bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John 8:21????  (Read 5209 times)

david1611kjv

John 8:21????
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »

hi there guy's..i have been having a little trouble with reconciling John8;21 "Once more Jesus said to them, "I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come."...................i have sent my grandfather some material to read over as he is a believer in eternal punishment, sent him Andrew Jukes paper and a few others and he is reading them but says that this verse springs to mind and is causing him to doubt the universalist understanding..i would greatly appreciate any feedback on this, i must admit it is the first time i have been faced with this verse and it kinda shook me a little...thanks guys

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: John 8:21????
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »

hi there guy's..i have been having a little trouble with reconciling John8;21 "Once more Jesus said to them, "I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come."...................i have sent my grandfather some material to read over as he is a believer in eternal punishment, sent him Andrew Jukes paper and a few others and he is reading them but says that this verse springs to mind and is causing him to doubt the universalist understanding..i would greatly appreciate any feedback on this, i must admit it is the first time i have been faced with this verse and it kinda shook me a little...thanks guys

Hi David,

One key principle in understanding scripture is to not get puzzled by a single scripture.  The scriptures teach that with two or three witnesses let every word be established.  The scriptures explain themselves, and we need at least two scriptures to establish any truth.

Also, your question illustrates how some get confused over something that others have no problem with.

In that scripture Jesus is talking to his enemies and religious opponents, the Pharisees, who hated Him.  He just told them the truth that they would die in their sins---which they did.  Jesus told them the truth again when He said they couldn't go where He was going.  Jesus was resurrected back to everlasting life with His Father.  The Pharisees didn't go anywhere because dead men stay dead.  The only hope for the Pharisees, just like all mankind, is the resurrection from the dead.

John

Amen John! Very well said.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »

Here's Jesus talking to the apostles, quoting Himself from 8:21.

John 13:33  Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, "Whither I go, ye cannot come"; so now I say to you.

How's that?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

david1611kjv

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »

thanks guy's...Dave that was very helpful.i can always rely on you guys to make things clear.i love having this forum at hand it really is one of the best resources ther is!..:¬)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.