bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus: "the CREATED of the Father"  (Read 38260 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Jesus: "the CREATED of the Father"
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 06:02:59 PM »

I found this discussion extremely edifying and grateful for it. I think I would be poorer for it not having ever happened. So thank you. I understand the relationship between the Father and the Son--I understand God--just a little bit better!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »

isaiah rocked!  8)   just sayin.  nice scriptures jfk.   :)

claudia

theophilus

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 12:30:38 AM »

Well said Kat and Craig! :)

Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.

santgem

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 04:15:21 AM »

The Father is the living God
The Son is the living God
Jesus is the living God
Jesus is the Son of the living God

How come Jesus be the Son of the living  God when he is the living God?

The Father who is the living  God and the Son who is the living God are one God, they are one living God!

If the above is claimed to be true, then the term 'Father' is equivalent to the term 'Son'; and it is illogical to use both terms. yet the Father is GREATER than the Son.

I think we would all like to think that we got this figured out and and that we understand it. I think there is at least one piece of the puzzle that's missing. And for this reason, we can't thoroughly understand it, much less explain it to others. Just my humble and lowly opinion.

Theophilus,
Greetings!

But -- in this let the boaster boast himself, In understanding and knowing Me, For I am Jehovah, doing kindness, Judgment, and righteousness, in the earth, For in these I have delighted, An affirmation of Jehovah. Jer 9:24

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Mat 16:16-17

And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. Jhn 6:69

Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus is the Son of the Father
Jesus is the Son of the living God

Jesus is the Son of  God the Father the living God

Whence Jesus the living God?

ARE YOU AFRAID OF GOD?

Heb 10:31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Heb 10:29  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden underfoot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant (that’s Jesus Christ’s blood), wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
v. 30  For we know Him that hath said, Vengeance belonged unto Me, I will recompense, says the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge His people.
v. 31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Now did you get all of that? It’s saying that if you do something really bad you are going to be held accountable in this “fiery indignation and judgment.”  Right?  He says vengeance is mine “I will recompense, says the Lord. The Lord will judge His people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Now who is this fearful living God that it is so fearful to fall into? Well it’s “the LORD that shall judge His people.” We just read it, it says so. Right? Well who is that?

John 5:22  For the Father judges no man

Guess what it’s not the Father. Here we thought it’s a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God and it isn’t the Father. Nope. It’s the judge. Who’s the judge?

v.22 …but hath committed ALL JUDGMENT UNTO THE SON:

That’s the Judge.Acts 10:42  And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Rom 14:10  But why do you judge thy brother? or why do you set at naught your brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat, (Of God the Father? No…) of CHRIST.

Acts 17:31  Because HE hath appointed a day…

Who is the “He “ here that has appoint a day, who is that? [Comment: God the Father.] At last, apparently so. Apparently now we have the Father, it doesn’t say so, but apparently so.

Whenever you have a Scripture that is contrasting the Son with somebody called God, then you probably know that is His Father who also bares the title God.

Act 17:31  Because He (God) hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness BY THAT MAN (Who is “that Man”? JESUS.) whom He hath ordained.

So after all, when we read all that in proper context, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living JESUS, isn’t it. Once more what do we prove?

John 10:30  I and My Father are one.

Jesus the living God is the Son of God the Father the living God

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 10:31:46 AM »

There is nothing new under the sun, including the arguments, discussion and conclusions above.

8 “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher.
    “Everything is meaningless!”

All the rest is chasing the wind.

There is nothing "meaningless" about seeking to know our God.  We are commanded to love our God.  I believe the more we know and understand about our God and Creator, the more we will love Him and that is a good thing.  Keep seeking brethren! :)

Matt 22:37-38 - "And He said unto him—Thou shalt love the Lord thy God—with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the great and first commandment."

Matt 7:7-8 - "Be asking and it shall be given you, Be seeking, and ye shall find,—Be knocking, and it shall be opened unto you. For whosoever asketh, receiveth, and he that seeketh, findeth,—and to him that knocketh, shall it be opened.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »

rick

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2014, 12:46:55 AM »

I will be the first to admit that we "understand in part" as Paul has told us. We certainly do not understand all of the mechanics of God and how He is manifested toward man. But we can know as much as the Scriptures tell us.

First, God has predestined and called a group [Greek: ecclesia] commonly called church, out of the humanity of this world. This called out group is likened to virgins, a bride, brothers, Christ's body, and sons of God. Christ will marry this virgin bride body of believers who are the manifest sons of God for whom the whole creation is groaning.   It is this body of believers that will reign with Christ and bring salvation to the entirety of the universe.

Second: Christ is the Image of the Invisible God. Christ is EVERYTHING that the Father is, only in the visible flesh of humanity.  In that respect Christ IS our Father just as Isaiah prophesied.  Jesus said to know Him is to KNOW THE FATHER. So, clearly, we know all that the Father is, THROUGH CHRIST!  And that includes FATHERHOOD. Jesus Christ not only was a man, He is now and always will be A MAN.  Notice that AFTER Jesus was resurrected and returned to the glory and splendor that He had in the beginning with God, that He is STILL called a MAN,

"For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, A MAN, Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

Try this: There is ONE GOD. Jesus Christ came OUT FROM God and is called the "Son OF God." The Holy Spirit comes OUT FROM God and is called the "spirit OF God." But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS, hence Jesus also has this SAME SPIRIT and therefore there is the "spirit OF Christ" which is the SAME spirit OF God. They BOTH possess the SAME SPIRIT. And as they possess the SAME SPIRIT, they are ONE!

God promises believers the obtaining of this same spirit also. Hence WE TOO become ONE WITH CHRIST AND OUR FATHER!  Did I loose you yet?  Furthermore, all of God's creatures will one day possess this same spirit and then God will be "All in ALL" (I Cor. 15;28)!!!

Certainly there is much we do not know, however, all that I have presented here can be substantiated by the Scriptures.

Hope that helps your understanding a little better. May God grant you a spirit of wisdom and understanding in these deep spiritually discerned matters.

Sincerely,

Ray  :)

indianabob

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2014, 01:07:06 AM »

Thank you Dennis,
Please spell for me the other word that Ray referenced with Ekklesia in that bible study. I could not determine it for myself.
Thank you, Indiana Bob

Kat

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 01:23:56 AM »

Christ is EVERYTHING that the Father is,
But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS,

Rick, do you have Scripture for these 2 comments? If Christ is "everything" that the Father is, then are you saying they are one and the same? I don't believe that they are... the Son had a beginning, when He came forth. So throughout endless eternity what was the Father? Certainly there was something more to what He is than this creation... how/why could He bestow all that He has ever experienced on the Son?

Col 1:16  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Rom 11:36  For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Rev 3:14  "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:

The Son was brought forth to be God for this creation, that was His beginning, that is His purpose. That does not make Him separate from the Father, He is that part/extension of the Father for this purpose. But I believe there is very much more to the Father than this creation.

John 14:28  You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.

John 10:29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 01:40:41 AM »

Kat, Rick's post was a quote from Ray's reply to an email on the front page.

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm#father

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 03:20:07 AM »

Line upon line...precept upon precept...here a little, there a little...rightly (I hope) CUTTING the Word of Truth.

This follows the passage I 'quoted' earlier...the part about eye not having seen, nor ear heard, nor entering into the mind of man....

1Co 2:10  But God hath revealed it to us, by his Spirit; for the Spirit exploreth all things, even the profound things of God.
1Co 2:11  For what man is there, who knoweth that which is in a man, except it be the spirit of the man, which is in him? So also, that which is in God, no one knoweth, except the Spirit of God.

and then this.

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God; that we might know the free gifts, which are given to us by God.
1Co 2:13  Which things we also speak; not in the teaching of the words of man's wisdom, but in the teaching of the spirit; and we compare spirituals with spirituals.
1Co 2:14  For a man in his natural self, receiveth not spirituals; for they are foolishness to him. Neither can he know them; for they are discerned by the Spirit.
1Co 2:15  But he that is spiritual, judgeth of all things: and he is judged of by no one.
1Co 2:16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he should instruct him? But we have the mind of Messiah.

It's odd to me that Ray used the various 'relationships' which WE are in/to Christ in his reply...'brother', 'virgins', the 'bride of Christ', Christ's 'body', and 'sons of God'.  Can we say all these things are 'literal' and all at the same time?  Really?  Brothers AND bride? 

What are Christ's words?  Spirit.

Ray said we know NOTHING of the Father (same as the disciples) except what Christ revealed.  Jesus came to reveal the Father and said ..."if you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

What is it about/in/of a man that knows about a man?  His spirit.  What is it about/in/of our God that knows about Him?  His Spirit.  Who has His Spirit and knows about Himself?  Our God...and then He gives His Spirit to us.

To the extent we no longer have the spirit of the world, and to the extent we have the Spirit of God we 'know the free gift' He has given to us...because a man in his natural state doesn't understand the spiritual.  It's foolishness.

"Discerning by the Spirit" is clearly not referring to our 'carnal/natural" understanding, but to the Spirit of God which He has (to whatever extent) given to us.  It also means (at least I think so) that WITH this Spirit, we DISCERN SPIRITUALLY--comparing Spiritual with Spiritual.  That's why we can't say that we are 'literal' Brides AND brothers, but that these SPIRITUAL words Christ spoke are what we are "LIKENED" to.  With His Spirit, we also have the MIND of Christ--again, at least to the extent we do.

From where do all of our actions spring?  Our bodies?  No, from our minds, hearts-- and not simply our brains and emotions, but the invisible SPIRITUAL workings of all that makes us what we are, intricately interconnected and 'fashioned' to make us unique.  Remember that SPIRIT is not simply a COMPONENT of man (like Caspar the friendly ghost), but the very 'force' that animates him..IN EVERY WAY.

When God created Mankind, He breathed into him SPIRIT, and Mankind became a living soul.  That's what we are.  He did this after declaring intention to "create mankind in Our image."  OK, so we are in the 'image' of God.  What about US is thus 'like Him?"  We know OURSELVES and the things OF OURSELVES by our spirit (if religion hasn't robbed us of even THAT knowledge) and we are told that He has given us to KNOW HIM and the things of HIM by HIS SPIRIT.  We are walking, talking 'pictures' (images) of God.  Can it be that we ourselves are parables (little stories) of the 'enigma' of God, and of our God Himself?   

If the spirit in me makes me alive, determines my 'actions', character, and 'thoughts' (by His 'fashioning' and sovereignty) is it also true that HIS SPIRIT determines HIS ACTIONS, Character, and THOUGHTS?  Not so far off-base so-far, I'm guessing. 

OK then...here's the kicker...why must I assume, after all this, that FATHER is a 'literal' term?  Wouldn't that be comparing Physical with Physical?  Or at best, Physical with Spiritual?  What is GREATER, the SPIRIT that animates and determines His thoughts, character, and actions or the Person through Whom His Spirit works?  I have ZERO doubt when it comes to ME, and could cite many Scriptures to back that up.  This is exactly the way Scripture says I operate!  Could it well be that when Jesus says the "Father is Greater than I", and that He does nothing, says nothing that doesn't come from the Father that He is speaking SPIRITUALLY?  I do nothing, say nothing, and accomplish nothing without MY spirit.

One day I will be full of HIS Spirit.  And I will walk, talk, speak, and act according to IT.  I BELIEVE I have a Lord and God who has done that ever since the Spiritual Father gave HIM life.  And don't ask me when that was, except before the foundations of the world.

Of course, I may be wrong (and I CERTAINLY know only in part)...but I don't think so.

I've followed Ray's teaching on all sorts of 'topics' for more than six years now.  Nearly everything I know about Spiritual Truths came by way of Ray's teaching.  I've done my best along the way NOT to forget AND to incorporate every 'new' truth with those that preceded it.  I believe Ray when he said that it's ALL ONE THING.  This is where I am.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:53:58 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 03:29:23 AM »

When God created Mankind, He breathed into him SPIRIT, and Mankind became a living soul.  That's what we are.  He did this after declaring intention to "create mankind in Our image."  OK, so we are in the 'image' of God.  What about US is thus 'like Him?"

I would only contend to Dave, that we are, being MADE into God's image. We are not there yet.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2014, 03:58:11 AM »

Alex, are we not even the tiniest bit 'there'?  It's a process.  We already ARE the sons of God, though not all of us are well-behaved.

santgem

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2014, 07:23:50 AM »

Christ who is the exact likeness of  the Father,  are one and the same, even the mode of  degree in both worshipping them.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. Rev 5:13

We could not Worship living God, the Father, apart from living God, the Son.

because it is God who said, Out of darkness light is to shine, who did shine in our hearts, for the enlightening of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2Co 4:6

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God. 2Co 4:4

The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven. Heb 1:3

Kat

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »

Thanks Dave, I didn't realize that was Ray's... but I do think we need a Scripture to verify those comments, as this very thing seems to be a point of confusion.

Indeed there is a difference in literal and physical, and our discernment of that is critical to our understanding. God uses the physical, which He put in place to be as it is, so that He could use it to represent the spiritual to a degree, He knows we are physical and need physical imagery to help our understanding. But there must be the discernment of how to apply the physical without taking it literal, as in the bride and body of Christ. Those terms are good to help us understand better what those relationship will be, but of course we get confused if apply it in too literal/physical sense.

Also our image being like His does have a physical and spiritual application, all humans are now in His likeness physically, but will only be in His likeness spiritually at the first resurrection.

1Cor 11:7  For a man indeed ought not to have his head covered, because he is the image and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man.

James 3:9  By this we bless God, even the Father. And by this we curse men, who have come into being according to the image of God.

Yes I think the Father's and Son relationship is taken too literal, but obviously it is the best way to describe it or they could have used another term, but it's the term Christ Himself used. We can see from that physical relationship, and Jesus verified it, that the Father is indeed greater than the Son, of course it is a spiritual application. We have no idea what more the Father may be, but I do feel that is part of what Christ is revealing about the Father, He is greater. Certainly we don't have all understanding on this yet... but little by little it is revealed by the Spirit and the Scripture will show us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:56:44 PM by Kat »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2014, 12:32:12 PM »

Alex, are we not even the tiniest bit 'there'?  It's a process.  We already ARE the sons of God, though not all of us are well-behaved.

Only because God calls those things that are not as if they were. I know you know that scripture and the SUM of the Word is truth. Being part way there or 1% there doesn't give us the right to throw all caution to the wind and start confusing others by talking about our process of transformation as if its already complete.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:21:32 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Joel

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »

It certainly is the Spirit of God that keeps us looking toward Spiritual food, fellowship, and communion.
Jesus is the greatest example for us to follow without a doubt.
We are given more examples of those serving God and living according to Jesus's example such as Peter, James , John, Stephen, and many others record in the New Testament.
We can look at Paul, and read of his accomplishments because there is simply more written about him.
Paul was greatly lead of the Spirit, but there was that one thing that constantly nagged at him he called "a thorn in the flesh."
The Lord told him that GRACE is sufficient.
We all know that Jesus created everything by the will of the Father. He also created the angels and all the heavenly realm.
The angels are affected by sin, but from a different perspective from us. And that whole history of what went down in the heavenly realm before mankind was created is pretty vague.
It is good to discuss the things of God.
Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Joel

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »

Thank you Dennis,
Please spell for me the other word that Ray referenced with Ekklesia in that bible study. I could not determine it for myself.
Thank you, Indiana Bob

No idea Bob.

Kat

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »

But those that are chosen were always His elect and cannot be lost, snatched from His hand (John 10:28-29).

Eph 1:4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

Not only are the chosen always the elect, but they are also considered sons of God.

Rom 8:12 Consequently, then, brethren, debtors are we, not to the flesh, to be living in accord with flesh,
v. 13 for if you are living in accord with flesh, you are about to be dying. Yet if, in spirit, you are putting the practices of the body to death, you will be living."
v. 14 For whoever are being led by God's spirit, these are sons of God." (CLV)

Rom 8:14  For, as many as by God’s Spirit are being led, the same, are God’s sons,— (Rotherham)

Yes it is a process, completed at the first resurrection. But they are already considered sons and daughters, but they will only realize this when the Spirit is indwelling and working in them. Then you come to 'know' God and you can worship/pray to the Father in Spirit and truth.

John 4:23  But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Gal 4:6  And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:27:09 PM by Kat »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2014, 03:47:54 PM »

Christ is EVERYTHING that the Father is,
But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS,

Rick, do you have Scripture for these 2 comments? If Christ is "everything" that the Father is, then are you saying they are one and the same? I don't believe that they are... the Son had a beginning, when He came forth. So throughout endless eternity what was the Father? Certainly there was something more to what He is than this creation... how/why could He bestow all that He has ever experienced on the Son?

Col 1:16  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Rom 11:36  For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Rev 3:14  "And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:

The Son was brought forth to be God for this creation, that was His beginning, that is His purpose. That does not make Him separate from the Father, He is that part/extension of the Father for this purpose. But I believe there is very much more to the Father than this creation.

John 14:28  You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.

John 10:29  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat,

Here are two Scriptures in support that They are the same.  Not the identical functions, but the same God.

Jesus is called...the exact representation of His nature.  Heb 1:3

Of Jesus it is said...For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.  Col 2:9

Jesus is not 50% like the Father or 90%.  Jesus is His exact image and representation, 100%.

Which is why Jesus said, I and Father are one.  John 10:30

And Jesus said...He who has seen Me has seen the Father.  John 14:9

I have collected over a hundred Scriptures that prove there is one God.

The Father and Jesus are different aspects of the One God.  They do different things.  But they are not separate.

God is much more powerful than we think.  He can chew gum and skip rope at the same time.

He can be this invisible Spirit and Force that is everywhere and Who the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain.  At the same time He can empty Himself and manifest Himself as a human being.  One God.

This is why Ray in his article called Jesus God's autobiography.  An autobiography reveals yourself, not another.

I believe God is leading His Elect few (and you know who you are) towards this understanding of the oneness of God.  Truth cannot be contained.

But I do not like to see confusion or ill will in this discussion.  I deeply regret if I have caused any.  But the Truth will come by the will of God.  Only God can bring this understanding to His Elect.

Someone in this thread stated that he didn't believe Jesus was God.   ;D   God still has his work to do.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:03:41 PM by John from Kentucky »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.