bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin Luther  (Read 4914 times)

gmik

Martin Luther
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:49:55 PM »

did anyone catch the PBS special about the Protestant Reformer??

Historically it is exciting, and his own personal journey too...pt 2 is next week but I think part 1 is still being shown...

Pope Leo X was a piece of work- wikipedia him- babylonian central- exactly what Ray teaches to watch out for...

The decadence of Rome was a eye opener for Luther.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Martin Luther
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »

Yeah but check out Luther, he was an evil chap himself.

Why does some of the worst evils in the world have its roots in religion and it's leaders?

Oh right, because it is the synagogue of Satan..

Craig

octoberose

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:53:52 AM »

Apparently he was unbelieveable anti-semetic- not unusual for his time, but when you read his writings he was really hateful. Hitler is said to have read Luther and been influenced by it. I didnt know this until recently- hardly the kind of thing Lutherans will bragg about!

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »

wow....wonder if PBS will bring out all that...

I married a "Lutheran" and so I took the classes and "joined" but sure don't remember learning anything bad about him...hmmm

I remember his quote" I hope the Lord returns tomorrow, but I am going to plant an apple tree today"...not sure of meaning but it always stuck w/ me (more or less)...

jassy

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 03:38:45 PM »

Yeah but check out Luther, he was an evil chap himself.

Why does some of the worst evils in the world have its roots in religion and it's leaders?

Oh right, because it is the synagogue of Satan..

Craig

That was a strange and judgemental thing to say. An all encompassing dismissal of a man and his life's work as evil.

Luther, like all great men in religion, got it wonderfully right and horribly wrong in his 62 years. God engineered both paths.
 Then you dismiss all churches and religions as synagogues of satan. Good grief. God allowed Catholics, Protestantism and Muslims ect. to flourish and grow. And God can bring them down if that is His will.
 How can you credit everything in religion to satan. ?

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »

How can you credit everything in religion to satan. ?

Uh..cause I wanted to :o 

But Pay   a t t e n t i on to all my words.

I said...
Some of the worst evils

And God calls it the synagogue of Satan.
Read
http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

Then you dismiss all churches and religions as synagogues of satan
Yes I stand by my words concerning the religious institutions of man.  I did not say the people were evil, but the institution is.  And your statement of God allowing them to flourish and grow..what is your point?  God allows evil to flourish and grow in the world and yes God will bring it all down.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »

There is but only one allowance :) from God, and that is that you are approved of God to be put in trust with the gospel. LOF 15C

All the drama of the cares of the world and the woes of the fears that choke the promises of Universal Salvation, and the barren grounds of destitute opinions and self defense policies....are  being corrected, perfected and made right with God.

Doesn't matter what we say or think about it. ....Hey...I like the new icons.... 8)

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.