bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey to BT (Lynne)  (Read 4379 times)

lynne

My journey to BT (Lynne)
« on: December 30, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »

Well my journey is probably similar to many here perhaps.

I was saved at an altar in a Pentecostal church meeting. From there I went into what is known as the "word of faith" then my last stop was what is known as "the Kingdom or manifestation of the sons of God" It was in the kingdom teachings where I first heard about ultimate reconcilliation. The speaker was asked to leave our service that night before the service was finished. He was shunned, criticized, ignored and never to be heard from again.

I finally stopped going to church over 15 years ago.  I was always asking questions about the scriptures and searching for truth about them. All I knew was how to use my Strong's and a dictionary along with a Greek and Hebrew lexicon.   I would try and do what was taught. Example. One teacher said that to see the spiritual truths you HAD to speak in tongues and do it for several hours.  Another teacher said that I must CONFESS out loud what I am believing for and to say out loud specific scriptures in order to get it. Another teacher said that I must be completely submissive to the ministry or the pastor of the church I went to.

All of these experiences brought me here. What I am most thankful for is that I'm hungry for the truth of the scriptures.  I really hope to continue to learn and grow with you all. :)

gmik

Re: My journey to BT (Lynne)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

Well my journey is probably similar to many here perhaps.

I finally stopped going to church over 15 years ago.  I was always asking questions about the scriptures and searching for truth about them. All I knew was how to use my Strong's and a dictionary along with a Greek and Hebrew lexicon.   I would

All of these experiences brought me here. What I am most thankful for is that I'm hungry for the truth of the scriptures.  I really hope to continue to learn and grow with you all. :)

Thank you for sharing.  Seems to be a common thread here about always asking and searching for truth.  We got in the "charismatic movement", "faith movement", assemblies of God; independent; then quit altogether going "to church".

It seems when you search for truth people label you w/ having "itching ears" and say you can never stay put in one place.

I have been "here" for around 6 years give or take so thats about longer than anyplace else. :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:03:14 PM by gmik »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:43:51 PM »

Hi Lynn,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
I spent many years as a willing captive in Babylon and I came out with quite a bit of resentment. But I finally realized that we really need that time experiencing the darkness of Babylon, so that we can fully appreciate the light when it comes. We also gain an understanding of the church from actually being there that we need to sympathize with those that are there. We gain a lot from all of our experiences good and bad.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:49:49 PM by Kat »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 04:03:13 AM »

Well spoken Kat! ;D

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 08:24:28 AM »

Hey Lynne,

Welcome to the forum.
Glad you have joined us.

Blessings,
Suzie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.