bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life Consists of Tragedies  (Read 8639 times)

Samson

Life Consists of Tragedies
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »

Hi Forum,

I haven't been answering too many Threads with Posts lately, mainly because My Wife and I are experiencing a variety of Injuries and Illnesses since last Thursday. These Illnesses & Injuries primarily center around Three People: My Father In Law, Russell, Myself and My Wife Pam. Last Thursday about 1:30 Am(actually Friday Morning) while entering the Bedroom in the dark, I forgot that the Box Fan which usually sits on a chair was still located in the center of the Bedroom. For the past Two Months, I've kept it a the other end of the room near the wall. While heading through the
Bedroom to walk to the other side to turn on the Dresser lamp, I "accidentally" rammed into the Box Fan, completely unaware that it was there and went crashing to the Floor injuring my Quadriceps muscle, probably injuring a Tendon, sustaining at least a Contusion of the right thigh. Thankfully, My Knee seems to be mostly uninjured. My Wife rushed into the Bedroom after hearing Me scream in agony shouting every expletive known to Man with the Fan as the object of my foul language. I told Her to immediately get Ice and afterwards to get My Ace Bandage in order to be used to attach the Ice still to the injured area. She couldn't find the Ace Bandage, so I said: " I'll get it, it's in the other Bedroom." So, I limped into the other Bedroom helping to look for the Bandage, thankfully I was able to walk and made my way into the Bedroom to look for it. A short time later, I don't know how long, I found myself on the Floor slumped over the other Bed. My wife said that I had passed out and my eyes were dilating and I was shaking. She was going to call 911, because She thought that I had a seizure, but I said that I was okay and that We can't afford Ambulances or appearances at Hospitals, because I don't have Medical Coverage and besides, I can walk, so it can't be that bad and I felt okay.

The next Day I called out from work, but was able to work Saturday & Sunday favoring my good leg and other body parts. My wife had to drive me to work on Saturday and a work mate drove me home. I couldn't drive, because I couldn't get my right leg to extend forward to touch the accelerator and the brake pedal. Sunday Morning I checked to see if I could do it and it worked, so I was able to drive Sunday. It's a good thing because My Father in Law fell off at ladder receiving 4 fractures of the lower leg, the Tibia, Fibia, Shin and dislocated His ankle and had to be taken by Ambulance to the Hospital, Also, He's on Cumadin for His Heart which makes bleeding a serious factor, this happened around 1:00 PM Sunday. He came home on Wednesday and is doing pretty good under the circumstances.

My right leg is gradually improving, but on Wednesday, two days ago, I was walking on the sidewalk leading to the entrance to the Steps of Our Deck to up to Our Apartment and noticed someone had put regular garbage in the Recycling container, they do this all the time, so I decided to put it in right container and while doing this I heard a rustling noise and thinking it was a Rat, I was startled and fell backwards onto the ground injuring my left leg(the good One). This seemed to be mostly just a Quad strain. The Woman who lived across the Street witnessed this and just looked at Me, not even asking if I was okay or needed help-unbelievable. I crawled on all fours to the railing of the steps and was able to pull myself up and proceeded to muscle myself up the steps using my upper body strength, my legs as only stabilizers. I got into the House and immediately put Ice on it and called My Wife who visiting Her Father at the Hospital. She didn't get My message for about 45 minutes, because Cell Phones don't work too well in the Hospital.

Now, I have Two Legs that are injured. Had to call off for Thursday and Friday, since My good leg(the left one) couldn't give Me the type of support I required. We even had to purchase one of those toilet attachments with the rails to raise the height of the toilet and give side support, because I am unable to descend in a squatting position, because of My left leg. Also My Wife purchase an Ace Knee support for the right leg(the original injured leg) to reduce and prevent the likelihood of re-injuring it. She's picking up another Ace Knee Stabilizing support for the left leg too.

During all of this Injury Drama(My Father In Law and Me), My Wife's been fighting a bad cold and has congestion that made it's way to Her Chest. Yesterday, I insisted that She refrain from doing too much and made Her rest, which She did. I was able to vacuum, do dishes and many other things, even Cook, because I was attempting to reduce as much extra pressure on Her without making My injuries worse. Hopefully, I can work Tomorrow(Saturday), although I'm a little leery of steps right now. The Key to My recovery is the so called good leg getting close to where it was before my Fall on Wednesday. Interestingly, My right leg can squat and do mostly everything except extend forward like when one does Leg Extensions and My left leg can't Squat, but can do all other types of movements, so I have My left leg pushing my right leg forward to extend it when sitting or if I would have to get my right leg in position to drive. My right leg is improving, it's been a Week, but is definitely the more serious of the Two injuries, I probably pulled the Tendon in that one.

I did some research on line regarding Quadriceps Injuries and discovered that there are Four Muscles intertwined or wrapped into the Frontal Thigh area. Everything, I mentioned above in this Post I told to Kat in phone conversation. I told Her that I think God planned this to Humble Me, because I've been more Arrogant lately and commenting how Woman are always Sick or have something wrong with them. Maybe God is Chastising Me for this. Also, as My Wife and some of the Ladies on the Forum that know Me, I'm very Stubborn and impatient when it comes to Physical injuries. I expect to heal quickly, because I have done so in the past, but My wife reminds Me that I'm 55 years old and won't heal as quickly as I used to.

If any of You feel like throwing any Prayers out in My Families behalf, it would be much appreciated, it certainly can't hurt. It's Amazing, all of this, because if the injuries don't get you with missing work with no pay, the Medical expenses from appearing at Hospitals unannounced, any Prescriptions and Regular Doctor Visits will financially bleed you. With all of this, sometimes I emotionally wonder if this World would just put a bullet to you and put you out of your misery, that might be more merciful. Remember, I'm just venting, but sincerely hope to get well soon.

With this experience, I'm amazed How Ray and others are able to tolerate so much pain, I guess I could add the Apostle Paul to that list. Read Below !

2Co 11:23  Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
2Co 11:24  Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25  Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2Co 11:26  In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2Co 11:27  In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
2Co 11:28  Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
2Co 11:29  Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
2Co 11:30  If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
2Co 11:31  The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Carry On, Samson.

G. Driggs

Re: Life Consists of Tragedies
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »

So sorry to hear about you and yours in bad health, I can relate. This verse came up when I thought about you and Ray and all the others I know that are hurting in some way.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

It's so humbling to know all is of God when we get hurt or something, at least that is the case for me. I was being very disobedient and not very humble and the little suffering I've been through lately help bring me to my knees a bit.

Is this how we learn? Is it always the same case for everyone? I dunno, but I think of these kind of things often.

Will pray for you too Samson.

Peace,

G.Driggs

Samson

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »

I'm sorry Samson and Pam. That sounds like a lot to deal with all at once. Things seem to happen in clusters, have you noticed that? If it isn't one thing it is another. So is life.
Like you said, as we age it is more likely these accidents will occur. The formerly agile old me has taken quite a few nasty falls in the past few years, breaking bones. I don' know what it is, lack of concentration or forgetfulness (as with you moving the fan) or being careless in our busyness.

Thank goodness it sounds like you are both coping; at least both still in the home to look after each other. God bless your hearts.
I will 'throw' some prayers out per your request, of course,  :).

Please take it easy for a while. I suppose you don't have any other choice ::).

Blessings

Thanks Janine,

Yes, your right, things usually come in clusters, yet We know not what type of things their going to be, could be emotional, could be financial, could be physical, but some how it connects with the spiritual. Our Character traits relating to Galatians. 5:19-21 & 5:22-24 are at the forefront in how these "things" play out in Our behalf. Satan has demanded Us in order to Sift Us as Wheat. Refining of the Touchstone to remove the Carnal Impurities is a happening and will continue to happen, there seems no let up.

Thanks, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »

So sorry to hear about you and yours in bad health, I can relate. This verse came up when I thought about you and Ray and all the others I know that are hurting in some way.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

It's so humbling to know all is of God when we get hurt or something, at least that is the case for me. I was being very disobedient and not very humble and the little suffering I've been through lately help bring me to my knees a bit.

Is this how we learn? Is it always the same case for everyone? I dunno, but I think of these kind of things often.

Will pray for you too Samson.

Peace,

G.Driggs

Thanks for the 1 Peter Chapter 5 Scriptures George, Yes. God must know and planned that You and I need a Humbling, even though We might not have thought We were that bad,  ;);D.

Heck, I can't stand being injured, it bores Me. I don't know what to do with myself.

Thanks, Samson.

Gina

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »

That's no way to live, Samson.  Stop that.  ;)

I can't stand being hurt either for the same reason.  I need to be moving constantly.

Are you able to soak the strains/sprains in Epsom salt water, or apply a solution of it to your legs?

Samson

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 01:16:32 AM »

That's no way to live, Samson.  Stop that.  ;)

I can't stand being hurt either for the same reason.  I need to be moving constantly.

Are you able to soak the strains/sprains in Epsom salt water, or apply a solution of it to your legs?

No heat at this point Gina, that's bad news, just Ice, Ibroprofen sparingly, because although it reduces inflammation, it inhibits healing. Thanks for the concern, can't keep still. The most I can keep still is when watching the NY Knicks and what a treat they were Tonight, defeating the LA Lakers at Madison Square Garden. The talk of the Town is Harvard Graduate Asian American, Jeremy Lin. He scored 38 points tonight, but Kobe Bryant gave the Knicks a run for their money.

Jeremy Lin got Cut in Pre-season by Two teams and was picked up by the Knicks and has helped them Win four games in a row without Amare Stoudenmaier & Carmelo Anthony. He's the talk of the town.

Getting back to Heat, I'm even afraid to take a shower, have an unusual fear of falling, paranoid about getting re-injured, need to try to go to work Tomorrow, My Boss is showing a subtle displeasure about my absence. I guess one has to be 2/3 dead in order to not get some flack. I don't have Medical Coverage, I don't get Paid Sick Time, what more do they want, My blood probably and My unwavering Worship of them,  ::);).

We did some Quadriceps research on-line and Our pretty sure the Right Leg is a Moderate Level deep Strain of lower middle Quad area, the "good" Leg is only a muscle bruise and should be pretty good by Monday. The Bad Leg is probably in the realm of 3-5 Weeks, providing I don't aggravate either one of them in the meantime. Two Freak accidents within One Week, should I try for another,  ;).

Thanks, Samson.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 02:15:49 AM »

That sounds rough.  I'll definitely pray for your speedy recovery.

G. Driggs

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 05:37:23 AM »

Heck, I can't stand being injured, it bores Me. I don't know what to do with myself.

Thanks, Samson.

I hear ya bro, and I cant help to think what is the point? Boredom drives me crazy, and God has put me in spot where I find myself bored often. I suppose I need to learn contentment or something. Just thinking out loud, dont mind me.

G.Driggs

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »

Hah.. I got the flu from working with hose sick kids at the hospital this past week, been almost bed ridden all this weekend.. Not to hijack your thread or anything but.. seems like when something happens to one of us, theirs a few close to follow behind. I hope I feel better by tomorrow for school >.>

I'm Sorry to hear about your incidents between your family and I do pray for you and yours. I hope your wife feels better soon as well. I can relate to how shes feeling, although I'm fairly certain I have the flew right now. I hope being sick regularly isn't part of the price for helping the sick and injured >.>
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Stacey

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »

man o man, when it rains it floods some times eh Brad?

Sure hope you, Pam and Father-n-law get back to a 100% super fast!

With neighbors like the one you mentioned, who needs enemies?   :) Get well soon!
Stacey

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »

my heart goes out to you and family; sounds like a script from the lives of my family and inlaws;  i have a brother who is an accident waiting to happen (lol); for being one of the richer nations are we any better off re health care? it used to be better in Canada but we're now paying for services that were once covered; anyway you all will be in my prayers as well as for your employer

Samson

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »

my heart goes out to you and family; sounds like a script from the lives of my family and inlaws;  i have a brother who is an accident waiting to happen (lol); for being one of the richer nations are we any better off re health care? it used to be better in Canada but we're now paying for services that were once covered; anyway you all will be in my prayers as well as for your employer

Thank you, Honeylamb,

Historically, I don't "usually" injure my Legs, used to have problems with Ankles, many Moons ago, in My Twenties, when I used to play Basketball fervently, it's still my favorite sport. Been praying to My Heavenly Father for a healing recovery. Today, seems to be the best I've been since the original injury to My right Quadriceps, the knee on this Leg already had some weakness in one of the ligaments, not severe, because I was doing Squats the Wednesday before that original injury, it's been almost Two Weeks since that time, this Thursday will be Two Weeks. I'm back to work Thursday, so I hope to be in fairly good walking condition by then.

Unfortunately or It is what is, when you get older and you get injured, other Body parts have to compensate by assisting the injured areas to function,ie-walking, getting up, bending, reaching, etc and then these other assisting body parts get sore and are susceptible to strain, so it's a time to be cautious.

Also, thanks to Gina, George Driggs, Stacey, Alex, Janine and anyone else for their prayers and concern.

Thanks, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »

Hah.. I got the flu from working with hose sick kids at the hospital this past week, been almost bed ridden all this weekend.. Not to hijack your thread or anything but.. seems like when something happens to one of us, theirs a few close to follow behind. I hope I feel better by tomorrow for school >.>

I'm Sorry to hear about your incidents between your family and I do pray for you and yours. I hope your wife feels better soon as well. I can relate to how shes feeling, although I'm fairly certain I have the flew right now. I hope being sick regularly isn't part of the price for helping the sick and injured >.>

Thanks Young Brother Alex, Hope your Flu Symptoms are subsiding, My Wife's been having that type of problem, but She's getting better.

Ironically, My Mother-In-Law told Me that the Air filteration System & the Water at St. Luke's Hospital where My Father-In-Law was is dirty. The Filters in His room were filthy. I mentioned to Her, think about this for a moment, isn't that insane, this is supposed to be a Hospital. She believes that this contributed to Pam getting Sicker, because She only had a runny Nose prior to spending much time visiting at the Hospital. Boy, it sounds crazy to Me. By the way, St. Luke's is known as the best Hospital in the Tri county area and perhaps beyond.

Kind Regards & get better, Samson.

Samson

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »

man o man, when it rains it floods some times eh Brad?

Sure hope you, Pam and Father-n-law get back to a 100% super fast!

With neighbors like the one you mentioned, who needs enemies?   :) Get well soon!

Yes Stacey, Overall, People don't seem to care, but as someone stated to Me, We really don't know their true motives. The Woman across the Street, although She gets around pretty good, She's got a drinking problem and seems to have a bad attitude about Men, thinking they are only here to serve Woman. She has Three Sons who do everything for Her, especially since Her Husband passed away five years ago and I have never heard Her thank them. Many Older people have Children that don't give a hoot to help their Parents, but Her sons and Daughters in Law are always over there helping. And I'm not assuming about Her, I've known Her for 12 years. I've helped shovel snow for Her several times for free, no solicitation required on my part. In the last year She's acted strange towards Me, like I did something to Her, don't have any idea what that could possibly be. Oh Well !

Kind Regards, Samson.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »

Thanks Young Brother Alex, Hope your Flu Symptoms are subsiding, My Wife's been having that type of problem, but She's getting better.

Ironically, My Mother-In-Law told Me that the Air filteration System & the Water at St. Luke's Hospital where My Father-In-Law was is dirty. The Filters in His room were filthy. I mentioned to Her, think about this for a moment, isn't that insane, this is supposed to be a Hospital. She believes that this contributed to Pam getting Sicker, because She only had a runny Nose prior to spending much time visiting at the Hospital. Boy, it sounds crazy to Me. By the way, St. Luke's is known as the best Hospital in the Tri county area and perhaps beyond.

Kind Regards & get better, Samson.

Yea... well unfortunately,  I think the air filtration system is last on the hospitals things to do list :P
I'm glad to hear your wife is doing better. I pray you are recovering nicely as well. My symptoms have all but subsided, except for a lingering cough.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lauriellen

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 11:31:04 PM »

So sorry for your families trials. You are in my thought s and prayers.

ez2u

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 01:23:36 AM »

October last year we were in a accident , hit from behind.  it really messed up my back.   the pain continue to get worst to the point where i have become disable.  i lost my home health care business and have had to stay  pretty immobile. finally got to a decent doctor and he tole me to take 3,000 mg of omega 3 daily   it has change my life i can move around again.   my back was constantly in spasms, inflammation had set in  i believe the omega 3 is reducing the inflammation
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.