bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: human beings mature at very different speeds... ??  (Read 7139 times)

acomplishedartis

human beings mature at very different speeds... ??
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:53:18 AM »

Why are some childrens more mature than older children's? Why are some adults more mature than youngs and vice versa? Why are some old people more inmature than adults or even youngs?

--Which are your thoughts on it?--

''The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.   Doug L.''

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:45:45 PM by moshe »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: human beings mature at very different speeds... ??
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »

Many Sons and Daughters that we are, of One body, One Christ, One Spirit, One Bride from one humanity first natural then spiritual. 

Within the Temple of God, that you are, where Christ wakening, from death manifesting multiple degrees of maturity in manifold layers of obscurity ~  8) #5769 olam! Ref LOF 15C

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 10:14:54 PM »

(Without going too far, I believe that realizing WHOM we really are! is to undergo a very extremely hard situation in life)

I believe so too.

Another passage in the pot from Paul's letter to Timothy:

1Ti 4:12 Let no one be despising (Thayer's Definition 1) to contemn, despise, disdain, think little or nothing of) your youth, but become a model for the believers, in word, in behavior, in love, in faith, in purity."

Timothy's youth apparently was an issue with some he was ministering to.  Yet, I don't see Paul exhorting the people to 'stop despising his youth', but rather exhorting Timothy to stop their 'despising' by exhibiting maturity.  It's hard to do those things to become a model for the believers.  Maybe it was their 'despising' that pressed Timothy on to that point. 

I reckon if they didn't stop despising after that, they were despising the wrong things indeed.   ;)

Anyways, there are young men and old men in the Kingdom.  I think they help each other more correctly define what 'maturity' is.  A little child can lead you, if you have eyes to see and ears to hear.  Where is the 'maturity' there? 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 02:54:32 AM »

(Without going too far, I believe that realizing WHOM we really are! is to undergo a very extremely hard situation in life)

A little child can lead you, if you have eyes to see and ears to hear.  Where is the 'maturity' there? 

Certainly, out of the mouths of babes, comes forth wisdom yet for mature behaviour, I think Ray nails it.

If you want a good definition of maturity: Maturity is a way to act that is more beneficial to yourself and others than a child would act. http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?action=search2

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 03:54:02 AM »

Arcturus, thanks for that definition, today I was thinking about posting it and then I saw that you got it first-good!

It was good to bring the point that there is multiple degrees of maturity and I guess also types, even when whole maturity doesn't  ALWAYS come with age, there is certain things that kids stop doing as they grow, (like stop wetting their pants).

I think that people whom haven't believe in free-will for long and is more aware of this illusion mature faster from people (that really think that they have free-will) and are way beyond their age. Honestly I see people in church as spiritual rebellious child's, you have to be very patient with them. And the pastors, no matter how good bussines man they can be, they are such big annoying rebellious kids! when I see them in action, my mood always changes.

Dave, thanks for your reply, it is appreciated. Maybe, Paul was also making an statement about not judging people wrongly because of their age...

If Marquez is around watching this post, I would like to point out that, in my opinion, he is a good example of becoming wise beyond his years, for what I have seen. (except for the futball fever that he shows sometimes,,, just kidding :)

Anyway, not much people have enjoying these post-conversation but now I am content with the few  feedback. At first I thought nobody would like to talk about the theme or that maybe I didn't put it clear enough..
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:59:12 AM by Moises »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 04:22:54 AM »

Moises....when Jesus first appeared after His Resurrection, He appeared to a woman crying so much that through her tears her blurred sight rendered her to address Jesus as though he was the Gardener! You don't think that the Resurrection to Life and the defeat of Death was less important to God, because the Scripture record shows such a weeping reception of one woman present to the first manifestation of the Resurrection and Victory of Christ. 

Just because you have few replies, and few eyes upon this Topic, it need not be reduced to having poor meaning of being only worthy of a crying woman at a tomb!

All awakenings to the Spirit of God, are of inestimable worth to God, the Father, who is Love and source of love.

The merit in a Topic is not measured by the numbers of contributors or visitors to the discussion.  ;D

Arc

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 05:05:47 AM »

Marquez sent me a pm and he said something that I asked him If could add to my thread:

''Also, I think people assume that younger individuals are less mature because of lack of life experience. But there are certain circumstances that force individuals to grow up rather quickly. I always think that each person should be looked at with fresh eyes and not under the initial assumptions that people can make. Every individual is unique and should be treated as such.''

I just liked the way he putted, with out so many words. As I tent to do the contrary.

Thinking about how kids used to like to be with Jesus, reminds me that real spiritual maturity is not about being serious and using the right symbols of maturity, but being able to sympathize with the less mature brothers as well. I am sure Jesus was like a kid with the kids, but with the supposedly ''mature'' religious people He was not very nice, rather strong and direct.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:03:51 AM by Moises »

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:24 AM »

I agree very much with you. I don't really care about the views or number of comments that I could get for concluding that my theme is worth. There was a time a few years ago when I was popular on the social networks and I used to care about rating and what ''everybody'' was doing, it was all useless and a big waste of time, at the end of the day the ''everybody'' is not really ''anybody'' and you can become an slave when you are trying to please other humans. (all I use now is my email and this forum.)

I feel the same way as what you have stated above....I may not write alot on the forum but it does not matter, I still enjoy the fellowship with all of you.

I highlighted the rest of your post in red because boy, I know your heart  ;D  and that it is merely a fantacy you have....but man I wish to never be part of such a community again.  I think we all feel as though we need to get together or something like that and I do miss sharing things one on one with a group....but Christ has set us free to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.
Anyway,

If I could put this forum community at one physical location... Picture this:

The ''introductions'' section would be the lobby of our house-comunity, and brothers are able to go and come as they please because of their their daily busy activities, BUT then, when the times to talk serious and of reunion come, we coan go to the ''general discussions room'' (just a big room with a tall roof where we like to bring new topics and share our deepest thoughts regarding what brings us all together (God and the scriptures)...) Then since our brains get tyred and we have to do other human doings as well, We have a middle yard where people like to go and seat around and talk ''off-topic'' things.

There is more girls than men's that like to go to the kitchen and chat and share ''new recipes''. Times for inspiration and creativity have a place as well on our community, some have build the ''inspirational art-room'' to share poems, songs and paintings. There is always a feeling of togetherness and the whole place is moving around all the time. However, as in any other systems and communities, things don't run random on it, there is always elders, and brothres that most be servants of the rest to make things work, because since the community is relatively big, and people come in and go out all the time, it is not unusual that certain dangerous people can filter in and bring pollution into the group unity.

And then, I almost forget talking about one of the most important locations, The living room! where we like to go when we feel like talking about very personal stuff, a ''Testimony '' or telling a nice story. 
If  the apostle Paul would come and visit, I wonder, what kind of letter would we receive?

Go with God Moises....I always enjoy reading your posts. ;)

Love
Heidi
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:54:35 AM by Heidi »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »

I used to care about rating and what ''everybody'' was doing, it was all useless and a big waste of time, at the end of the day the ''everybody'' is not really ''anybody''

I felt on that big room with a tall roof surrounded by brothers more knowlegable than me, and receiving silence, and so you think, what are they thinking?

....but it was all oky, I had to wait, because we talk slowly, not rushing things out - and that is good, I bet!)

I just love you my sweet brother Moises.....

Yes, I understand the silence. Silence can be the best answer to anything because it reflects the serene smile of blessing of Father keeping human eyes and opinions off of a Topic He is working through within us.

Like, I can put out a song piece that moves in my Spirit and get no response. It is okay because the responce is so deep, no one gets to come to the surface to say anything or comment. Or, simply, no one gets it! ;D LOL which makes it all the more personal to me from Father who's intimate standard of communication can be uniquely ours. Like He spoke to the Disciples and said...to YOU it is given....pretty neat huh?

It's all good.

I love the "house community" you describe seeing of the Forum. I'd add that the house has LARGE windows through which crowds of guests are allowed to look in and eaves drop on our conversations! 8) LOL even lurkers come by discreetly looking in at our thoughts and exchanges. ;D I know also some very enlightened folks also watch from the silent pews of observation and prayer.

Like Heidi, I love what you say about "at the end of the day, 'everybody' is not really anybody...."

That kind of depths to insight comes at the end of the day. During the day, there is much to distract, splinter, divide, and basically create the impressions of fragmented reality. It is all one...at the end of the day.... ;D 8)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:07:33 AM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »

Hi Moises,

You know I have been thinking about this topic and I guess I feel the difference between being a child and mature is knowledge, to a certain extent. When someone is young they do things because they just don't know better and are ignorant about so much, they usually have a very small simple world and understanding. The sweet innocence of a child is actually quite a delight. But this also makes them a target for scrupulous people, because as a child you are naive and can be easily manipulated. Paul speaks of this.

1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

1Co 14:20  Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.

Their is that sweet innocence trustfulness of a child that is a precious attitude to have towards God, but in this world we must be mature and wise to the ways that lead to death, spiritually speaking.

Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

So I look at being mature in the spirit as being able to see beyond the foolishness of the world and it's religions and no longer getting caught up in all that confusion. Now by His Spirit He is teaching us to be mature/wise and to have a sound mind.

2Tim 1:7  for God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind;

Eph 4:11  And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
v. 12  to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
v. 13  until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
v. 14  so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

Thanks for the topic Moises.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:39:02 PM by Kat »

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »

Anyway, not much people have enjoying these post-conversation but now I am content with the few  feedback. At first I thought nobody would like to talk about the theme or that maybe I didn't put it clear enough..

moises my dear brother.  i bolded your statement shown above to let you know that i am sure many others have read and enjoyed your thread, but have not posted any replies.  i am one of those.  do not be discouraged if not many reply to any thread.  it is all of God.  i love your posts and your maturity in spiritual enlightenment. 

there are, and have been, many young people on this forum (although many of them no longer post regularly).  there are many older people on this forum, and many of us in-between young/old.  no matter of our years, many varying degrees of maturity.  and our Father God loves each and every one of us because we are unique and because we are His kinsmen, of His family.  How wonderful and absolutely cool is that!

love to you moises,
claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »

moises my dear brother.  i bolded your statement shown above to let you know that i am sure many others have read and enjoyed your thread, but have not posted any replies.  i am one of those.  do not be discouraged if not many reply to any thread.  it is all of God.  i love your posts and your maturity in spiritual enlightenment. 

there are, and have been, many young people on this forum (although many of them no longer post regularly).  there are many older people on this forum, and many of us in-between young/old.  no matter of our years, many varying degrees of maturity.  and our Father God loves each and every one of us because we are unique and because we are His kinsmen, of His family.  How wonderful and absolutely cool is that!

love to you moises,
claudia

Ditto! I'm a creeper ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.