bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The weddinggarment?  (Read 4899 times)

Ironbutterfly55

The weddinggarment?
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:26:31 AM »

Hello, Everyone!  I'm new here, but have been reading Ray's messages for about 8 years (thanks to my wife showing the bt site to me), being totally "blown away" by them, and have been teaching them to all who will listen.

However I do have a question, ... I had emailed Ray about it, and still wait for his reply... I thought I'd give it a shot here while I wait... however long that may be.

Matt 22:11-14  How is it possible for one of the guests to show up without a wedding garment... how could he get in?  And when he is thrown out, what is outer darkness?

I know these things are spiritually discerned, but that one hasn't caught up with me yet.

Thanks!

Gina

Re: The weddinggarment?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:29:05 AM »

Hi there,

Welcome aboard.  Glad you joined us. 

I'm not sure I can answer your question.  First, what is your question?   ;)   You want to know what the wedding garment is...  The wedding garment we are clothed in is Christ's righteousness.  What is righteousness?  I believe it's belief/obedience to Him/His Word.

Abraham believed (as evidenced by his obedience) God and it was credited to him as righteousness.

James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited
to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. ...

Galatians 3:6 .. In the same way, "Abraham believed God, and God counted
him as righteous because of his faith." ...  (Faith without works (obedience) is dead.)

Romans 4:3 What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:37:25 AM by Gina »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:36:57 AM »

Hi Ironbutterfly,

Welcome to the forum  :)

Matt 22:11-14  How is it possible for one of the guests to show up without a wedding garment... how could he get in?

Mat 22:11  And the king coming in to look over the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
v. 12  And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

It's seems to me that this represents the return of Christ and He will separate the ones with a wedding garment and those without one, like it says He will separate the sheep from the goats.

Mat 25:32  And all nations shall be gathered before Him. And He shall separate them from one another, as a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats.

There is also the parable of the wheat and the tares. The "wheat" being the Elect and the "tares" were not Elect. But from the parable we understand that there will be those that look like wheat, that are not, but the tares were right there with the wheat up until the "harvest."

Mat 13:24  Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
v. 25  But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
v. 26  But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
v. 27  So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
v. 28  He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
v. 29  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
v. 30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So the wheat and fake wheaor tares were together right up to His return. I think Matt. 22 is at the return of Christ and He will immediately separate the man without the wedding garment, which seems to be the same as the tares and the goats and they shall be cast into the LOF. So there will be those that think that by there works they must be an Elect, but this is how Christ will answer them...

Mat 7:21  Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
v. 22  Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
v. 23  And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

And when he is thrown out, what is outer darkness?

There is one place where Ray mentions "outer darkness" just enough to give us an idea, in the article 'Letter to John Hagee.'

http://bible-truths.com/hagee1.htm ---------------

No, "outer darkness" is not in a place called Hell. Those who are not allowed to sit down with Abraham in the Kingdom are cast into the darkness outside.
v
Besides only the "sons of the Kingdom" are weeping and gnashing their teeth - the Jews. They rightfully should have been in the Kingdom, but were disqualified. This condition is not, however, eternal.
---------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 09:31:14 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:51:02 AM »

This is a pretty long parable, as the parables go.

How is it possible for one of the guests to show up without a wedding garment... how could he get in?

I think the answer is in the preceding vss:

Mat 22:8-10  Then saith he to his servants, "The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage."

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

He got in because the servants gathered him in with the rest, the way I read it.

I can't locate any 'quotes' that deal with what 'outer darkness' is specifically using this section of Matthew, except some statements that he was planning to write about it but decided to write the "Hell is a Christian Hoax" paper instead.

It's worth it for me to remember that Judgement (and the Salvation it brings) is for ALL--each in their own turn, and that all the parables are One.  Mat 22:14 (CLV) For many are the called, yet few are the chosen.  I have to 'locate' myself in this parable as the Spirit gives me eyes and ears, though I'm pretty sure where I 'fit'.  Somebody else may be able to explain it better.

Anyways, welcome to the forum. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ironbutterfly55

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »

Thank you all very much for all your answers.  I understand a bit more now.  I pray that God bless the forum and all who work with Ray... and for his complete healing! indeed!

Gina

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13866.0.html

In case anyone missed it, Ironbutterfly55's wife, Cica, wrote in and asked Ray about the Wedding Garment and here is that email exchange: 

Greetings in the awesome name of our living Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus!
I and my husband, Ironbutterfly, pray for healing and health for you!  I am letting
you know that I have your messages linked on .................. I don't know if you
remember giving me permission to use your messages, as it was several
years ago.  I don't use them literally, but post the links.

Ironbutterfly would like to ask you to please expound, as only you can, on the
man who showed up without a wedding garment... and was tossed out...  How
could he have shown up without a garment.... where would he have gotten it
from... Matt 22:11-12.

Any help you can share with us would be so much appreciated.
We continually pray for complete healing for you.
Thanks!

Dear Cica:

God likens ours clothing to our "righteousness" or lack thereof (See Job 19:14 Psalm 132:9,  Isaiah 61:10. If one does not live righteously, God considers him to be spiritually "naked" (Rev. 16:14--"Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watches and keeps HIS GARMENTS, lest he walk NAKED, and they see his shame."

There were appropriate clothing to be worn at weddings in most cultures, and certainly this was true in Israel.  So Jesus uses this analogy of not being allowed into a literal wedding for not being properly dressed for the occasion, to those who are not SPIRITUALLY DRESSED in righteousness when Jesus comes to marry His
Bride.

Hope this helps your understanding.

God be with you,

Ray

thetruth

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »

Hello,I would like to share my thoughts on this subject.

Mat 22:12 And he is saying to him, 'Comrade, how did you enter here having no wedding apparel?' Yet he was still."
Mat 22:13 Then the king said to the servants, 'Binding his feet and hands, cast him out into outer darkness.' There shall be lamentation and gnashing of teeth."

I see this being Satan Himself,How can He be Satan Friend?Remember..... and God said this is Good...for the purpose God created it in Genesis.And we have learned That Satan does play a role in our Salvation.Also Satan is before Gods throne as the accuser of the breathern.

I also see this scripture in Rev-20-2-3

He laid hold of the dragon,that serpent of old,who is the Devil and Satan.and BOUND him for a thousand years.
Just some thoughts thats all?

Gina

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »

Yes, I can see how someone could reach that conclusion, but a statement of fact isn't a statement of limitation. 

This is how I understand it:  No one is righteous, not one (Rom 3:10).  Everyone will, at some point, be cast into outer darkness (cast out of Eden, if you will).  Everyone will have their "part" in the Lake of Fire; everyone will have to pass through that flaming sword (the Word/Lake of Fire).  After which, everyone will be granted entrance to eat of the Tree of Life /saved/made healthy, in their own order, or at their appointed time.

thetruth

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 07:00:17 PM »

Hello Gina,
I agree with the progression of all to exsperience this!I see it in the verses leading up to 11-13.

v-7-burned up their city=Lake of fire
v-8-=the called
v-9-Invite the called to see if their chosen
v-10-the great white throne judgement.

Gina

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:57 AM »

Cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.