bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So many questions !!  (Read 5422 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
So many questions !!
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »

Their wouldn't be a need for so many questions if people would only read the BT website and then read it again and again, believe me the more often that you read it the more one is blessed with knowledge and truth.............Thank you Father for our brother Ray  ;)

onelovedread

Re: So many questions !!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »

That may be true John, but sometimes the questions could be asked to stimulate discussion on parts of Ray's teachings.
But you're so right, everytime I go back to read a paper by Ray, it's like looking at it for the first time as fresh truths appear.

Revilonivek

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »

No offense John,

Seems like you're pointing the finger at me..

It's like telling children not to ask questions, and all the answers is right here in the bible.

Even the apostles still asked Jesus questions after he taught them. asking questions is how we learn best, sometimes something clicks through discussion- in the midst of 2 or three people- Jesus is among them- and people "TALK about things" wisdom always come out.. instead of just reading word for word, sometimes that is not enough.. we have to talk about it.

Denise

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »

I don't see your name on the OP, Denise, and I'm not directing my reply to you.

There certainly would not be a need for so many questions if people would just read the website.  That's axiomatic.

I'm pretty sure there already AREN'T more questions because people HAVE read the website.  I've had far more questions answered poking around ""randomly"" in the emails than I ever got asking at the forum.  If that has happened to me, I'm certain it's happened to many others.

Thankfully, ALL the materials and resources are here, including the forum.  So absolutely use it all.   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:27:39 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Mbongiseni

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 06:29:04 AM »

Its always good to ask. No questions....no answers. Certain truths are best absorbed with questions and answers and, yes, there is no stupid question, I have been led  to believe.

Mbo

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:15:24 AM »

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »

One way that this forum is good and we can take advantage of the members that we have here is to ask if Ray has touched on a certain subject and where the information can be found.  Ray not only has many papers but audio tapes as well as videos.  Sometimes you just don't know where to look for something Ray has taught about.  In addition the search feature for the forum at times leaves something to be desired.  You input a search value and get twenty pages or more back which is quite a bit to go through.  Normally you can ask a question and in a few hours check back in and someone will direct you to some things that Ray has said which addresses the questions that you have.  So sometimes it's not that the questioner hasn't read the website but just doesn't know where to find it.  But, I agree that often folks have very basic questions that you wonder if they are at all familiar with the teachings. 

Kat

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »

In addition the search feature for the forum at times leaves something to be desired.  You input a search value and get twenty pages or more back which is quite a bit to go through.

Yeah that is true, so I use the goggle advanced search when I'm looking for something at this link. I save the link in my favorites, so it is easy to use.
http://www.google.ca/advanced_search

Just a few simple instructions is,  put in the word or a phrase that you want to search on one of the top 2 lines. Then go down to the last line that says 'Search within a site or domain:' and put Bible-truths.com. Then click on the acvanced search botton in the bottom right corner. This will take to all the places that word/phrase is. Sometimes you make need to adjust your wording a bit, but it works pretty good for me.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »

The forum was updated a week or so ago, has anyone tried the search to see if works better?

Craig

Kat

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »

Hi Craig,

I just seached a word on the forum and you know it is much better.

Kat

Samson

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »

Their wouldn't be a need for so many questions if people would only read the BT website and then read it again and again, believe me the more often that you read it the more one is blessed with knowledge and truth.............Thank you Father for our brother Ray  ;)

Hey John,

Do you know How many times your above points have been considered by at least some of the Forum Members, including myself, ten zillion times(not literally, only being facetious). Below, you will notice, if you haven't already, Marques providing that Link about Questions & Answers, that Thread discusses some of this and it wasn't too long ago.

It's one thing to read all the material from Ray's Articles and not understand a particular point He made and to posse a question for Our consideration, but if you don't read the material, at least the majority of it and you proceed to ask a question without making the effort or doing the work, that's a whole different story. Also, if you don't agree or understand a particular concept that you might have stumbled upon in your reading the material, it's not necessary to jump the gun and immediately ask a question or posse disagreement before checking further on your own.

As an example of the above, I will use myself. When I first joined bible Truths in December 2007, I was reading something about God The Father & Jesus Christ from Ray's material and discovered He taught that Jesus was Jehovah and not God The Father, at that point I hadn't read too much on that subject. Instead of jumping the Gun and saying to myself that this was Bologna and immediately asking a Forum question as to how Jehovah could be Jesus, instead I did all the research from the material Ray provided and found a satisfying answer to my shocking discovery. Remember, I had been taught for many years that Jehovah was God The Father(JW teaching), so it was definitely a shocking discovery, to say the least. Furthermore, if the information provided by Ray in my inquiry had been unsatisfactory to Me,I would have proceeded to Email Him or PM a Moderator to find out if they might help Me get an answer from Him.

Now I realize that people are busy with their Lives and may not have had the time to read everything or even 50 %, but that doesn't entitle Members to have others to do their studying for them if that is happening in certain cases.

Questions based on not understanding is one thing, Questions based on not doing the individual studying is another matter entirely.

Carry On, Samson.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.