salvation... It is more evidence by way of physical manifestation of our salvation. 

Some could argue that belief is evidence enough of our salvation.  After all, belief is a gift.

I'm new here...  But that's how I see it.

That's a great way to see it!  :) :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.