bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tim Tebow  (Read 10335 times)

DougE6

Tim Tebow
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:25:24 PM »

I live in Wisconsin, and like 99% of cheeseheads, take football and the Green Bay Packers to heart. But I also am rooting for Denver, because of Tim Tebow. I hope they beat the Patriots today.

Anyway, here is an interesting article on Tebow by a sports columnist..

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

mharrell08

Re: Tim Tebow
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »

Oh no, not here too...

GaryK

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »

I live in Wisconsin, and like 99% of cheeseheads, take football and the Green Bay Packers to heart. But I also am rooting for Denver, because of Tim Tebow. I hope they beat the Patriots today.

Anyway, here is an interesting article on Tebow by a sports columnist..

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

Tebow is out-classed.

No chance against General Brady.

DougE6

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »

gk, Aaron Rogers vs Tebow...that is what I hope to see...

GaryK

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »

Who can know?

I call Aaron and Tom in the final, final.  Both are generals and both can get psychological and raw when it’s needed, and that makes for a ballgame.   Tom just has more finesse than Aaron………hmmmmmm….maybe.    Speaking of raw, Hawk and Matthews may slap the finesse right out of General Brady.

This is going to get good before it gets good.

But hey, I’m a Florida boy what can I know?....my teams are still trying to figure out why they’re playing with a ball that has two pointed ends.

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 03:04:27 AM »

I don't think much of Christian do-gooders like Tebow.

The thing is, we know that they don't know that they don't know any better until God decides they will. More than a few of us here were Christian do-gooders at one time. God bless'em all.

The Saints and Denver are done for the year. Come on Houston! Gotta pull for the under dog. The Father has caused me to do so.  :)
Stacey

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »

No football here. Soccar yes.... Kaiser Chiefs, Orlando Pirates and Bush Bucks...not all at once though! LOL  ;D and no pointy balls. Those kind are for Rugby.... ;D

GaryK

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »

Well, it looks like God is firing Tebow as His quarterback. 

Yea, God will now be interviewing experts for 'damage control'.    :o <<<<<(now that's a cool smiley)

DougE6

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 12:39:13 PM »

I like Tim Tebow.  Some say he makes his show of faith for the praise of men. I don't think that is his motive at all. If he was my friend I would be proud to call him my friend. If one takes the time to look beyond the headlines, and read the articles, he is an amazing person. And he has never once answered his detractors, which are many. Like everything,  it all depends on the eye of the beholder. I prefer to think the best of him. Time will prove what we all made of, inside. Our actions will show whether each of us are salt on this earth or just a clanging gong or cymbal.

And back on topic...GO PACKERS!!!!  May they be the club in Gods hands to crush the Patriots for annihilating Tebows team... (that was said TOTALLY tongue in cheek) ;D ;D ;D ;D

gmik

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »

I like Tim Tebow.  Some say he makes his show of faith for the praise of men. I don't think that is his motive at all. If he was my friend I would be proud to call him my friend. If one takes the time to look beyond the headlines, and read the articles, he is an amazing person. And he has never once answered his detractors, which are many. Like everything,  it all depends on the eye of the beholder. I prefer to think the best of him. Time will prove what we all made of, inside. Our actions will show whether each of us are salt on this earth or just a clanging gong or cymbal.

And back on topic...GO PACKERS!!!!  May they be the club in Gods hands to crush the Patriots for annihilating Tebows team... (that was said TOTALLY tongue in cheek) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Right on!!!  I like Tebow and have never ONCE thought of him as a "do-gooder"--which by the way is better than a "do-badder".  He is def. not hiding his light under a barrel....I think he gets a lot of bad publicity simply because his mom went out on the "church circuit" speaking out against abortion...now that gets the elite media huffy!

Anyway, now that he is out of the playoffs I gotta pull for the Niners (cause Harbaugh is a Michigan man) and 2nd place would be GreenBay!

Samson

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 05:08:49 PM »

Well, it looks like God is firing Tebow as His quarterback.  The current score is 42 to 10, and there is still the 4th quarter to go.  The game is boring now.

I don't think much of Christian do-gooders like Tebow.  They make sure everybody knows their good works, just ask them.  Jesus said to do your good works in secret so that only the Father knows.  But since when do Christians follow what Jesus says?

I agree ! Tebow seems like a decent Guy, but their twisting that Scripture that says: " Let your light shine, so all Men will see or view your good works." Winning Football games for a particular Team has nothing to do with one's spiritual good works, which only God gets the real credit for, when He does a work in You. Also, don't blow a Trumpet and don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. They receive their reward from Men, because they want to be viewed by Man. Also, Tebow grew up in fear of Eternal Hell and didn't want to end up there. Read the most recent issue of Time Magazine, there's an article about His upbringing in relation to His current faith.

Doug, I don't really know His motive, either way, He may be sincere in His desire to please God, but you might want to check out that Time Magazine Issue, it seemed objective, not taking either side as to His Public display of prayer and the spreading of His version of "Christianity."

Carry On, Samson.

GaryK

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 09:40:47 PM »

Who can know?

I call Aaron and Tom in the final, final.  Both are generals and both can get psychological and raw when it’s needed, and that makes for a ballgame.   Tom just has more finesse than Aaron………hmmmmmm….maybe.    Speaking of raw, Hawk and Matthews may slap the finesse right out of General Brady.

This is going to get good before it gets good.

But hey, I’m a Florida boy what can I know?....my teams are still trying to figure out why they’re playing with a ball that has two pointed ends.

I call Aaron ...er, ELI and Tom in the final, final.

The pack had to pack.   Who woulda guessed.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:47:49 PM by gk »

DougE6

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »

Apparently God wanted to take down Green Bay, or maybe more aptly, or more certainly both, apparently God wanted to give the victory to another...different than I wanted LOL...He has done this before in other areas ...oh well, who am I to contest with the Almighty?  I suppose if I knew the thousands of interactions just in the minds and hearts of players and their families, and then the fans, and then the world, and countries and dreams and sorrows and pains and plans of 7 billion people...

OK I give up. I accept the loss. Praise God, Green Bay Lost. His plan is this area was revealed. And every plan of God is correct.

Stacey

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 03:23:00 AM »

OK I give up. I accept the loss.

You are a better man than me Doug.

What God did to us Saint's fans is gonna take a while for me to accept. The toying with the win and the snatching away of it in the last seconds was down right...love? I don't know for sure but it just might take the lake to get rid of the anger. It's His fault! ITS ALL HIS FAULT!

Yeah I know God doesn't have a fault and I could  have used a different word maybe but I have a small vocabulary and a lazy typing finger for search work along with the anger that is clouding my thinker.

Onward Giants, all the way!
Stacey

DougE6

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 04:01:26 AM »

Stacey, I feel your pain. I watched your game, of course.  That was some heartbreak for Saints fans. And of course, up here in the North, where the Packers almost went undefeated, and then they played like that, very hard to watch and believe it was happening. Lot of stunned people.  So I admit, when I say I accept it, I do, but when I see the headlines, it hurts....

But what do Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, and Tim Tebow all have in common? Almost demigod status by their fans. Funny they all went down.

I am NOT venturing to put any divine reasons out there, why any result happened...No,  I just think God has much greater agendas in mind, as behind the scenes, than we do, and I am convinced He produced the outcomes that were the most coherent with His plans, and only He knows the plan and all the hearts and minds involved in these contests. Like everything else, in life, that He orchestrates. Its funny, all the vitriol I read in the paper from both atheists all the way to the religious;  screaming about Tim Tebows fans, when they mockingly say God couldn't possibly care about a football game, or have anything to so with the result. They say what about crime, wars, starvation, blah blah (I say blah blah not to belittle those admittedly greater issues but to express that I get so sick of the self righteousness criticism of God from the unrighteousness) but the truth is God cares very much about everything that takes place, and does steer it all, including these football games,  in a most hidden from our sight but very effective way. So be it. My beloved Packers went down, and frankly, in an embarrasing way. Maybe that caused some work in some hearts that was much more necessary than the temporal joy of the win, the win we both have recently felt, in two recent superbowls....

My condolences to you, yet the Saints still didn't stink the place up like the Packers... :-[ :( >:(
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:17:03 AM by DougE6 »

Kat

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 10:52:01 AM »

Hey I'm shaking the dust off my feet from that dismal defeat of the Saints. I'm already looking ahead to next year. The 2013 Superbowl will be in New Orleans and it would be the first time a home team will be at the Superbowl. So I cheering for next year, Saints all the way  ;D

Kat

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 04:35:15 AM »

Hey I'm shaking the dust off my feet from that dismal defeat of the Saints. I'm already looking ahead to next year. The 2013 Superbowl will be in New Orleans and it would be the first time a home team will be at the Superbowl. So I cheering for next year, Saints all the way  ;D

Kat

i'm with you kat!   :) :)

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 04:49:50 AM »

Onward Giants, onward Saints...?....whoever you are!... LOL...... ;D..whistles and bandannas! ;D 8)

Go Kaiser Chiefs, go Orlando Pirates...we're continents apart, yet we LOVE THE SAME GAME! ;D

Great fun to feel the enthusiasm and excitement and not know nor have a clue what colors Saints or Giants wear. Oh, we've got Blue Bulls here too! ;D and Lions....ha...all the same game, same fun, same sport, same JOY. 8) ;D

Stacey

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »

Hey Arc, the Saints are mostly black and gold. The Giants are red white and blue. The Packers are green and yellow and their fans are called cheese heads. They even wear big styrofoam pieces of cheese on their heads, lol!  :D As Doug pointed out already, the Packers did stink up their home field the other night.  ;D

but the truth is God cares very much about everything that takes place, and does steer it all, including these football games,  in a most hidden from our sight but very effective way

Amen Doug. On the topic of Tebow, his is a good story to me too.

Kat, I forgot about the 2013 Super Bowl being in New Orleans. That would make for a bigger better win by a long shot for the Saints. Hope it turns out that way. 

Stacey

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »

Thanks Stacey

If the Saints are mostly black and gold...then I vote the SAINTS...who's flag is red white and blue anyway...ops...now I've done it...I have taken sides.....oh woe is me.......is it the French flag...red white and blue...oh...lol...rofl...what a jam! ;D

Our Kaizer Chiefs are yellow and black...well close enough...but as it happens, I have no favorite...you have to have a favorite though, to enjoy the adrenallin of the game and the blood sweat and tears too! :)....now you have to see me when our son plays Rugby...I can yell like a trooper! LOL ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.