bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the truth always wins  (Read 4718 times)

jerry

the truth always wins
« on: July 15, 2006, 03:33:19 PM »

The last group I belonged to use to like to say how open minded ther were,compared to the splinter group we came out of,I us to think to myself wow this is great! such a loving group then.Then one night I was on thier forum talking to the leader of the group about a christians involvement in war( they were very pro war,I reminded the leader of the group that Jesus said to love your enimies to do good to those that hate you...and so on.to my dismay I got the most hatfilled response to my post,it took a while for my wounds to heal over that,one person to me to get my head out of the sand,another told me what I said sounded like religous tripe,then and another had the gaul to say I bet you would stand by and allow a rapist to rape your daughter,then the mighty leader of the group deleted my post and told me to go back and read for a weak or so.In other words come back when my line of thinking is like his.a true sign of a cult leader.Thats when I started questioning my faith more closley and decided not to meet with them any more.I decided not to drink thier coolaid................Jerry

orion77

Re: the truth always wins
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:20:11 PM »

I hear ya, Jerry.

I think that is why it's important to stay in His word, through humble prayer, which can keep us from getting caught up into the many, many false teachings that are out there.

A good measure to discern these things, is it out of love or not.  The love He has shown to us, in which we are commanded to show towards others, this is the key.  Not many profess love towards their enemies, in the way God has towards us.   ;)

God bless,

Gary

jerry

Re: the truth always wins
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 11:34:44 PM »

amen bro: the apostle John said,there is no frear in love,but perfect love cast out fear,he who fears is not made perfect in love.That was pure fear,fear of being wrong that I was getting from that group,fear makes people do many things,like go  to war and argue over words.Olny a crazy person would argue over the plan words of Jesus and claim to obey him with the same breath,I mean what part of love your enemies is so hard to comprehend.Now on all the teachings out there there are many Ive read ,some pretty weird ideas at that,Pauls simple advice is a real keeper,"in every thing give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus,Do not quench the spirit,Do not despise prophecies,Test all things,hold fast what is good,Abstain from every form of evil.I want to hear what people have to say It adds to my knowedg and Im made better because of it,Im not afraid of other ideas,I want to hear it,but people should not get bitter when someone dissagrees with them.what I get out of what paul is saying is when we silence others we are quenching the spirit,and that comes from fear..................Jerry   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.