bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's scary !!  (Read 7844 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
It's scary !!
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »

Some of the posts on this forum are scary, can I just make one little but MOST important suggestion ?
Thank you !  ;) Go here first      http://bible-truths.com

Ray's teachings through    http://bible-truths.com  to me personally is like being taught by Paul.......WOW !! How good is that ??

Who would pass up an opportunity to listen and be taught by Paul (Ray  :)) ??)

thetruth

Re: It's scary !!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:13:27 PM »

Hello John

Who would pass up an opportunity to listen and be taught by Paul (Ray  ??)

Millions everyday!I am so thankful that I am NOT one of them.And as Ray would tell anyone else its ALL about Jesus!Without His Spirit we are finished.

Ray is a Awesome Teacher so much so I think sometimes people tend to lift Him up as the only teacher of truth?I personally know and fellowship with people from BT and others who have enlightened me on some things of the Kingdom that I have never heard Ray comment on.

Dont want to be mis understood because I love Ray! And i am so thankful for Him, but its all the Spirit of God that enlightens Ray
and that same Spirit enlightens us all.
So with that being said:Lets  ALL continue to lift up Ray on His upcoming surgery!We Love you Ray Smith.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:40:45 AM »

Some of the posts on this forum are scary,

Which kind (type,subject,style) of post do you refer too?

What type of 'scary' do you mean?   Scary because they are unusual and incredible on a positive way or on a negative way?

just wondering what do you mean,
I am sorry

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »

wondering what to do with the 4 Honey nut Cheerios I found in my shoe this morning.  I know it's a sign for something really spiritual, so I think I'll just take my cat Keiko for a walk in the rain and then make a pan of lime jello.

Longhorn

thetruth

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »

That's to Funny longhorn!!!

I think John was making refrence to some of the post lately, that they have seemed to have not taken the time to read Ray material before posting?

octoberose

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »

Well, I can see this happens a lot. But I do think that there are a lot of times I look for something specific in the Search engine and sometimes I find it and a lot of times I don't. And there's So Much material on the website I start back and look for something and can't find it. But I know if I shoot a question out to all of you, I almost always get an answer.

thetruth

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »

Hello Octoberose
I can Understand were your coming from .Its also very diffulcult to know for sure who is asking a sincere question verses who is trying to teach a different teaching or someone who becomes offended by the trurh here on BT.And therefore they deem it necessary to act a child and cause trouble?We have awesome moderators here and one thing I like about each one is that they all have a different style as to how they address things, yet their fair and sincere in their purpose to protect the flock from wolves.As well as to cut down on the confusion when something is posted that could confuse anything that Ray teaches. So its a big job, I guess thats why there is many of them.Any way, God Bless Octoberose and thanks for your insight... its so true.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 04:11:54 AM »

I think John was making refrence to some of the post lately, that they have seemed to have not taken the time to read Ray material before posting?

oh I see, it's very probably that you are right.

Yes, there is not much sense on explaining over again the things that have been already explained on great detail on the main site (like the free-will issue), if someone would care enough -he would first take the reading time. However, if after taking the reading they would like clarification or listen even more proves and examples, then some brothers around here are good to bring out what they have already learned and also add a little bit of their personality and personal fields of knowledge to reinforse the issue.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 04:58:42 AM »

I like how you explained that Moises ~  8) 

It is one thing to know, and keep hidden, (light under the bushel)and another thing to apply and fearlessly practise. ~   :)

Arc

Gina

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 11:13:23 AM »

John,

I appreciate your concern. 

It's my personal opinion that posts such as your last two incite almost as much confusion among the active readers/participants of the forum as do the posts from those you say don't/won't read Ray's material.

I would respectfully request that, in the future, you please address the person to whom you're referring directly by PM.

Thank you.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 02:35:34 PM »

John was just making a point, nothing wrong with that. It was not confusing to me, he is just saying that some are missing learning these profound truths by not reading much of what Ray has posted and coming here for quick answers. Once your eyes are opened it takes time and effort (lots of study), there are no short cuts.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:48:12 PM by Kat »

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »

I see nothing scary here at all.

Oh, it is so hard to bite my tongue (sometimes).

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Gina

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:13:50 AM »

Perhaps I should have prayed for wisdom first before I replied.  I'm not completely confused.  lol  I have a feeling John is referring to lots of us here, not just one or two or three.  (I hope that doesn't inflame anyone.  I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to assume he isn't talking about me.  But if he is, I sure wish he'd do the right thing and pull me to the side or pray for me or something like that. lol)

I thought about everyone's posts here a lot today, but it wasn't till I read Kat's reply that I was able to recall that reading and studying for years isn't all that's required.  How could I, of all people, not have remembered that?  ha  I mean, I'm like the worst offender when it comes to taking issue with people who appear to have not read Ray's materials, which only goes to show that I, myself, need the spirit of God to open up my own understanding.  I mean, lol, when I would tell people that they need to read and re-read in order to be able to understand and be able to accept what they read, it just screamed "I read, but I don't believe what I read."  lol

Ray has been asked numerous times by people how he has arrived at the truths he has been given (i.e., what bibles and study aids he uses) and usually every response from Ray is that he uses this and that bible and study aid, but it takes the Spirit of God to open up a person's understanding.

John, I'd like to offer up a prayer on our behalf of whoever it is that you're referring to be guided by the Spirit of God to first read and then have their understanding opened up.

I'd also like to ask everyone to pray for my friend, Jim Carter.  He asked me to pray for him, and now I'm asking you all to as well.  He needs a job.  He quit smoking, and that's a major hard thing to trust God on.  He's also a war veteran of some years back.  I ask you to please lift him up in prayer.  Thank you all very much.

Whewww, I gotta little wordy there.  haha, sorry.   
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:59:57 AM by Gina »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 06:11:01 AM »

I agree...  I/we should be more patient with new people that come and want to join into conversations, it might be no harm in repeating some of what is already writen on great detail, it could be taken as an opportunity for practicing what we have already learn and show patience. (and of course there are answers that would take way too long to explain on a few posts but still some can try to resume).

I can also recall how Ray have answered to many emails from people asking pretty much the same, sometimes Ray direct them to a writing that he has already wrote about and sometimes he reply with a resumed answer.

For example I think that the last thread called ''free will, free choice?...confused!'' was generally responded with patience and good explanations from mostly.

Gina, I will pray for the well being of Jim Carter.

I think that these present thread was way to open for interpretation and John doesn't seem that he will come back and clarify exactly what was he talking about. However, something good seems be coming out of all these.
After all, if one thing I have learn in offline communication is to don't even expect that others have to believe as I. Now I am okay with that, even if that makes me feel lonely sometimes.

Ephesians 4:1-2 ''I am entreating you, then, I, the prisoner in the Lord, to walk worthily of the calling with which you were called, with all humility and meekness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,''

Revilonivek

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »

Gina-

Take heart, You're not the only one. I felt it was directed at me too.  I think what we all crave is fellowship and just talking about it. There is a huge difference between just reading alone and moving on. I think it's nice to talk about it with the group. After all, loving one another is all about lightening the load and helping one another's spirit even if they need more of it than others.

After all, we need to remind ourselves that we are still in the wilderness and not there yet. We have to keep on growing. We all have to.  Of course we question the scriptures. WE have to!!! it's in our nature. There are older and younger siblings in spirit. Some need it more than others. Some are more mature, others are less immature in spirit. If some are to be older siblings here, we need to be models for the younger siblings. and from a younger sibling perception- we expect the older siblings to possess all the patience there is, all the love there is, slow to be offended, slow to be angry and so on when the immature spirit doesn't seem to click yet... After all life is a journey and children tend to learn from the adults in physical life anyway.. the same should apply to the spirit life as well. 

Like Ray says it takes the spirit of God to really understand it. Lets look more.. what exactly is the spirit of God?

The thing is. the Scriptures say the spirit of God has mercy, love, kindness, patience, slow to anger, slow to be offended and so on and Ray in a way says anyone that has these qualities would understand  the scriptures' spirit. anyone that carries these qualities has the spirit of God in them.  So whatever scriptures on the surface doesn't seem to contain the spirit of God, we have to keep on digging till it does. I think what the scriptures want us to do is evolve to unconditional love nature by default in order to understand the whole thing.  Sin and unconditional love are polar natures after all.

As for older siblings- they should have as much patience- especially when the younger ones aren't. especially when they aren't. love them anyway.. and just keep on trying. After all we are all accountable to God and one another according to scriptures.

Gina

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »

Thank you Moises and Denise. :)

onelovedread

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 11:56:53 PM »

I promise to pray for Jim Carter

Gina

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 07:04:26 PM »

I really appreciate that and I'm hoping Jim sees your message.  Thank you so much, John. 

Now, I talked to him today by email and he said that he's thinking of going back to driving a cab, which he loves doing (I can't blame him--I think that'd be a very cool job, meeting so many different personalities.)  And he said his wife is feeling better about it too (he was putting in 18 hours a day driving a cab at one point he said, and it nearly killed him).  He sounds better today; more peaceful, calmer.  So anyway, thank you so  much all who are lifting Jim up.  I'll keep you posted.  I'm expecting to hear some more really good news.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.