bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Good Napkins  (Read 3469 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
The Good Napkins
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

THE "GOOD" NAPKINS
I think we are the last generation to know what 'napkins' are. THE GOOD NAPKINS... Ahhhhh. The joys of having Girls... My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her first mistake). One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was keeping ''napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen? Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were for 'special occasions' (her second mistake). Now fast forward a few months.... It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom had assignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table. When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a 'special occasion' Kotex napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge!! My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter. 'But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!!!'

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: The Good Napkins
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »

;D ;D Passing it on. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

onelovedread

Re: The Good Napkins
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »

That's a really funny story. Love it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.