bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: You guys are so important!  (Read 10260 times)

Gina

Re: You guys are so important!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »

Hi forum,
maybe my post was not read in the spirit in which I posted it. I started off with that unhappy sentence, just to encourage Erik in that no matter what others in our family or even friends think or say, (my husband is a man stumbling in the dark and is spiritually dead and does not believe in Christ) we can only praise God for bringing us to BT and Ray's teachings and fellowshipping with like minded people. I am the only one in my household who longs to know the truth and come to a better understanding of the Scriptures, and that remark only points to the unhappy fact that not all are drawn to God and given the gift of faith in this age.
Blessings to all

It's all good, my friend. 

It's good to buy up every opportunity and I think that's all Dennis was doing--setting the record straight. :)

I don't want anyone to be discouraged by those who poke fun at you for the things that you believe and try to dissuade you from further study.  If there are people in your lives who are doing this, there's only one way to see it:  God's got them thinking.  If they weren't bothered by it, they wouldn't think about it.

I remember years ago, before coming to B-T, trying to convince a very good, long-time friend that she needed to believe as I did--that people were going to wind up in hell if they didn't get saved before they were dying--and you know what she did?  She laughed at me.  ha!  She laughed right at me.  That made me so angry.  And then she said, Gina, I'm gonna pray for you.   She must have because it was about 3 months and many sleepless nights and then God led me to B-T.  (That's just one of the many things God did in preparing me for B-T.  But it was huge because of the way she affected me with her sarcastic laughter.  haha.  Made me so mad. haha)

It's all good, is what I'm trying to tell ya.

jingle52

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 05:59:38 AM »

Hi Arc,
Soooooo right!  8)   We know that nothing, but nothing is impossible for God Almighty!  ;D

Hi Gina,
Mocking, ridicule and having to hear that Jesus was just a man like any other and therefore all this nonsense of Him having rising is just a lot of fantasy- and who says that our God is better than the other gods of other nations is another of his pet counter attacks and that we are all brainwashed on BT is another etc. It’s very hard living with someone who totally doesn’t want to learn anything at this time in his life….who is yet not drawn by God to Jesus our Christ.
As Arc mentions, he can be made to see the light at anytime God wills, God’s will be done in all things, anytime anywhere.  ;D ;D ;D
Blessings in Christ

Kat

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »

Well I think I have been studying this truth for maybe 6 yrs now. Out of everybody I know I have but one daughter who will listen and agree with these truths, I feel very blessed for that. At first I did try to speak of these things to my family and a few friends, but I learned pretty quickly that if they show no real interest or even idle curiosity then to speak of this precious truth was just casting my pearls before swine, so to speak.

To have somebody deride this truth because I pushed it upon them is not a very pleasant experience and one that I try to keep from happening anymore. Now I test the waters first, by making little comments. If it does not seem favorable then I steer clear of speaking directly about this truth. I save that for those that I can take pleasure in speaking of these things with, mainly right here.

But when you are trying to live by this truth it becomes an integral part of your life and things you say indicate how you believe even if you never mention Ray or BT or even the Scriptures directly. Everything you say relates to this truth to some degree, you don't have to put a tag on it, 'the Scriptures states' or 'I read this on Bible Truths' or 'Ray says'.... Just state it as how you feel and what you believe and you don't even have to sound religious either  :)  It does seem help keep the peace and not turn family against you and your beliefs.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Gina

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »

Those are really good points, Kat. 

It's definitely a learning experience.  People would rather see a sermon than hear one any day.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 12:20:41 PM »

But when you are trying to live by this truth it becomes an integral part of your life and things you say indicate how you believe even if you never mention Ray or BT or even the Scriptures directly. Everything you say relates to this truth to some degree, you don't have to put a tag on it, 'the Scriptures states' or 'I read this on Bible Truths' or 'Ray says'.... Just state it as how you feel and what you believe and you don't even have to sound religious either  :)  It does seem help keep the peace and not turn family against you and your beliefs.

This is how I mostly operate these days, too, Kathy.  However, there are times in conversations when I have to remind a person that whatever gifts they have (i.e., intelligence, great athletic ability, great singing voice, etc.) comes from God and they had nothing to do with it. ;D

René

Kat

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »

Hi Gina, "People would rather see a sermon than hear one any day." That is being the light in the darkness of this world  :)

Ah yes Rene, I would think we should certainly let it be known that we think God is sovereign and that is from where all good things come. Thanks for added that point.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Samson

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

Hi Eirik,

Your very important too, sorry that I didn't respond earlier, been dealing with some tragedies, but stable for now.

Just Remember, By their fruits, you will know who are Jesus True Disciples & followers anyway. Look at Christendom's fruitage as a class; initiating & supporting Wars, steeped in the Politics of the Nations; Spiritual & Sexual Fornication to a large extent; Rank Lying & Deception of their followers; highly emphasizing Outward appearances to those inside their Denomination & outside their Denomination. They are misled, even when given ample proof that the real Truth is otherwise. They follow the Status Quo, as a whole and are led to believe that Teachings that are in the Majority must be accurate, because it is the majority or Status Quo view.

Throughout the History of the Scriptures the Truth was always in the small minority. You can tell your relatives that ALL of Christendoms Denominations at one time were considered "Cults," in the second century A.D. Gnosticism flourished and had an edge over Orthodoxy(Catholic) in total numbers, so the Label of "Cult" is USUALLY relative.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.