bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: question?  (Read 12378 times)

thetruth

question?
« on: February 18, 2012, 01:53:10 AM »

In Genesis 2-7 Its God life... which God is Spirit, breathed into mans nostrils!Not mans or anyone else breath right?So we know that 2-Cor-3-6 tells us ....that the Spirit gives life.So doesnt that mean everyone has at least a measure of God in them?Because its God inside of each man?I say this because as that is the case than all being saved should be no problem unless one would say God could not be saved?I want to state empathically that I am NOT trying to teach anything this is something that has been on my mind and i ask for your thoughts on this subject.thanks the truth

mharrell08

Re: question?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »

In Genesis 2-7 Its God life... which God is Spirit, breathed into mans nostrils!Not mans or anyone else breath right?So we know that 2-Cor-3-6 tells us ....that the Spirit gives life.So doesnt that mean everyone has at least a measure of God in them?Because its God inside of each man?I say this because as that is the case than all being saved should be no problem unless one would say God could not be saved?I want to state empathically that I am NOT trying to teach anything this is something that has been on my mind and i ask for your thoughts on this subject.thanks the truth

The spirit that gives every living creature life is not the same as the Holy Spirit which leads to eonian life. There is plenty of testimony in the scriptures of the salvation of all, but I don't think this example put forth is one.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »

Hi thetruth,

As Marques was saying the Holy Spirit is a separate Spirit from the spirit of life given to the Elect now, so they can understand. But I can see what you mean in a way. God is in all of us because He is everywhere, omnipresence. So as God being everywhere and in everything it is like He is working out all this for Himself as much as anything. So to say that God can not save all is equivalent to saying God can not save part of His own being in a way. Here is a part of the 06 conference where Ray was speaking on something like this.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html ------------------

“But to US there is but ONE GOD THE FATHER, OF Whom are all things [all things?], and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by Him. Howbeit, there is not in every man this knowledge…” (1 Cor. 8:5-7)
v
Notice what it said “But to us there is but one God the Father, of whom are all…”. What is the all?  Well, what is not of the Father, nothing.  What about Jesus, is Jesus of the Father or is He His own God? It says, of the Father is all, that would have to include Jesus. “…and we in Him…”,  what does this mean? There is one God and we are in Him. How are we in Him? There are other scriptures talking about God being in us.
v
Acts 17:26 He has made of one blood, all nations of men, for to dwell on the face of the earth. And He is determined their appointed seasons and boundaries of their habitation,
v. 27 that they should seek God, if haply they might feel (grope) after Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Now we have another false concept, where is God? in heaven? Well, where is heaven? Waaay up there?
He is not far from any one of us, but what does that have to do with the theory, you have to go worship in a church or on this day or that day? He is not far from any of us! We don’t pay attention to the words.

GOD IS SPIRIT, but nowhere in scripture does it say, God is a Spirit, God IS Spirit.

v. 28 For in Him we live, and move, and have our being (we exist in Him), as certain even of your own poets have said, for we are also His offspring.
v
So let’s think about this a little bit, who is the Father? In Him we live and breath and have our being. Liken the ocean to the Spirit of God, and liken us to the fish. The fish are 95% water, the ocean is in the fish, and the fish are in the ocean, get it?

A bird has very porous bones, because they have to be very light. It flies in the heavens, it breaths fast, because it needs strength and oxygen. So the air (which is like the Spirit of God, which is what he calls it in the NT, Greek word for spirit is pheuma), the expanse is even called heaven, where the bird flies, and liken the air to the Spirit of God. The bird has air in him and is flying through the air.

Now this is what the Scriptures say, we are in God and God is in us. So, get it out of your head that God is a man, sitting on a stone throne, like Abraham Lincoln in Washington D.C., an old man with gray hair. God is right here, it (Bible) says so, we have to just listen to the words.

God is Spirit, it also says God is invisible, you can’t see Him, not literally. We can see Him in Spirit, as in our heart, in our mind, our soul, our spirit, in our innermost being.

The thing that makes us different from plants and other animals, is we can 'see' God. I’m trying to help you right now, to see God. So when you leave here, you will see God in a way you didn’t, when you walked in here. If God opens it up to you, I can only tell you, but God must open it up for you to grasp it.

God is here, not here because we are here, but He was here before we got here and He’ll still be after we leave. Because this desk is here and this desk has it's cohesion in Jesus Christ. It is through Jesus Christ that this desk holds together or it would fall apart. It takes energy and power, what is the source of the power, Jesus Christ, which comes from the Father and it’s passed off out of Him. One Father, one God, all and everything is out of Him. GOD IS ALMIGHTY!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

thetruth

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »

Hello ,Marques and Kat

First, thanks so much for taking the time to try and help me out on this!I guess now the question would be as to how to reconcile the following quote by Scripture:

"As Marques was saying the Holy Spirit is a separate Spirit from the spirit of life given to the Elect now."

What other Spirit can give life?I guess thats were I am missing it.

Kat ,you are absolutly right as to why I asked this question.... as that is my thought process. I was hoping I could get  some insight from my AWESOME brothers and sisters here on BT.I dont want to be a thorn in the flesh here or cause confusion in anyway.So please if anyone else has something that could help me understand this please feel free to post or feel free to pm me. And again thanks Marques and Kat for your input.thetruth

Gina

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »

Jerry

I haven't read all the replies, but there is a physical spirit that gives physical life--it's what we call the breath of life.  It's the air God gave us to breathe.  It's purely physical in nature.  It serves no other purpose but to make our chests rise and fall as we breathe in and out.  Purely physical.  Can't change a thing in our spiritual hearts or minds.

The Last Adam is a life giving spirit.   

So try and look at it this way:

The Holy Spirit/Comforter renews our (crooked, dishonorable) hearts and minds.  It does what physical air cannot do. 

The physical air (spirit) that makes us alive, but only physically, is a shadow of the way the Holy Spirit will make us really and truly alive.

I hope that helps a little.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 04:07:50 PM »

Hi thetruth,

I agree with Gina, God breaths into all livings creatures the breath of life.

Gen 7:22  of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life...

I would like to add that it is another Spirit/Comforter from God that is given to the Elect now, and all will evenually receive the Holy Spirit also, but now in this life only the chosen few.

John 15:26  And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

So to me the spirit of life is like what Gina was saying, it simply gives physical life, but we all need another Spirit from the Father in order to move on into spiritual LIFE, where our eyes are opened and we can understand spiritual truths. Here is what Ray said in an email about this.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4176.0.html -----------

ALL men (and animals) have a spirit. This spirit gives life to the body and produces soul (feelings, thinking, emotions, etc.). But God dwells in our hearts and minds by way of His HOLY Spirit, which is a different spirit.

God be with you,
        Ray

thetruth

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »

Hello, Gina,and Kat
 Gina thanks for that example that really helps me to undestand.Its funny sometimes how you start to think upon things and realize how little you know about some things...lol...I had never considered this ever, seems a little odd it never come to my mind.I guess thats proof that you never have a bad question?

Kat, thanks to you also as always your very helpful and insightful!And thanks for that last post you shared from Ray:

ALL men (and animals) have a spirit. This spirit gives life to the body and produces soul (feelings, thinking, emotions, etc.). But God dwells in our hearts and minds by way of His HOLY Spirit, which is a different spirit.

God be with you....... So thanks again Marques.Kat.Gina.I knew I could count on your help!If anyone has more I will sure take it!

Duane

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »

thetruth--As Ray likes body, soul, spirit to a television set.
The set    =  body
ON stage  =  spirit (the electricity that brings the to to life)
programming = soul  (thought, personality, emotion or watch-able programs)

When the electricity is turned off the tv "dies"  (spirit is retrieved by God)
The programming and set get "buried" until the resurrection and the NEW BODY will comprise the NEW spirit joining the soul (programming) -- the set will decay and decompose.  It will be replaced by a HEAVENLY Mansion (body).  "In My Father's house are MANY (heavenly bodies of people) mansions".  John 14:6

Hope this helps:  Ray's explanation is the BEST I have ever heard and everybody can understand it!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »

From http://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm

TV ANALOGY: Body, spirit & Soul

Here is an analogy that is applicable and easy to understand: God's spirit gives life to the body. Only in life does a man have consciousness or sensation. When God takes back His spirit, the body and soul are dead.

Picture a TV console as representing the human BODY with all its intricate circuitry and components.
Now picture ELECTRICITY as the invisible, powerful force representing God's life-giving SPIRIT.

Picture the blank PICTURE TUBE as representing the SOUL.

Without the electricity (God's spirit), the TV and picture tube (body and soul) are dead. All the time I hear preachers talking about our souls and our spirits as if they were one and the same. Soul and spirit are not one and the same.

Next plug in the electricity (God's spirit). The TV comes to life, and we see the picture tube (soul) animated. We see color, sound, dancing, singing, talking, intelligent conversations, all live via satellite. The dead TV becomes a living, visible, animated, intelligent entity-"Soul." But notice very carefully, the Soul (the animated picture in the TV tube) is not one of the original components. It is not a component in and by itself, but is rather the result of two other vital components, Body and Spirit (the TV console and electricity).

At bedtime I sometimes tell my daughter to give the TV a rest. When one turns off the "on/off" switch the TV goes to "sleep." The power light is still on, but the TV is blank and silent.

But now, pull the plug and take away the electricity (spirit) and what happens to the TV console (body)? It dies. It's just a box of circuits. Not even the power light is on anymore. If left unplugged it will, in time, decay and return to the dust of the ground.

And what happens to the colorful animated picture on the screen (soul) when we take away the electricity (spirit)? Want the real answer? Ask a child. Let several children watch TV together, then pull the plug and ask them where the picture went? A child will shrug his shoulders or say "I don't know" or say "It disappeared." Guess what? He is Scripturally correct on all three counts.

Without spirit there is no life and no consciousness. Without power a TV has no life and no animated picture. It's dead.

If you were to ask an ancient Hebrew person what happens to the soul (the thinking, feeling, animated, sentient personality of a man) at death, he would shrug his shoulders or say "who knows" or just say "it disappears." That's what "Sheol" meant to the Hebrews. It was a question mark. And the Greeks had their word for the same idea (Hades-the UNSEEN, the IMPERCEPTIBLE), and hades and sheol are synonymous in Scripture (Ps 16:10 & Acts 2:27).

There is one more profound Scriptural truth that is also perfectly analogous to the operation of a TV, and that is this: Picture God's Throne as the Broadcast Headquarters. The TV picture Tube, by itself, is not the source or originator of the picture it portrays on the screen. It is a channel for the signal transmitted from the TV Station and Tower. It can only manifest and portray on its screen that which is sent from the source [God]. And often the source [God] uses intermediaries like satellites [Angels] to relay the signals.

In Scripture, death is called a "return" [Heb. shub]. Before we were born we had no body, no soul, and no perception of any kind. At birth God gave us a body, implanted to us His spirit, which gives the body perception (through the brain and the five senses). At death, we [shub] RETURN. The reversal of what happened at birth. The spirit returns to God (Ecc. 12:7), the body returns to the dust (all the elements of man's body are found in the ground or earth) (Job 10:9, Ecc. 3:18-21), and the soul returns to no perception again (the imperceptible or unseen-hades) (Acts 2:27 and Psalm 49:15). This is what the Scriptures very plainly teach: where all that man "is" came from, that's where all that man "is" returns to.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

thetruth

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 01:14:10 AM »

Thanks Duane,Dave
I have no trouble with understanding of Spirit ,Soul, Body and its function in this exsperience called life.I am trying to come to grips with this "Breathe of life"vs "Spirit of God" if you will.And as i have this quote from my friend Dave:

In Scripture, death is called a "return" [Heb. shub]. Before we were born we had no body, no soul, and no perception of any kind. At birth God gave us a body, implanted to us His spirit.

OK...FIRST let me say I am thankful for what everyone is sharing with me and I respect each one who has posted and have helped me out here.Really very thankful for your help.

But this qoute :implanted to us His Spirit....is were my brain is warping on...lol.

Because if He implanted ...His Spirit... then thats different than this "Breathe of life"Because as I am understanding it.. this Breathe of life is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than The Holy SPIRIT.So which is it ...WHEN God breathed in the nostrills of man...was it The Holy Spirit OR the "breathe of life"? If your tired of dealing with me I dont blame you!thetruth

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 07:41:42 AM »

See 1Corinthians 2:11, which discusses the spirit of man and the Spirit of God.  All living things must have a spirit, given by God, in order to live.  When a man dies, the spirit returns to God Who gave it, the body returns to dust, the soul ceases (goes away).  The spirit in man is different from breath.  Breath is a physical substance.  Spirit is spirit.  It returns to God from which all spirit comes.

Jerry is referring to the term 'breath of life', which is a metaphor for the spirit of man. He's not talking about oxygen.

Jerry, I received your PM but will answer here and hopefully avoid any more confusion:

--- The term 'breathe of life' is a metaphor for the spirit in all living creatures. That's the spirit Ray is referring to in his TV analogy of the human body. Each's one's spirit is unique as it is only sustaining that individual's life, but it does not hold your thoughts/personality. That would be your mind.

--- From your original question:

2 Cor 3:5-6  ...our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit;[a] for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life

This is the Holy Spirit, and the life it gives is 'eonian life'. Eonian life is not simply the ability to live in the next eon. For even the unjust will be resurrected to live in the next eon and beyond.

From 'Universal Salvation' thread (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5071.msg120000.html#msg120000):

Jesus tells us what eonian life is:

John 17:1-3   Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal [eonian] life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal [eonian] life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

So to 'know' the Father and Jesus is what eonian life is. So what does it mean to 'know' Jesus and/or The Father? First, let's see what it means to NOT know Them:

Matt 7:22-23  Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

From Jesus own words, we see that to 'practice lawlessness' is to not know Jesus. What about knowing or NOT knowing the Father?

John 8:19  ...they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”

Just a brief recap: If one practices lawlessness, that means they do not know Jesus. And to not know Jesus means to not know the Father.

Jesus says that eonian life IS to know Him. And to know Him means to know the Father. And obviously, to know them would be to NOT practice lawlessness (myth of free will, anyone?). And this is what eonian life is said to be.

Eonian life does not seem to have anything to do with a duration of time. And neither does eonian correction. They more or less describe a purpose, an action taking place...not a duration of the purpose they describe. But those are just my thoughts from reading the way Jesus talks about it.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Gina

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »

I must be really stupid.   

I thought "breath of life" meant being made alive physically, only physically.  Why can't it mean oxygen?  We can't have a life without oxygen.  Then again plants live off carbon monoxide and fish live off water.   But even those things can't survive without oxygen.

God specifically said he "breathed into his nostrils"  the breath of life.  Why can't it mean air? 

(haha, Do I sound like I'm typing a mile a minute?  lol  Marques, you're throwing me for a loop.  Grrrr...   ;D)

I thought the spirit that returns to God is the thing that causes a person to simply be made physically alive (animated?), and nothing else. 

Then again, you can have the breath of life and be comatose, catatonic.   

Then, when that breath is separated from the body, it goes back to God and the body is inanimate/inoperable/dead.

I thought breath of life meant oxygen.  But then again, babies in the womb don't necessarily live off oxygen there, but they're alive and "breathing" amniotic fluid... and there's oxygen in it and in the mother.

Oh well.   This is a fun interesting thread regardless.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:54:17 AM by Gina »

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »

I must be really stupid.   

I thought "breath of life" meant being made alive physically, only physically.  Why can't it mean oxygen?  We can't have a life without oxygen.  Then again plants live off carbon monoxide and fish live off water.   But even those things can't survive without oxygen.

God specifically said he "breathed into his nostrils"  the breath of life.  Why can't it mean air? 

(haha, Do I sound like I'm typing a mile a minute?  lol  Marques, you're throwing me for a loop.  Grrrr...   ;D)

I thought the spirit that returns to God is the thing that causes a person to simply be made physically alive (animated?), and nothing else. 

Then again, you can have the breath of life and be comatose, catatonic.   

Then, when that breath is separated from the body, it goes back to God and the body is inanimate/operable/dead.

I thought breath of life meant oxygen.  But then again, babies in the womb don't necessarily live off oxygen there, but they're alive and "breathing" amniotic fluid... and there's oxygen in it and in the mother.

Oh well.   This is a fun interesting thread regardless.

Think of Paul's words that JFK referenced:

1 Cor 2:11  For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?

Paul's not asking 'what man knows the things of a man except the oxygen which is in him'. Breath of life is a metaphor, but it's referring to the spirit in a living being and that spirit returns to the Father at death. The oxygen in the body is not returning to God at death.

Marques

Kat

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 01:01:35 PM »

Hi thetruth.

Because if He implanted ...His Spirit... then thats different than this "Breathe of life"Because as I am understanding it.. this Breathe of life is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than The Holy SPIRIT.So which is it ...WHEN God breathed in the nostrills of man...was it The Holy Spirit OR the "breathe of life"?

The breathe of life is the way/process given to each being on this earth to live, because that is the way that God designed it, that we must draw breath to live. It is God that gives life/breath and sustains this process by His spirit to all creatures (man and animal). So it is this spirit of life from God that each creature needs to live in this world and to each being the spirit they have provides what we need to know how to live.

Now God is able to use His Spirit in whatever manner He chooses and to give life to physical creatures is one way He uses it, to give spiritual life is another. So He can use His Spirit in those He chooses in another way, not to provide just physical life, but as a  "Comforter" or "Spirit of truth" or "Holy Spirit," that is required to be indwelling to teach spiritual knowledge (concepts beyond the physical).

John 15:26  And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

God gives life/spirit/breath for us to live this life, to animals and humans. But we requires His Spirit in another way in a different form  so we can move on towards Life in the spiritual realm, which is the indwelling of His Holy Spirit/Comforter which will bring us to a oneness with God, so that we can brought on to Life eonian/immortality.

John 17:22  And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may be one, even as We are one,
v. 23  I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.

It's all of God and He works through His Spirit in all the ways that He needs to to bring about His plan.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Gina

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »

Think of Paul's words that JFK referenced:

1 Cor 2:11  For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?

Paul's not asking 'what man knows the things of a man except the oxygen which is in him'. Breath of life is a metaphor, but it's referring to the spirit in a living being and that spirit returns to the Father at death. The oxygen in the body is not returning to God at death.

Marques

Thanks, Marques.  Now I feel even stupider.  (Is stupider even a word?)

I was thinking the spirit that Paul was talking about was our "soul" or our consciousness.  I thought the breath that God breathed into Adam was the same breath* that we all are given, but that our souls are what are unique -- not our spirit.  I didn't realize our spirits are unique -- isn't that what you said?  It's like everyone's bodies (DNA) are knit together differently/uniquely, and the spirit simply is what makes our bodies animated/come to life -- whereby we become a "unique" living soul.  I mean, to say that the spirit breath is unique for each individual would be like saying that the electricity that makes my hairdryer operate is different from the electricity that makes my stove turn on.  Or something ... like that.    :-\

_________
Edit:  * Ecc. 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Edit #2:  I wouldn't dare claim that oxygen/breath of life is just "oxygen."   It's something magnificent that God gave us and causes us to be made alive and be able to use our minds.  Deprived of it for more than a few minutes, most people become severely brain damaged.   Oxygen can spark life in a drowned person or a heart attack victim who is all but dead.  It's nothing to sneeze at.  It's what God uses to quicken a baby in the womb.  Did I mention that it sparks life?  :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:50:42 PM by Gina »

thetruth

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »

Hello again,Marques.Kat

Marques:--- The term 'breathe of life' is a metaphor for the spirit in all living creatures.

AHH.....Good stuff...Makes sense!

Kat:It's all of God and He works through His Spirit in all the ways that He needs to to bring about His plan.

Great Job Kat!.....I have a Special friend that so beautifully expressed this....Its all of God....to me last night.And its all from the view point in which we see the Mountain.

All things are of God...and all IS One...Its just SO importnant to be able to explain what ever you believe to others and of course be able to do it Biblically.

mharrell08

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »

Thanks, Marques.  Now I feel even stupider.  (Is stupider even a word?)

I was thinking the spirit that Paul was talking about was our "soul" or our consciousness.

Gina, we are living souls [Ezek 18:4, 18:20]. Now with that knowledge, let's try to assume Paul was speaking of soul:

"For what man knows the things of a man except the soul of the man which is in him?"

Two things:

1. Seeing that we are living souls, you then have 'for what soul knows the things of a soul except the soul of the soul which is in him?'. Whether you choose to replace every use in this passage of man to soul or even just one, it still is redundant and does not make sense.

2. The second part of the passage seals it, as it talks about God :

1 Cor 2:11  ... even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The scriptures have the same word in ancient Greek 'pneuma' which is always used to describe a spirit or spiritual nature. God's Spirit is always said to be the 'Holy Spirit', never the Holy Soul.

I thought the breath that God breathed into Adam was the same breath* that we all are given, but that our souls are what are unique -- not our spirit.  I didn't realize our spirits are unique -- isn't that what you said?  It's like everyone's bodies (DNA) are knit together differently/uniquely, and the spirit simply is what makes our bodies animated/come to life -- whereby we become a "unique" living soul.  I mean, to say that the spirit breath is unique for each individual would be like saying that the electricity that makes my hairdryer operate is different from the electricity that makes my stove turn on.  Or something ... like that.    :-\

We can only take the metaphor of likening our spirit to electricity powering a device only so far. Remember, the little girl from Luke 8 who was brought back to life [Luke 8:49-56]. 'Her spirit' is said to have returned to her.

As Paul said, what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man? So the spirit KNOWS the person it indwells. My spirit doesn't know you in this same manner, as yours does not know me. That makes it unique.

_________
Edit:  * Ecc. 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

Yes, us and animals literally have 'one breath'. After that one breath stops, there is nothing we can do to have another. But the 'breath of life' is a metaphor. Not the same thing.

Hope this helps,

Marques

thetruth

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »

Hello.Bt

Glad i asked this question,The further it goes the more understanding is gained!Praise Jesus!

Gina

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »

Marques, Yes, there isn't any such thing as a Holy "soul."  I agree.

Edit:   But this is where I'm getting stumped:

The Lake of Fire - Installment XVI—HELL: Part C - THE ORIGIN OF THE ORIGIN OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT

When God puts your "spirit" (not your soul) but your spirit (which has no consciousness) back into another body (as in a resurrection with a new spiritual body

So, how can it be that the spirit knows when the spirit doesn't have consciousness?  It can't know anything without consciousness.  See why I'm all confused over this?  Not upset or emotional, just confused.  It's really not that big of a deal to me. 

I don't mean to sound argumentative, Marques.  You are a huge blessing to me and the other members of the forum.  I pray you don't think that I'm making a huge deal out of this.  I'm just a little curious, that's all my friend.

Thank you for your time. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:17:53 PM by Gina »

Gina

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »

p.s.  Here is another example of what I'm talking about:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,655.0/nowap.html
Ray,
I am new to searching for my spiritual beliefs. I agree with you that we will not spend eternity in torture. My question is - I think I under stand the definition of reincarnation now. Are you saying that our spirit will become a new being? Maybe more than once until we ascend to heaven to be with GOD. I read that, are spirit will no nothing. Does that mean after one new life to the next our spirit will not remember any of the thing that have happened to us.

To me if we don't retain anything it would be pointless.

I am not saying that is what you meant I'm just asking.

I think every spirit is on a journey and will eventually be with GOD in the end.

I think our lives here are so we can learn feel and experience good and evil. When we are ready to go to heaven is when we learn that evil is bad and don't want it anymore so we can live eternally in good in heaven.  Could you tell me your thoughts on this.

thanks, Aaron

Dear Aaron:

You are not paying attention to my writings. The consciousness is not in the body, and it is not in the spirit. The consciousness of man is in his soul, and his soul is resultant outcome of our spirit being united with a body. God breathed the breath and spirit of life into the man formed from the dust of the ground, and the man then BECAME a living soul. He BECAME conscious of his own being. At death we are no longer conscious of our being or our death. Our spirit must be reunited with a new body in resurrection before we will regain the soul and consciousness that we had before we died.
God be with you,
Ray

(Emphasis mine.)

Ray said, "our spirit" in that last sentence I underlined, and that means the same thing as the breath of life--which has no consciousness.  Anyway,  that's all.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.