bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unleavned bread at the lords supper?  (Read 3978 times)

jerry

unleavned bread at the lords supper?
« on: July 16, 2006, 05:03:26 PM »

I use to keep the days of unleavened bread,but dont any longer,but a year or two before God showed me differant I did a serch of the word that was used for the bread that Jesus broke during the lords super and in the strongs it use the word for leaven or showbread,loaf,not the word for unleavened when I ask  a few in the church about it that they said it was traditional to use unleaven bread,but was'nt Jesus pitured as the show bread that was mentioned in the law,so I ask if the word for leavened bread was used why does the whole church use unleavened bread.I thought this might be interesting since most people have taken comunion in one way or another. but maybe I missed somthing .the word jesus used(Jesus took bread and broke it and said,take this is my body that is broken for you) for bread was 740 artos the word for unleaved is 4682, I wonderd since he was that show bread or one of the two loafs of it does'nt that picture his body,I know this is a deep subject for the beginner but thought someone might have some information...................Jerry

Chris R

Re: unleavned bread at the lords supper?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:22:41 PM »

Jerry,

This subject is also covered on the website "Exposing those who contradict"

www.bibletruths.com

Please read the entire website for these answers, if then something is un-clear perhaps one of our members can help you.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.   Rom 2:28-29

Thankyou

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.