bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The No Hell Defense?  (Read 11341 times)

Gina

Re: The No Hell Defense?
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »

Good, Shawn! That is one of my all-time favorite responses.  Wanna know what the other one is?  Glad you asked. hehe  His fireman analogy.  It's really good. 

http://bible-truths.com/email17.htm#fireman
Just to address your fireman analogy.  My point was that your universal salvation message makes NO FIREMEN necessary.  If the fireman knew that GOD was saving everyone anyway, why would they risk everything to do what God had already taken care of?  YOU are saying that everyone will be saved, so why send any firemen?  In other words, why did the apostles (firemen) risk their very lives to spread a gospel when God had already paid for everyone's salvation and they would be saved regardless of whether they were preached to or not (effectively saving everyone in the building anyway)? . . .

Ray replies

My fireman analogy was perfect, it is you who are being stubborn. Have you ever witnessed a burning building in person or on the news where the firemen stood in front of the burning building with their hands folded watching people screaming for help from the windows but doing nothing? Have you ever then seen God supernaturally pull dozens of people from the burning building while the firemen only watched?  I don't think so. And I wouldn't believe you if your said that you did.  That is what firemen DO -- THEY SAVE PEOPLE FROM BURNING BUILDINGS!  Jesus Christ is the "Saviour of the world" (I John 4:14) -- that's what Jesus DOES -- HE SAVES THE SINNERS OF THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

Now then, He has not as of YET saved all sinners in the whole world, but give Him time and HE WILL!! Jesus Christ IS THE FIREMAN, if you will, who saves people!  My analogy was perfect, you just didn't get it.

And once again on your other point: If it IS NECESSARY to send ministers into the world to 'save a few,' by what insane logic does it become 'UN-NECESSARY' to send ministers into the world to "SAVE ALL?"

(emph mine.)

Idn't that great?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 11:34:51 AM »

Jerry, here's another timely email in case you missed it.  Fresh off the presses.   :)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13793.0.html

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Tobias

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 03:50:56 AM »

If Jesus supposedly went to hell to pay for all our sins, why is he still not there?  If after all, just for our own sins, we get an eternity in hell, how can Jesus who pays the price for all of our sins only spend 3 days there? 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 04:57:41 AM »

Ha, Sanity prevails Tobias...good point! ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.