bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first B-T Christmas!  (Read 6058 times)

Duane

My first B-T Christmas!
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:36:45 AM »

This year was our first B-T Christmas--meaning that I read the "Christmas Story" out of the Concordant Literal Version prior to the family opening gifts! 

I only had to change two words when reading:  ---together with Marium (Mary), his espoused wife, who was "parturient"!
I said  "with child".  :-)  Then:  "there was no place for them in the "caravansary"   I said "inn"! 

Other than that--it went pretty smoothly!

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
Re: My first B-T Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »

Am I wrong or is celebrating Christmas not the B-T way?

Furthermore, B-T uses the King James version much more than the CLV.

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »

Hi Fester,

Well the way I look at it is God is bringing each of us to the knowledge of the truth and what to do and when to do it as He chooses. Now it may seem better for us to immediately cast out all worldliness, so as not to have any appearance of unrighteousness, but that is only vainglory to me. We all have been there and done that in the church. Each of us need to do as we are lead by the Spirit and put love first and if that includes sitting down with our family to a Christmas dinner or give a loved one a gift so be it.

I do not think it is of any value for a person to practice (or not pratice) something because they are told they should. We have to come to understanding in our spirit that leads us to do something to the praise of our great God, that is the only time it will be done in righteousness, IMO.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:26:41 PM by Kat »

Gina

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »

Beautiful Kat.

I look at it like this: 

Since Jesus had no problem joining in the celebration of two people who set aside a specific day to be joined together in holy matrimony at the wedding at Cana, why would He have a problem with people setting aside a day of giving gifts and celebrating His joining us?

Personally, I'd rather a celebratore who gets great joy out of giving than a religious keeper of the "law."

Cel-e-brate good times....c'mon!! 

p.s.  Who wants to bet Christ didn't come to the wedding at Cana with a wrapped gift?  ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l reflections of His Spirit of Love.

Mercy triumphing over judgement, ushering in the Righteousness of His Spirit within and among us!  8) ;D

...the Sabbath is made for the Lord....  

Gina

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »

...the Sabbath is made for the Lord....   

Right!

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »

Am I wrong or is celebrating Christmas not the B-T way?

Furthermore, B-T uses the King James version much more than the CLV.

I really like this email reply from Ray on the subject of celebrating Christmas.  IMO, it really shows a mature attitude and understanding when it comes to such matters. 

René

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2855.0.html

Dear mommateeh:

Understand that if there never was a Roman Saturnalia pagan fest in mid-winter, there would not be a Christmas, or an X-mas, or a day of exchanging gifts and kissing under the mistletoe, drinking eggnog and booze, putting eggs [orbs] on evergreen trees, etc., etc., etc. What people do with such days (Easter of also pagan) is up to them. I do not condemn anyone for keeping Christmas or Easter.  Of course your friends and relatives will hate you if you don't partake of these customs.  It's hard to obey Jesus until you begin to see the value in doing so.  I know that people have a good time and enjoy the Christmas Season. They also enjoyed it when it was called the Saturnalie in pagan Rome.  But on the other hand, your are right, people get all spiritually bent out of shape over Christmas, and become much much holier-than-thou because they have a little knowledge. I get Christmas presents. I accept them. I thank the givers, and enjoy the gifts. Didn't Jesus "eat and socialize with SINNERS in their own homes?" Try not to destroy your family over this Season of the year.  Life is not always easy.

God be with you,
Ray

Gina

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 01:56:07 PM »

That's right, Rene.  Thanks for bringing that up. :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »

"This is the work of God: to believe in the one whom He has sent." ...and when you believe...you will know the Royal and Heavenly virtue of obedience OF the Son of the Living God within and among us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJFVY4lPEbA&feature=related

gmik

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 02:58:10 AM »

Rene, you know this pops up on the forum every year!!!  I think you posting Ray is "like apples of silver in a setting of gold".  Thanks!

(apples of gold in a setting of silver????  too late to look it up :D

Duane

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 08:21:36 AM »

Fester--you can celebrate Christmas any way you do or do not want.

What I mean by "B-T Christmas" was reading the Christmas Story from the CLV.  I wanted to share it with you partially to gain a smile about the two words that I had to look up in the dictionary!  Hope you enjoyed it.

I, too, use the KJV, NKJV, NIV more than the CLV.  (like that??)

Now, I'll GTB!  (go to bed)! 

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »

And that will hopefully be the final word on Christmas til next year. :)

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.