bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What one major thing coming out of the 'CHURCH' has taught me  (Read 6457 times)

adiamondintheson

Until I learned, that God intends to save everyone, it always caused me to wonder if I was one who was predestinated, and if not, what was I doing here?  I struggled with how to be saved, how to maintain my salvation, and how to ever KNOW if I were good enough at the end of my life for God to let me into heaven?  By studying more I finally learned that NONE of us can do enough of anything to gain our own salvation... but that God calls each of us in His own time and that we ALL will be saved eventually. Please share your experience and what coming out of the 'church' has taught you.

Gina

Re: What one major thing coming out of the 'CHURCH' has taught me
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »

Great post. 

All I can say in response is, same for me.  Occasionally, I catch myself still trying to save myself -- but I'm slowly starting to see improvement in that area.  I'm also beginning to see how the ego is the beast.  Conquer that, and we conquer the world.  Thank God, we are more than conquerers.  I also understand that humility doesn't mean being a wuss, it simply means doing the right thing; again, the ego wants to go... Awww, do I have to?  lol

Last but certainly not least, I'm beginning to believe with all my heart and mind that God has some majorly wonderful things in store for us all and there's nothing in this world that can possibly come close to the joys we are going to experience.  Nothing.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »

Hi all,

Joining the choir here. The ego has landed. Changing perspective from me to US or even not me, but THEM (all you others). From MY salvation to the salvation of ALL, from my desires to the desires of God and His desires for ALL of us. It is so liberating to not have to be somebody. Knowing that God is in control, having faith in Him and what He is doing. Knowing that it will work out for the best. I couldn't do that before. Well I guess this was many things not one major.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »

The opportunity to become more genuine and experience the Truth about myself, while understanding more the Truth about God.  That's about as 'one thing' as I can narrow it down to.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bigfoot

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »

Before - we were learning the physical aspects of the truth.
Now - we are learning the spiritual.

sarahfromcolorado

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »

One thing that I have learned and that has brought me much peace is that I am not responsible for saving myself or anyone else because God is really in control.

Before I really believed that it is God working in us to will and to do according to his good pleasure (Philippians 2:13) I was afraid often and sometimes felt condemned because "what if I don't have enough faith" and how in the world could I "get more"? Now I can have peace knowing that even if I am not called and chosen now I will "get in" later.

"If you have to have faith without God giving you that faith or do anything without God doing it through you to be saved then the reality is you have to save yourself." But the reality is that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith! Believing that is what brings me encouragment even when it seems like its all going down the crapper.

Also it is helping me to understand how God can be likened to a good father seeing how he isn't going to send me or possibly anyone else to "hell forevers and evers".

rsks

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 09:29:01 PM »

Wow, all of you have stated my 'one thing' in your posts.  I also feel coming out has taught me that church is really just about staying in lock step and not making waves because the minute you try to bring up the truth, you get 'the right foot of fellowship' real quick!!!!

Boy and does that hurt.  People you love so much and want so bad for them to hear the truth as you see how much they hunger for it, and start to listen to it and some start to get it, and then the 'pastor' swoops in to 'save them from your heresy' and gives you the boot.

It kills me not to be able to tell people the truth.

And to make matters even worse, this 'pastor' really did get the truth of salvation for all, as my husband and I worked on him behind the scenes on many occasions, but sadly when one of the upper crust women in the church found out how we believed, she put the heat on him to give us the boot, as she saw how often many of the people in the church came to us to have their questions answered about God and how much they loved us and we loved them. 

That 'pastor' won't speak out for the truth either as he works for Assemblies of God and would loose his church and paycheck.  So sad for everyone concerned.

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:35 AM »

That 'pastor' won't speak out for the truth either as he works for Assemblies of God and would loose his church and paycheck. 

would be good if this 'pastor' might stop to think about all that paul lost by speaking out for the Truth.  paul, as saul, had much clout and influence in the churches/synagogues before he saw the blinding Light, and became known as paul.  he lost his churches and his paychecks (for imprisoning all the jewish believers in Christ).  he lost much, much more from the world's view of things, but gained so much more, by believing, trusting, living, and speaking out for the Truth.

claudia

Gina

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 03:07:35 AM »

I just wanted to add one more thing.  It's kinda funny. 

Ever watch the movie "The Princess Bride" ?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbqv3MwwVd8

One thing B-T (Ray) has shown me is that God is definitely not like that awful prince in that movie.  It's such a relief to know that the True God is so much more exciting than that boring prince; from my perspective, God is very much the Wesley.  And that He wants me (and believe me, He wants me -- just ask my backside lol) that just.... mmm... makes me smile. 

My name, Gina, it just so happens means "Princess."  I just found that out.  :0)

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »

Hi Gina,

I'm sure that you were a lovely "princess" to your parents.

I think the root is Latin and may be Regina and may also mean Queen as in Victoria Regina the Queen of England from 1837 to 1901.

Also noted on the definition the surname Reagan as in Ronald Reagan our President from 1981 to 1989 or Ronald the "King" of America for 8 years.

We have learned that names have meaning. Won't it be interesting to learn what our new names will be in the Kingdom?

Regards, Indiana Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.