bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: free will, free choice?...confused!  (Read 11366 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: free will, free choice?...confused!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 06:37:30 PM »

just like when my momma (who knows me like the back of her hand) knew ahead of time what i would choose to do in any given situation when i was a kid, BUT, it was me making that wrong/right choice.  i had the ability to make my own choices, even though momma always knew which choice i would make. 

ok, maybe not exactly the same scenario, but it makes sense to me.

claudia

Stacey

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »

The last time I checked if you are not with God you are against him and that would bring in Lucifer. I don't like to talk about him, I would rather focus o the glory and love of the almighty.

jccarterjr, welcome to BT.

Lucifer is not Satan. I think you may have been referring to the devil but Lucifer isn't anybody but Ray takes ole Lucy Lou lucifer and busts it down to nothing more than a howl. Happy reading!
Stacey

Joel

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 11:41:19 PM »

I can see the truth of these two verses in Psalms 37:23-24 as a reality during the time Jesus spoke to Peter about him denying him three times.
Psalms 37:23-24  The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

A couple more verses come to mind also.
Ecclesiastes 8: 6-7 Because to every purpose there is time and judgement, therefore the misery of man is great upon him. For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?

Joel

Samson

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »

Hi guys, i am having some difficulty understanding the extent of what choice and will we have.......my question is; If Christ knew exactly what would happen in the case of Peter denying Him 3times and the cock crowing 3times, then how can we possibly have any level of freedom of choice or will when such specific things are prophesied in scripture?...lots of universalists give a case for free will/choice/moral agency or whatever you want to call it, im confused by this..any insights would be greatly appreciated on this passage..:¬)

Hi David,

Everyone answering this Thread with their Posts did a more than adequate Job in explaining the fact that We don't possess Free Will or Free Choice. There's one aspect of this Truth that I will share with you that was a CAUSE or influence in helping Me to comprehend and accept this Truth aside from all the other material presented by Ray, although knowing how thorough He is on this Topic, He probably mentions it some place.

We, that's You, Me and Everyone don't know for absolute certainty what's going to happen five minutes from now. We can't predict or fully determine exactly how events are going to play out to their minute details. If We don't know for certainly what's going to happen five minutes from Now, We certainly can't be certain what's going to happen Tomorrow. We can't control the outcome of Our choices and the affects of the choices of other People and other things that take place. Actually, the concept of Free Will or Free Choice doesn't even exist. Most of Mankind uses that term, but there actually isn't Free Will or Free Moral Agency. There are so many factors, influences and events that are unknown to Us until something happens exactly the way it happens.

As an Illustration: When I crashed into that Chair in the Bedroom with the Fan on it, I had no idea whatsoever in My Brain and it was fully Dark too, that I would crash into that Chair and get injured. If someone had told Me a day earlier that I would crash into a Chair in My Bedroom, I would never have thought that would happen. Of course with the warning(A CAUSE TOO), I might have chosen to check the area of the Bedroom first. Read Scripture Below, this one I like allot, it helps Me not to worry about Tomorrow and that's a CAUSE that leads to a CHOICE too,  ;).

Jas 4:13  Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
Jas 4:14  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Jas 4:15  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
Jas 4:16  But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Yes, We don't know what will happen Tomorrow and what We will do or not do, only if the Lord Wills that We do this or that.

Hope this helps, Samson.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.