bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camping  (Read 10058 times)

Gina

acomplishedartis

Re: Camping
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:36:52 AM »

ha, ha..

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »

This guy is really funny and not a word of profanity.  I like! :) 

René

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »

About ten years ago I was camped in the woods in a small RV on the Pacific Coast in Canada. I happened to look out the windshield very early in the morning and a very large Brown Bear walked right up to the RV and brushed it as he walked by.

This was the biggest bear I have ever seen. He could have easily ripped opened the RV. I was concerned to say the least.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »

Yipes!....I can see why that Brown bear made an impression. LOL...waling right up to the RV as if he owned it....like...you get out...I'm going to drive now....LOL...yea...brain freeze....LOL...just checking your driving license, to brush past...LOL...too cute in hind sight right~ ;D

Didn't know that you have to watch out for the serial killers in USA. :) Here you have to look out for the Elephants, Rhino and Buffalo....etc, not to mention Lions and others...all good stuff... ;D

Thanks for the laugh Gina! :-*

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 03:44:34 AM »

...... (shouldn't I feel more guilty?)!

Nope  :)...only if YOU r-e-a-l-l-y wana... :D..LOL.... :)...then you will!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Love ya J. :)

Arc

Gina

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 04:44:45 AM »

That guy is hysterical.  Yeah, he's clean!  I like that too, Rene.  There's nothing in  his schtick about politics either.   Bonus!!

Janine, we can never have too much fun with this.  ;-)  You doll! haha!

Turns out it was ME who fell off MY chair laughing, Deb.  I laughed so hard I cried.  No kidding.

Dennis:  That would have scared the living crap out of me!

I also am an in-doors-y person.  Camped in the Shenandoah Valley as a teen, in this huge open field.  It was magical.  What an escape.  I was happiest as we were leaving.  lol

Rene:  I camped at Lake Ana Virginia one year back in 1985 with a bunch of people I worked with in D.C.    Had a blast, but was glad to leave--love, love, love my OWN shower.  lol

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »

Rene:  I camped at Lake Ana Virginia one year back in 1985 with a bunch of people I worked with in D.C.    Had a blast, but was glad to leave--love, love, love my OWN shower.  lol

The closest I've ever come to camping was on an RV road trip out west.  When we were at a campsite, I would look at the "real" campers (those pitching tents and sleeping in sleeping bags) and wonder, "Why would anyone  "volunteer" to live that way?" :P

The RV was "roughing it" to me. :D   Call me a wimp, but I have a fondest for "creature comforts." ;D

René

Gina

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

The closest I've ever come to camping was on an RV road trip out west.  When we were at a campsite, I would look at the "real" campers (those pitching tents and sleeping in sleeping bags) and wonder, "Why would anyone  "volunteer" to live that way?" :P

The RV was "roughing it" to me. :D   Call me a wimp, but I have a fondest for "creature comforts." ;D

René

Well, if I called you a wimp then that'd make me a wimp and I'm not wimp! lol  I'm such a home body.  In case you couldn't tell by all the time I've spent on the forum!  haha

Some of those RVs are like homes!  My dream is to travel in one around the country and just see things and talk to people and feel like I've never left home.  I don't like staying in hotels either.   

First stop:  GRAND CANYON, AZ.  Yeah, baby!  See all those stars like you've never seen stars before.  I hear it's phenomenal out there because there's no light pollution.  Then I want to see the red rock canyon in Utah.  And the sand dunes in New Mexico.  And then it's down to Florida where I'm going to retire with my sister, Judy!  GOD WILLING.  ;-)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »

Oh boy, you've GOTA come to Africa Gina...you've gota come to AFRICA...The Victoria Falls make the ground thunder under your feet and the rain forrest never stops raining the mist thrown up into the air that sketches a rainbow of perpetual light and smiling promise. That's just for starters...BUT....bring the RV.....ROFL....or we'll be hiking LOL ;D

I'm with you guys. I really REALLY appreciate clean sheets, hot and cold water and a nice big bath with bubbles! Ha...love it!

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »

as for the stars...we've got em here too! PLENTY....lol...not in the city though, not through the smog and pollution of the cities....

Guess that's the same for everywhere right!

One of my passions is to see the Grand Canyon too...and to swim with the Dolphins in Hawaii. ....side stepping Hawaii 5 O..( a movie folks...a Police movie about serial killers and Cops...lol.... for those too young to know...lol )

onelovedread

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »

Gina, Gina, Gina
So you'd leave California to retire in Florida!!?? Really?

Gina

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »

Oh yes.  I've never been there but my sister says it's the only place she really wants to live because it's so peaceful there (except for the hurricanes lol)  She found a cute little house in Boca Raton that would be perfect for us.  Well, God willing that's what we'll do.  (I don't like the earthquakes here. There are no warnings!  At least with hurricanes you have some warning.  You know?  And you can high-tail it outta town. lol  With an earthquake, I've thought, well, the only way to escape that would be to teleport myself instantaneously to another location, but that's not possible ... yet.  lol)

Gina

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »

as for the stars...we've got em here too! PLENTY....lol...not in the city though, not through the smog and pollution of the cities....

Guess that's the same for everywhere right!

One of my passions is to see the Grand Canyon too...and to swim with the Dolphins in Hawaii. ....side stepping Hawaii 5 O..( a movie folks...a Police movie about serial killers and Cops...lol.... for those too young to know...lol )

Oh, I remember Hawaii 5-0!  That and the Streets of San Francisco.  Remember that one with Michael Douglas and the other guy--can't remember his name?  Remember Kojak? lol  Remember that lollipop Tele Savalis used to have in his mouth?

Yeah, Deb, I bet I would love South Africa.  I would love to see all those stars.  My sister Patty visited Johannesburg about 5 years ago and just loved it.  I've got this awful fear of flying though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EjAJM7SmU
Except for a few minor changes...  hehe

Duane

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »

I remember the girls in our young people group slept over night in a farmer's field.
All of a sudden, the stillness of the early morning was shattered by a horrible scream!
A cow wandered over and licked a girls face and she looked up to see this giant cow face staring
down at her --inches away!
She screamed bloody murder!

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:08 PM »

Hi Gina,
My cousin Bruce lives in Boca and I have an open invitation to visit but my wife hates Florida because of the "steam heat" in the summer and the Palmetto bugs that live in town. Some call these bugs cockroaches. Yuk.
So I would have to visit alone if I go.
Indiana bob

Oh yes.  I've never been there but my sister says it's the only place she really wants to live because it's so peaceful there (except for the hurricanes lol)  She found a cute little house in Boca Raton that would be perfect for us.  Well, God willing that's what we'll do.  (I don't like the earthquakes here. There are no warnings!  At least with hurricanes you have some warning.  You know?  And you can high-tail it outta town. lol  With an earthquake, I've thought, well, the only way to escape that would be to teleport myself instantaneously to another location, but that's not possible ... yet.  lol)

Gina

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 12:54:56 AM »

Hey, Bob!

Yeah, my sister lived in Coral Springs for about 3-4 years.  She told me about those Palmetto bugs.  haha .  She said she only had a problem with them when the exterminators came in her home to spray for them and left her with the little "gifts."  lol

Yeah, I've heard all about how it rains fish and frogs and the steaming sauna Florida promises awaits me when (if) I arrive.  haha. 

I left out one very important bit of info when I told you all about retiring there -- this is a total pipe dream of ours.  See, Judy sent me this house listing for this house in Boca Raton and we're like, Yep! That's our house!  That's the house we're retiring in!  haha  Silliest thing you ever heard.  :-D

Who knows what a day will bring, though, and besides, the first obstacle we have to get through is winning the lottery  ;-) since we need the down payment for a home.

I don't know why I told you all that.  lol

Hi Gina,
My cousin Bruce lives in Boca and I have an open invitation to visit but my wife hates Florida because of the "steam heat" in the summer and the Palmetto bugs that live in town. Some call these bugs cockroaches. Yuk.
So I would have to visit alone if I go.
Indiana bob

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:55:42 AM by Gina »

Gina

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 01:56:51 AM »

:) :) You're so fun/funny Gina. It is such a joy to have you back!!

Blessings

Awww!! 

Gina

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:08 AM »

I remember the girls in our young people group slept over night in a farmer's field.
All of a sudden, the stillness of the early morning was shattered by a horrible scream!
A cow wandered over and licked a girls face and she looked up to see this giant cow face staring  down at her --inches away!

"She screamed bloody murder GOT MILK?!"

Ahhhh...there!  That's better.  See?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.