bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cities of Israel/Son of Man  (Read 4806 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Cities of Israel/Son of Man
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

Can someone explain Matthew 10:23  "...flee to another city for assuredly I say to you, you will not have gone thru the cities of Israel before the Son of Man come

Is Jesus referring to his resurrection?  and will he be resurrected before his word can be preached in all of Israel? or is he referring to the end time when he returns?  It is my understanding that He was already the Son of Man.

mharrell08

Re: Cities of Israel/Son of Man
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »

Can someone explain Matthew 10:23  "...flee to another city for assuredly I say to you, you will not have gone thru the cities of Israel before the Son of Man come

Is Jesus referring to his resurrection?

Yes. Jesus was giving His disciples instructions in spreading the gospel. He stated that would not have gone thru the cities of Israel until the Son of Man was come...to be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified [Matt 26:2, Luke 24:7].

The title 'Son of Man' speaks of Jesus coming to serve and be a living sacrifice for all people [Matt 20:28, Mark 10:45.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Gina

Re: Cities of Israel/Son of Man
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:12:56 AM »

Is Jesus referring to his resurrection?

Yes. Jesus was giving His disciples instructions in spreading the gospel. He stated that would not have gone thru the cities of Israel until the Son of Man was come...to be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified [Matt 26:2, Luke 24:7].

The title 'Son of Man' speaks of Jesus coming to serve and be a living sacrifice for all people [Matt 20:28, Mark 10:45.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Beautiful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.