bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing a thought  (Read 18529 times)

mavis92379

Sharing a thought
« on: January 30, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »

I was wondering if anyone ever contemplated the thoughts of Jesus miracles as to exactly what happened when he performed a miracle. Take for instance healing a sick person. If we break down scientifically why a person has leprosy you can come up with reason in the persons anatomy that are lacking. Now when Jesus would heel a leper what exactly did he do to these people ? Did he drive out an evil spirit that was the reason for a person being ill ? Could Jesus explain to Albert Einsten the scientific explanation on how giving life or healing a sick person works ?

Sorry guys but I do actually think about this stuff ! lol

-Matt

cheekie3

Re: Sharing a thought
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »

Matt -

If the person had a demon or demons then I would expect that Jesus knew this and cast the demon(s) out.

If it was a disease, I would expect that Jesus would have Commanded the correction in the physical body of the person.

Regards, George.

DougE6

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »

God can go faster than the speed of light, thus the Special Theory of Relativity is wrong.

Actually, since God is everywhere at once, all the time, He doesn't need to move very fast at all! LOL  :)

Gina

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:33:58 AM »

Now, we're getting somewhere.  (I love this stuff.)

Foxx

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 06:26:01 AM »

I was wondering if anyone ever contemplated the thoughts of Jesus miracles as to exactly what happened when he performed a miracle. Take for instance healing a sick person. If we break down scientifically why a person has leprosy you can come up with reason in the persons anatomy that are lacking. Now when Jesus would heel a leper what exactly did he do to these people ? Did he drive out an evil spirit that was the reason for a person being ill ? Could Jesus explain to Albert Einsten the scientific explanation on how giving life or healing a sick person works ?

Sorry guys but I do actually think about this stuff ! lol

-Matt

Einstein was not smart enough to understand even if Jesus tried to tell him how to heal people.

For example, Einstein in his Special Theory of Relativity propounds the idea that nothing can go faster than the speed of light.  Someone with only an elementary knowledge of God understands that God is not limited by His physical creation.  God can go faster than the speed of light, thus the Special Theory of Relativity is wrong.

For us to understand how God does do things, then we will have to be made a lot smarter in the resurrection.

One question I have for God is "How do you create a star?"

well I wouldn't say Einstein is wrong. Regarding things in this physical universe he is correct. Light is the fastest THING in the universe. God is neither a thing neither is he constrained by our physical universe. As how to Jesus healed?  You got me there. God made eve from a rib so imagine anything's possible

Mbongiseni

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:49 AM »

Hi Mavis
Normally when one does a comparison of things one compares like with like i.e. apples with apples.We compare physical with physical and spiritual with spiritual.
God does not need physical laws to govern Him.Physical laws He made for to govern the physical world.
Jesus created Einsten - He would have no problem at all explaining what He did, why and how. Einsten on the other side would have very much enjoyed being given freely a science lesson.Perhaps he would even ask Jesus what was in his mind when He created human brains and even more so the insight in the human mind.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:50:10 AM »

Hey Matt,

Because disease is, at its core, disorder:

dis·ease/diˈzēz/

Noun:   A disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, esp. one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a...

... and because disorder means "chaos," Jesus put things back in order.  HOW He did that seemingly so quickly is beyond me, but it sure is entertaining to think on!

He took disorder (chaos) and put it in order.  And people wanted to kill Him! 

And there is so much in there to chew on!

I love a good mystery. 

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »

Moving at the speed of light waves/photons.
OR moving at the speed of thought.
Will it to be and it is so.
Will yourself to be with someone wherever they are and it is so.
Similar or very close to being everywhere at once.
e.g. movement if needed, without any time delay.

Just saying, Indiana bob

mavis92379

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »

I think its a fascinating thought. I love learning about true science and when I see the truth that the things that are seen were made by things that do not appear it really tells me that there is so much we just do not understand. I guess its like trying to explain to my dog how to change the oil on my honda. She come outside with me happily and even look like shes trying to pay attention cause im speaking to her but she just dosent get it.

Gina

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 12:21:07 PM »

And that's a perfect word picture.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »

As far as I know, there is no law that says space itself cannot move faster than the speed of light, only that objects moving in space cannot.  Space ain't nothing.

I don't know if that has anything to do with the point of the discussion, but it should add some confusion.   :D   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

DougE6

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »

Dave from Tennessee, nice observation. If you make little dots on a balloon, so they are quite close together, as an unblown balloon is small and tight quarters, then blow that balloon up, so that its diameter grows outwardly at a constant rate, the surface area of the balloon (two dimensional space) will cause those dots to move apart faster and faster, in direct proportion to the growth of the surface area of the balloon.  It is not the dots that have the intrinsic motion, it is the balloons growth that is happening.  The dots are along for the ride, and evermore recede more and more rapidly from each other.  You could use, in three dimensional, space, the raising of a loaf of bread with rainsins.  The raisins furthest from the center would be moving apart the fastest.

That is a simple analogy to universal expansion and the rate of speed of galaxies.  The universe itself is expanding, and as it grows larger, even if it was expanding at a constant rate, the galaxies contained within WILL be carried along at ever increasing speed. Since it is space itself that it is expanding, the galaxies at the periphery will be carried much more quickly than the ones further in. When we talk of the motion of these galaxies, we are not talking about this motion as a property of the galaxy, it is space itself that is enlarging.

So whether Einstein was incorrect depends on very narrow definitions.  His field equations are still the bedrock for understanding of these things. I think he had a good handle on these things, though obviously things like dark energy and dark matter, have post dated him.

And just in my opinion only, I cannot see how one could even say that God "moves" If God is everywhere, what need of movement? Where would He go? ;D If I am on Alpha Centauri, He is there. If I am on earth, He is there.  If I am on the furthest Cephid Variable, He is there. He has no need to move. He is so far above any mundane concept such as speed, that He is not to be included.

These thoughts are fascinating. I am glad He gave us minds that would be intrigued by them and search out the wonders of the universe. It shows us His eternal power and Godhead, truly.

Joel

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 12:02:44 AM »

Jesus did things accompanied by a word or words, He is the Word made flesh.
Psalms 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Matthew 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

The Creator has no problem tuning up the creation.

Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Joel

Gina

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 12:03:21 AM »

I don't know about God going faster than the speed of light.  That's an interesting concept.   Would God ever have to go faster than the speed of light?  Hmmm..  He creates light and He is the Father of all lights.  Yet He is the "Light of the world."  He is Light.  So, if anything, He'd be traveling at the same speed as light and not less.  Right?

Just thinking out loud.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:09:18 AM by Gina »

Gina

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 12:21:28 AM »

This is another fascinating concept:  That God would not have to move at all because He is everywhere.  But everything that has life is moving.  That's what time is, right?  Movement?  Otherwise, when God becomes all in all, we'd all be like Han Solo in Star Wars--just frozen stiff -- the way Ray described it, remember?  I don't like that thought.  Ughh.  Makes me cringe.

As stated above, God is Light, and light moves.   Here's how the Amplified bible translates Jehovah's question to Job.  It's not so much the verse as it is the footnote.  It's revealing:

Job 38:19
Where is the way where light dwells? ...,

Footnote:  Job 38:19 How, except by divine inspiration, could Job have known that light does not dwell in a place, but a way? For light, as modern man has discovered, involves motion (wave motion). Traveling 186,000 miles a second, it can only dwell in a way.

And as we all know, Jesus is the way.  Isn't that great?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:30:08 AM by Gina »

gmik

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 02:08:24 AM »

fun thread!

I still wonder what the Universe is expanding INto??

Can we still call it the Universe if it isn't universal-if there is more out there beyond the universe??

I don't really dwell/worry about any of this, but it is fun to think on once in awhile.

Has anyone seen or looked for the "Winter Football"?  It is beautiful!  find Orion's belt and go south to rigel (that will be the bottom point of the football-not soccer ball) Then "drawing" a football go to Procyrus, up to sirius then the twins Castor/Pollux now we come to the top point, the bright star Capella; going down now to Aldeberan and back to Rigel(which is 800 light years away) big red Betelgeus is north of the belt and not a "part" of the football but it is hard to miss.

sorry for Northern Hemisphereans only... ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »

Job 38:19
Where is the way where light dwells? ...,

Footnote:  Job 38:19 How, except by divine inspiration, could Job have known that light does not dwell in a place, but a way? For light, as modern man has discovered, involves motion (wave motion). Traveling 186,000 miles a second, it can only dwell in a way.

And as we all know, Jesus is the way.  Isn't that great?

Mind blowing!  ;D

DougE6

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18:04 AM »

Hi John

I don't think it is argueing, mayber we are talking past one another.  If the "balloon" inflated very quickly at the beginning, (inflation theory) space would appear flat(parallel lines would not meet) and our observable universe would be smaller than the whole universe itself. An ant siting on the surface of the balloon would see parallel lines are far as he could see.  Truly, the fact that the balloon is increasing in its rate of expansion, that gives a flat geometry, as you pointed out, is correct. Using the balloon analogy does not mean I think the universal expansion is slowing down. I never said that.  The balloon analogy remains a great picture to illustrate expansion.  The point is, we are talking about the stretching of space itself, that is what we are talking about. That is the purpose of the analogy.  Whether that stretching is slowing down, constant, speeding up (which appears to be the case) or variable, meaning early on it proceeded extremely quickly then slowed and now may be speeding up again (inflationary cosmology) is going to be debated for a whole long time.

I do not think man will get to the bottom of it. EVER.  And yes, dark energy is only a theory, to try to explain the acceleration of this expansion...it is very mysterious, how this expansion is increasing! I love it, because it does show that no matter how deeply we probe into the well of knowledge, the well just keeps on getting deeper. This is clearly divine design, God intends man to struggle on and on in the area of trying to understand how God did it. Dark energy may be only a contrivance, or it may have a much deeper role, we do not know.

If we have any disagreement, it is only in your blanket pronouncements that people like Einstein are "wrong" I would say incomplete, but not necessarily "wrong". Evey piece of the puzzle does bring us evermore wonder and knowledge.  The irony is, that what Einstein thought was his greatest blunder, the cosmological constant...we may be going back to that, in trying to get a model to fit all the observable facts. Einstein thought it was possible that the vacuum of space accelerated expansion but dismissed the idea. Now, that we know there is accelerating RATE of expansion, that the "balloon" is being filled ever more quickly, somehow, this amazing and overturning fact that is frankly as astonishing as the discovery of quantum laws 100 years ago...is going to make it more and more nebulous the HOWS and WHYS of the ultimate origin of everything. This is going to give some humility to man. Those that don't want to give God his proper place.

IMO, if Einstein was wrong, he was wrong about his attitude towards quantum mechanics "spooky actions at a distance" His words. He hated the fact that the quantum world seemed to have the paradoxes it actually does, but that is a whole different discussion.

DougE6

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 05:35:51 AM »

My biggest personal observation to all this is that these mysteries are driving materialistic godless men to utterly more and more foolish conclusions, in order to sustain any disbelief in a Creator.  The bubbling sea foam of an infinite number of universes, in order to help explain the how well this ONE works, is a growing fulfillment of the scripture "professing themselves to be wise they became as fools" 

I personally have nothing but deep seated derison for those who labor under the pretense that all this came without a Creator. Maybe that is why I might share some of JFK feelings concerning Stephen Hawking. But I have never got that same sense about Eisnstein. So maybe I like Einstein more than Hawking. LOL ;D

Just my final thought on the issue.

Gina

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 06:55:06 AM »

What we know as light is only a small section of the larger electromagnetic spectrum, which is part of the physical creation of God.  God's light is not the same as the light we see.  It's like comparing lightning to a lightning bug.

In the Book of Isaiah it states that God created darkness.  Darkness is a created thing to shroud the true Light of God from our view, or It would destroy us.

And, yes, when we are born again, we will try to race a light beam and go faster than it.  Why?  Because it's there and we can.  It's part of the spark of God in us.  We will do things just for the fun of it.

Okay.  You're obviously way smarter than anyone here, John. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.