bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request (I have to move)  (Read 12460 times)

Gina

Prayer Request (I have to move)
« on: January 29, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »

This is a good thing, right?  lol

Aaaahh.  I feel my B.P. on the rise. 

I just received a letter from my apartment manager informing me that my rent for this 1 bedroom I have (which I absolutely adore) is being increased from $1210 a month to $1430 a month.  I'm trying not to freak out.  I could sign another year long lease and pay "only" $1280 a month, but I don't want to be locked into another year lease.  If something were to happen to my job, whatever, I'd be up a creek.

Okay, no more ranting.

March 29, 2012 is my deadline to move.  This is what I want, and I'm not asking much:  I want my own 1-bedroom apartment, must be clean (no bugs), close to my work (10-20 min drive), with a private balcony with a little view, and cool neighbors for under $1100 a month.

Start prayin.  Lol

gmik

Re: Prayer Request (I have to move)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »

wow...those must be California prices for sure...midwest prices aren't so high.

Anyway, will of course keep you in prayer for this.  Something just what you want is out there w/ your name on it! ;)

onelovedread

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »

I'm praying for you to get that dream house. I'll make that my birthday wish as it falls close to your deadline date:>) I've got your back

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »

Yea.. cali prices are insane. It's why a kid like me doesn't have a chance in hell of moving out from his parents till hes done with school and has a respectable job (Masters degree+) if you wanna live in cali comfortably. Ill say a pray for you gina! It is so expensive out here.. I know the feeling, I too, once, thought of moving out... hah, I think ill just milk this cow as long as I can xD
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

Yea.. cali prices are insane. It's why a kid like me doesn't have a chance in hell of moving out from his parents till hes done with school and has a respectable job (Masters degree+) if you wanna live in cali comfortably. Ill say a pray for you gina! It is so expensive out here.. I know the feeling, I too, once, thought of moving out... hah, I think ill just milk this cow as long as I can xD

haha.  Seriously, Alex.  There are so many young people out there in your same situation -- it makes my blood boil.  My place is owned by a billionaire, too, so it's not like they have to raise my rent.  If anything, they should be lowering it.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your prayers, even the ones who don't respond--not necessary.  I know you're all praying for me. Thank you so much.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »

Thanks, Janine. :)

Duane

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:53:19 AM »

Gina--the rent on our little house is less than $350.00 a month and our landlady was so scared she was shaking because she didn't want to upset us by having to ask that the rent be raised $10.00 a month!  To raise the rent by $200.00 is insane!!
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a house via 20-30 year mortgage? 
Anyway, I feel bad for you that you might have to move! :-(

Stacey

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »

Duane, the heck with a 30 year mortgage, I wanna live where you live! maybe. 350 a month? There's dirt cheap and then below that, way below that would be your rent! I was thinking heck, 800 dollars rent will get you a nice 3 bed 2 bath brick home with double car garage on a .25 acre lot in a respectable location here in south Alabama but I think the price you are paying tops that. 

Gina I hope you not only get what your asking for but even more better!  :)
Stacey

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 03:47:43 AM »

from your heart and finger tips to God's ear gina.  amen.

claudia

Gina

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 03:56:34 AM »

Thanks Duane, Stacey and Claudia!  I really appreciate it.  I'm just starting out, but there are many options so far.  Even the chef at my daughter's restaurant says, "Come see me in a month... I'll have something for you for around $1,000."  I'm like, Okay! lol

SDDiver

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »

Will pray. Your deadline is on my birthday.

My wife and I live in the San Diego area and rents are insane here compared to much of the country.

Where in CA do you all live? Gina, Alex, et al? I've been trying (through the forum) to find a group of like-minded believers in SoCal for the past couple years and have not been successful. I know we are far and few between but not that far and that few.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »

It's all about the cost of living. You can get a new 3 bedroom ranch in the Mobile, AL area for around $150k and a reasonable apartment for $500.00 a month.

But lots of people here make minimum wage.

Samson

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »

This is a good thing, right?  lol

Aaaahh.  I feel my B.P. on the rise. 

I just received a letter from my apartment manager informing me that my rent for this 1 bedroom I have (which I absolutely adore) is being increased from $1210 a month to $1430 a month.  I'm trying not to freak out.  I could sign another year long lease and pay "only" $1280 a month, but I don't want to be locked into another year lease.  If something were to happen to my job, whatever, I'd be up a creek.

Okay, no more ranting.

March 29, 2012 is my deadline to move.  This is what I want, and I'm not asking much:  I want my own 1-bedroom apartment, must be clean (no bugs), close to my work (10-20 min drive), with a private balcony with a little view, and cool neighbors for under $1100 a month.

Start prayin.  Lol

Gina, My Prayers go out in Your behalf. Moving is listed as one of the Top Ten Stressors. Marital Separation, Death of a close loved one, Divorce, Marriage, Job Change, Major Financial Problems.

No wonder Lawyers & Psychiatrists have plenty of business.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Gina

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »

oooo I rambled. 

Hi, SDDiver!  I'm currently in the City of Tustin, in Orange County, about 10 minutes from John Wayne Airport.  Alex lives in Fountain Valley about 15 minutes from me.  I've never met Alex, but I'd like to meet him.  Tried to about 2 years ago, but something came up.

Yes, Dennis, It's all about the cost of living.  It's the way it is. 

Yes, Samson, I've read and would agree that moving can be a major stressor, but some if not most of that depends on how much crap you own and therefore must move. 

lol 

I'm so fortunate to live in this Mediterranean climate!  My friend Gail and I talk about that all the time--you never hear anyone remarking on that.  But what a blessing to me to be here!  Right near the Pacific Ocean! 

Certainly there are much more beautiful places to live, but when you come from Maryland and have to contend with the winters there and the icy roads and hour-and-a-half commutes from Maryland to D.C.,  I'm absolutely blown away that God would have put me here!

As a young girl, I would dream of taking walks by myself among the orange groves in the early morning as the sun was rising.  Ahhhh--so peaceful.  And there aren't too many orange groves around here anymore, but there is an orange grove right down the street from me owned by a really nice elderly man who picks oranges, and sets them outside his grove on a stand, and you walk up and take a bag of fresh-picked oranges and leave 2 bucks.  He doesn't wait there to take your money or see if you've paid or anything.  It's all on the honor system.  It's so dreamy.

God has blessed me so much, Samson.  He will send me good movers to move me as well. :)

Thank you all so much for your attention to my prayer request!  I will keep you posted!  Things are really looking good though, I can tell you that for starters.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 11:27:22 AM »

Wow.. I could pay 2x house payments for less here hehe.

Anyway, I'm praying for ya Gina.

Gina

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »

Thanks, Shawn! 

Yep!  It's expensive to live in pseudo-Italy/France.   I have no right to complain.  There are so many others who don't have near what I have.  Besides, God has given me options.  My cup truly runneth over between B-T and you all, and in comparison to where I was 10-15-20 years ago with my job and my bosses and finances.  This might sound silly, but it's a little like Job--where Satan took so much, but then God turned around and blessed him twice as much in the end.  I'm so blessed.

Duane

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 03:58:08 AM »

Gina --How are the OTHER RENTERS taking the $200.00 a month increase??  There must be quite a bit of talk from unhappy tenants!  Or there will be a LOT of empty apartments.  The increase in rent sounds unbelievably excessive!!
Have you talked to the landlord about possibly reconsidering the excessive amount??
Just thinking--

Gina

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 06:47:29 AM »

Gina --How are the OTHER RENTERS taking the $200.00 a month increase??  There must be quite a bit of talk from unhappy tenants!  Or there will be a LOT of empty apartments.  The increase in rent sounds unbelievably excessive!!
Have you talked to the landlord about possibly reconsidering the excessive amount??
Just thinking--

Yes, Duane.  I have talked to the management.  They know what they're doing, and it's this:  They're trying to trap me into either signing another year's lease, or they're going to collect the money that they "lost" when they gave me the "deal" of $1210 a month instead of the $1310 a month.  It's as simple as that.  I'm not worried.  I like this place a lot, but I've got other options.  I'm hoping that the stand-alone studio that's going for $850 a month (and is only 50 sq.ft. less than this place with a backyard! Yay!  I can plant vegies!) and only about 20 minutes from work will be mine soon enough.  God's will, not mine.

Gina

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 12:51:49 AM »

You guys have to listen to this.  God is so good.  Everything I asked for you to pray for me, I've been given.  See?  I told you I wasn't asking much.

First, though, that $850 studio turns out to be rather dumpy.  So, here's the place God gave me instead:

Prayer:  Cost of rent under $1,100/mo. 
Answer:  $1,000/mo.  SCORE!

Prayer:    Cool neighbors. 
Answer:   VERY cool neighbors!  In fact, the manager was praising me up and down on my credit score rating (Glory to God) and saying things like, Your credit is amazing!   I look forward to having you as my neighbor!   She was just genuinely kind to me!  (I pray I am a good neighbor.  I try to be.  My neighbors here like me.)  SCORE!

Prayer:    An apt with a view. 
Answer:  I believe I'll have a view of Santa Ana Heights/Lemon Heights and/or the mountains from my bedroom window.  I won't know until I see the apt.  SCORE-in-the-making!

Prayer:  Clean apt. w/ no bugs. 
Answer:  No bugs!  They have a professional exterminator out once a month.  SCORE!

Prayer:  Seldom will they raise the rent
Answer:  The manager (who happens to be employed by one of the partners at my work) said that she's been there five years and she's only seen one rent increase.  (She's Mormon, and while Mormons don't believe as we do entirely, one thing I've noticed about them is, they never consciously take advantage of people or purposefully lie to get gain.)  SCORE!

Prayer:  A 10-20 minute drive to my work.
Answer:  It's about a mile closer to my work!  SCORE!

Prayer:  Private balcony
Answer:  Shared balcony, but I get my own one-car garage!  SCORE!

God bless the partner at my work who owns this place.  When I sent around an office-wide email asking for leads for an apt., he sent my info onto the manager.  He's the only one who responded.  This is a Godsend.

God bless you and thank you all so much!

Gina

Duane

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 02:50:46 AM »

May God get the glory!  You deserve it!!  I know your spirits are lifted and I am happyyyyyyyyyyy! 
The prayers of our B-T family came through!  Now "B-T" can also mean "Better-Tomorrow"!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.