bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jim Gaffigan - Bacon. Bippity, boppity bacon.  (Read 9871 times)

Gina

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Jim Gaffigan - Bacon. Bippity, boppity bacon.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »

Bacon,

strips of fat fried to a crisp like a pig caught in a barn fire.
Yuk.  >:(
The one I hate the most at the cafeteria is tasty string green beans contaminated with greasy bacon fat and bacon bits that try to break out your fillings when you chew the beautiful soft green beans.
No body appreciates the flavor of the veggies that God provided for us.
And we wonder why Americans are so unhealthy and obese.
Kosher lamb steaks with bacon strips wrapped around them. What is wrong with this picture? Hmmm

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »

Bob, don't be talkin smack about my bacon.  :P

Craig

Gina

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »

hehe, Bob, you're funny.  Did you notice how Jim said at the end, "What am I doing with all this worthless fruit?"  He's a comedian.  It was a joke.

And, yes, I love bacon.  I love it so much, I plan on marrying it one day.  I've already written my wedding vows to bacon:

"Bacon, I take you to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to eat, till death by swollen, clogged arteries do us part.  I would never, ever cheat on you, my dearest, crispiest bacon.  I love you."

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »

Hey Gina,
Sounds like sacrificial love.
But sacrifice to the idol of bacon.
So then you have an idol of the heart to overcome.
That ought to keep you busy and focused for a few years.

My idol of the heart is munching while watching television.
I can sit with a friend and talk for hours over a cup of tea or coffee,
but put me in front of the t.v. and I need something to munch.
Popped corn, 'tater chips, pretzels etc.

Any suggestions?
Ole Indiana bob

Gina

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »

Oh, Ole I.B., you're just one the most wickedest persons I've ever known -- munchin on lard-laden pretzels and chips in front of the propaganda box like that and all.  You're hell-bound for a lickin.  You're cruisin for a bruisin.  You better stop that, Mister!  ;D

Just kidding.

Craig

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »

My idol of the heart is munching while watching television.
I can sit with a friend and talk for hours over a cup of tea or coffee,
but put me in front of the t.v. and I need something to munch.
Popped corn, 'tater chips, pretzels etc.

Any suggestions?
Ole Indiana bob

Just one....add some bacon.

Gina

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »

Genius.

Craig

Gina

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »

How does one drool in emoticon?

Bob, I'm having that for dinner tonight with a side of bacon.  :-*
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:13:46 PM by Gina »

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 03:13:11 AM »

the smell of bacon cooking in the frying pan reminds me of home as a child.  a very good memory.  yep, i love me some bacon too.  but, i eat it rarely now.

claudia

Gina

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »

Yeah!  Saturday and Sunday morning breakfasts my dad used to make us growing up ... Thank you, Dad!!  :-D   He gave us our choice between bacon and scrapple.  Scrapple... mmmmmm... That was strictly an East Coast thang. 

Scrapple was tastyyyy.

Till I found out what was in it. 

I must say, however, that Trader Joe's has uncured bacon with no nitrates, and yes, I likes me some o' dat.  Occasionally.

(Happy now, Bob?  ;D :-*)

Foxx

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 02:40:14 PM »

If the love of bacon sends you to the Christian hell, perhaps if you have bacon in hell it will at least be hot enough fry some up right?   8)

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »

yay bacon!!!!

cjwood

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »

Gina, dear sweet, desirable, Gina

My Mom used to make a stew or a soup that was kept in the cooler for us to dig into when we got home from school while she was still working. We liked it and we knew what was in it. To this day I like to know what I'm eating and I suppose that is why I eat mostly veggies. I even have veggies during TV. We cut up carrots, cauliflower, Broccoli, radishes, cucumbers etc and add a little sharp cheddar cheese and chomp away until our jaws are sore and there are very few calories so I am able to retire with a reasonably clear conscience. My mother was from Eastern Pa. and we had scrapple during World War 2. It came in loaves and we sliced it and fried in a pan with fresh eggs from our chickens. Like you I didn't eat it much once I found out what was in it.
I don't mind what people eat, but I do think that God wants us to be discerning about our food even though our salvation is not governed by what goes into our stomach. I also believe that God loves/loved his chosen people the Israelites and didn't restrict their food intake just to be mean.
It was sort of a test with a purpose. There is purpose to all of God's commands whether they be physical or spiritual so I give consideration to even the physical instructions and if I err I try to err on the conservative side.
I love sugar and especially in chocolate. It is a daily struggle to avoid the temptation, but I do work at it because I believe it is good for my health.
In like manner I limit my intake of meats particularly red meats because I think that I should. It is not a matter of salvation, but it's what I do for myself.

Just some thoughts from an old codger. Indiana Bob

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 05:03:10 AM »

ok. i need to go to bed, but i've been thinking about this thread.  i'm just gonna ask it, if pigs were not created for consumption by humans, what in the heyy are they here for?  just wondering out loud.

claudia

Gina

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 09:53:42 AM »

Pshhh...  That's easy.  They were made to have a place for demons to be cast into.  What?!! It's TRUE!    >:( :D :P ;)

Gina

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »

If the love of bacon sends you to the Christian hell, perhaps if you have bacon in hell it will at least be hot enough fry some up right?   8)

Foxx, that wouldn't be hell IMHO.   No siree, Bob.  I'd name that place "Scrumptious Ville."  ;D

Gina

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »

Gina, dear sweet, desirable, Gina

My Mom used to make a stew or a soup that was kept in the cooler for us to dig into when we got home from school while she was still working. We liked it and we knew what was in it. To this day I like to know what I'm eating and I suppose that is why I eat mostly veggies. I even have veggies during TV. We cut up carrots, cauliflower, Broccoli, radishes, cucumbers etc and add a little sharp cheddar cheese and chomp away until our jaws are sore and there are very few calories so I am able to retire with a reasonably clear conscience. My mother was from Eastern Pa. and we had scrapple during World War 2. It came in loaves and we sliced it and fried in a pan with fresh eggs from our chickens. Like you I didn't eat it much once I found out what was in it.
I don't mind what people eat, but I do think that God wants us to be discerning about our food even though our salvation is not governed by what goes into our stomach. I also believe that God loves/loved his chosen people the Israelites and didn't restrict their food intake just to be mean.
It was sort of a test with a purpose. There is purpose to all of God's commands whether they be physical or spiritual so I give consideration to even the physical instructions and if I err I try to err on the conservative side.
I love sugar and especially in chocolate. It is a daily struggle to avoid the temptation, but I do work at it because I believe it is good for my health.
In like manner I limit my intake of meats particularly red meats because I think that I should. It is not a matter of salvation, but it's what I do for myself.

Just some thoughts from an old codger. Indiana Bob

Dearest, Sweetest Bob.  The veggie dish sounds like the goulash my dad used to make us when we ran out of all the good food. 

Just ribbin ya a little, Bob.

My daughter Carli would love you.  She's all into vegan foods.  She doesn't even heat her food--she's completely raw.  Now that I'm living apart from her, I'm finding I'm eating more meat, which is odd for me, because I agree with you--we should be very careful about what goes into our bodies.  Everything in moderation.  Don't be overly-righteous much.  The kingdom is not meat or drink.   And all that jazz.   But anyway...

I thought you might enjoy some pictures (below) I took about a week ago, just before I went on about a four-mile walk (it was such a nice walk).  I get my oranges  (pesticide free!) from a kind man down the street from me who owns an orange orchard:

Here's a picture of one of his orange trees.  Isn't it beautiful?  He's got hundreds of them. 

This next picture is of the owner of the orchard (he's so sweet) with his daughter.  They let me take this picture.  I looked at him and said, "You're famous now!"  (knowing I'd be posting it here for you all to see).

And this last picture is of the stand where they place the fruit and you'll see a box where we put our money.  It's all on the honor system.  No one stands around watching you or anything.  It's so dreamy.  The trust, I mean. 

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:27:33 AM by Gina »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.