bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trinity vs. "quadrinity"  (Read 5931 times)

Duane

Trinity vs. "quadrinity"
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:49:29 AM »

Those who have studied Ray's material reject the concept of the trinity (see "Is the Trinity an Open or Closed Relationship)
So,
What baffled me was in listening to Ray's lesson on "Has God Ever Worked", Ray said that with "great pain and anguish" came forth WISDOM from WITHIN GOD.
It says: Wisdom was with God when he created all.  Psalm 104:24 (not the exact verse Ray quoted by close)
Now THINK!  JESUS also came from WITHIN GOD.

So WHY don't we create a FORTH member of the Trinity making it a QUADRINITY?
God said that WISDOM was WITH HIM so could we classify wisdom a "person" (like Jesus before coming to earth)?
Get what I am asking?

Kat

Re: Trinity vs. "quadrinity"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »

Hi Duane,

You have me scratching my head on this one. Is this a serious question?  I mean Ray certainly has proven there is no trinity, so how could we move on to a quadrinity  ???

"God's Holy Spirit is His Spirit of Holiness which imparts spiritual knowledge and spiritual character to those who possess it" (http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1594.0.html).

Wisdom I would think is the same, a characteristic of God that He can impart on who He wills to.

Futher more there is not even a duality of two persons in the God-head.  There is only One God, Jesus Christ and His Father are One.

1Co 8:6  yet to us is one God, the Father, of whom are the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are the all things, and we through Him;

Col 1:19  For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,

John 10:30  I and My Father are one.

Well I just decided to review these things a bit for a refresher :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »

Ray will address this indirectly in his new paper. Sorry, you will have to wait.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:49:17 AM »

okay dennis, now i'm really scratching my head, along with kat.

oh that ray.   8)

claudia
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:23:09 AM by cjwood »

Mbongiseni

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »

Simply put : Christ is "the Beginning .... and the End..." the sum total of God's creation , Proverbs 8:“22 The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way,   Before His works of old. 23 I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth. 24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,  When there were no fountains abounding with water. 25 Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills, I was brought forth..."

Duane

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »

Kat--you understand me and my "tongue and cheek" style.
I understand and agree with Ray re: the Non-Trinity
I was saying to the people that believe in the trinity that they may as well  have a (word that I made up) "quadrinity" using the "logic" that:  If "wisdom" came "out of God" and Jesus "came out of God" and Jesus is part of the trinity then why isn't it just as valid to have WISDOM, which ALSO "came out of God" part of the trinity making it a quadrinity?!

If anyone doesn't "get it" from here--then please go on and read something worthwhile!  ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.