bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: adultery  (Read 33229 times)

Gina

Re: adultery
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »

I see your point Gina, to what Paul refers....

myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].

Yes...that which is unfit, rejected and counted as counterfeit IS the MY self that is the ego or the beast within sitting on the Throne of Christ in Temple that we are. 

Consider also Paul also wrote the following ~

Rom 7:5  For while we were living in the flesh, sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies to bear fruit for death.

Rom 12:1  I therefore urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercies, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices that are holy and pleasing to God, for this is the reasonable way for you to worship.

If you are not "in view of God's mercies" then living in the flesh as sinful passion aroused by the law, is the work of deliverance of  God's Spirit that saves the lost, restores the broken and uplifts the downtrodden leaving no one unfit, unapproved or rejected.

All are saved in view of God's mercies.  8)

And that reminds me of this:

Philippians 2:12-13 (KJV)

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Thanks for corresponding with me, Deb!  It's a great comfort.  :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »

Thanks for corresponding with me, Deb!  It's a great comfort.  :)

Immensely likewise Gina ~ likewise! 8) ;D

Gina

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »

Thanks for doing the research Gina! 8)

There is more to it, than meets the eye in  if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.  ;D

You're welcome!

And...easier said than done.  That takes a work of God.  It baffles me to think that men have actually castrated themselves for the sake of the kingdom.  Thankfully for the men out there castration isn't a requirement and circumcision is of the heart.  I mean, if I were a man when I read that, I'd be so relieved.  No joke.

:o  Thanks for your concern!

Huh?

Heidi

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2012, 07:33:57 AM »

Thanks for doing the research Gina! 8)

There is more to it, than meets the eye in  if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.  ;D

You're welcome!

And...easier said than done.  That takes a work of God.  It baffles me to think that men have actually castrated themselves for the sake of the kingdom.  Thankfully for the men out there castration isn't a requirement and circumcision is of the heart.  I mean, if I were a man when I read that, I'd be so relieved.  No joke.

:o  Thanks for your concern!

Huh?

Sarcasm and humor cannot be explained.  If God didn't give you the gift of understanding, then there is little I can do.  Reread the post and the humor may strike you.  It may manifest in deep laughter coming from your belly.  Oops sorry, I forgot.  Ladies don't have a belly, they have a tummy.   ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D  Good one....

Gina

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 12:02:37 PM »

I'd like to add one last thing.  I know the reason why I haven't ever gotten married-I know that I wouldn't be able to remain faithful.  And I wouldn't want to hurt a man that way.

In my recent distresses, I went on the hunt this morning for "why women cheat" and found a book by a woman named Michelle Langley.  Admittedly, I haven't read it yet, but her website info looks very promising.

All the best to you, Dre.  You are not alone!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.