bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Jesus mentioned HELL 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5 times as much as HEAVEN"?  (Read 5632 times)

Duane

XXXXX--IF I recall correctly, you were the one who informed me that: " Jesus spoke more about hell than He did about heaven". (If you are NOT the one --tell me) I said "I'LL see!
Well, I did--using the KJV, NJKV, NIV, and Concordant Literal Version. Here is what I found in MATTHEW (that's as far as I got in 9 days.)

Categories:

heaven/kingdom of heaven(s)                             73
hell                                                                  3     (one referred to literal- (grave)
lake of fire                                                         0
Gehenna (commonly locally known)                         7      (burned 365 days --24/7)
"the judgment" (Not hell-- but L o F)                       6      (christian /non C. will be there)
"outer darkness" (not hell--fire produces light)           7

Note: even if ALL were "hell" 28 vs. 73! "any 6th grader could see!"   In truth Heaven 73 --hell 3 times.

HELL SHOULD HAVE BEEN MENTIONED 7 times when it went "missing in action".
WHAT do I mean?  Matthew 5:34-35  condensed   "don't swear by heaven, earth, Jerusalem, or your head!"
If even your head is mentioned, WHY would God's (8th day creation) HELL, so important to so many, NOT be listed??

Now I got to get on to the other books and keep counting! ;-)
Respectfully,
Duane was told this by a friend on facebook in a discussion.  He said "even a 6th grader knows this"! I said "I'll see!"
Here is my study of Matthew:

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: "Jesus mentioned HELL 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5 times as much as HEAVEN"?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:01:36 AM »

This post is very confusing.
Need some clarification on who is talking to who.
Maybe some background...just a thought

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Kat

Re: "Jesus mentioned HELL 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5 times as much as HEAVEN"?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »

Hi Duane,

I know that your study is on going and that you are gaining a lot from your Scripture study, so keep on documenting that proof for yourself. But here is one place where Ray mentioned how many times he found the word 'hell' in his studies.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-A.html -----------------------------------

WHAT IS "HELL" TRANSLATED FROM?

I think most of my readers realize that Jesus did not speak Archaic King James English. And most also realize that the King James Bible is not the one that the Apostles used. There were no "bibles" during Christ’s ministry; there were only the Hebrew Scriptures, and a popular Greek translation of those Hebrew Scriptures called the Septuagint. What we call the New Testament was not even written until near the end of the first century, and was not put into book form untill much later, and was not printed until many centuries later.

The word "hell" is an Old English word that was used to translate several words found in the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts. What words? And why did they choose to use the Old English word "hell" as a translation? We shall see that it had absolutely nothing to do with scholarship, but everything to do with forcing pagan religion into the teachings of Jesus Christ. You don’t have to take my word for it; you will be able to judge for yourself as we go through it.

Here are the words for which "hell" was inserted as a "translation" into English:

The Hebrew word sheol (31 times)

The Greek word gehenna (12 times)

The Greek word hades (10 times)

The Greek word tartarus (1 time)

That’s it.

Every time the word "hell" is found in the King James Bible it is translated from one of these four words. We find the word "hell" 31 times in the KJV Old Testament and 23 times in the KJV New Testament for a total of 54 times. Later we will look at all 54 verses containing the word "hell," plus the 31 times that sheol is translated as "grave."

ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT POINTS OF THIS WHOLE SERIES

Listen to what I am about to say very very carefully: If the word "hell" is the most accurate and correct English word available to translate, the Hebrew word sheol, and the Greek words gehenna, hades, and tartartus, then these four words must all have the same meaning. But in reality only two of these four words have the same meaning.

The Hebrew word sheol and the Greek word hades are synonymous in meaning.

And here is the proof from the Scriptures and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that the Hebrew sheol and the Greek hades are identical in meaning:

Acts 2:27: "Because You will not leave My soul in hell [Gk: hades], neither will You suffer your Holy One to see corruption" is quoted from:

Psalm 16:10: "For You will not leave My soul in hell [Heb: sheol]; neither will You suffer your Holy One to see corruption."

And so the inspiration of the Spirit of God proves that the Greek word hades is the right and proper translation of the Hebrew word sheol.

Whatever "hades" means, "sheol" means the same, and whatever "sheol" means, "hades" also means the same.

We know for a fact that the Hebrew word sheol is translated "hell" 31 times in the KJV of the Bible. But… BUT, we also know for a fact that the same Hebrew word sheol is translated "grave" 31 times in the KJV Bible.

Why is this? Why should this be? Why is there a 50/50 split on the translation of this word? Ask any theologian or your pastor if the words "grave" and "hell" mean the very same thing in the Bible, and see what they will say. They will tell you, NO, that they are NOT the same, that they are very much different. Then I have a childish question for them all: "Why, oh, why then are both "hell" and "grave" translations of the very same Hebrew word, "sheol"? Which should it be?

And let me frankly state that neither will their "context, context, context" theory solve this dilemma for them. It will take wholesale lying and deception to extricate them out of this theological box---or maybe I should say, "can of worms." Not only is there absolutely no justifiable reason to translate sheol 31 times as "hell," but there is no justifiable reason to translate this word as hell, not even once!

As we go through the 31 Scriptures in which the KJV uses the word "grave," it will become abundantly clear that "grave" is the proper translation. But when we come to the 31 times that KJV uses the word "hell" to translate this same Hebrew word, it will also become abundantly clear that word, "GRAVE" should have been used in all of those 31 verses as well. Yes, the "context" will show that "grave" or its literal meaning of "the UNSEEN" can be consistently used in all 62 verses without jeopardizing or violating the context.

While it is true that a number of verses use sheol—the unseen, the grave, in a poetic or figurative sense, absolutely nowhere is sheol used to represent a place of life, consciousness, fire, or torture—nowhere, absolutely nowhere.

About once a year I find something useful in a Bible Dictionary. Well here’s one of them. After discussing numerous problems with translating sheol as both "grave" and "hell," my Wycliffe Bible Dictionary says on page 1573:

"Sheol is much used in poetry and often parallels ‘death’ or the ‘grave.’ A uniform translation ‘grave’ would solve several problems of interpretation."

Those "several problems," however, are not to be thought of as minor. They are in reality, the most major problems in all theology.

Recently I pointed out to one of my detractors, numerous contradictions between what he said and what the Scriptures say. He retorted: "They don’t contradict; they COMPLEMENT." Translating sheol 31 times "grave" and 31 times "hell" is not a contradiction to theologians; it is a complement. How can one even talk with people like that? How? You DON’T! Admitting to this contradiction would destroy their damnable doctrine of eternal torture, and I don’t believe the powers that be in today’s Church will allow that to ever happen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.