bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lean on Him  (Read 5080 times)

jerry

lean on Him
« on: July 18, 2006, 02:40:24 AM »

How much should we depend on God and the  holy spirit for answers when others dont have what we need, does'nt God give answers to anyone who ask if they study and pray?

nightmare sasuke

Re: lean on Him
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 02:49:08 AM »

How much should we depend on God and the  holy spirit for answers when others dont have what we need, does'nt God give answers to anyone who ask if they study and pray?

God gives answers, but sometimes he makes us work very hard to find them (Pro 2:4-5).

jerry

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 03:23:32 AM »

Inside knew the last church was wrong on some major teachings,because I read my bible and prayed and meditated through the day.but there were certain areas I was afraid to act on,I would catch myself thinking about them while working or driveing and in an instant I blocked them out,I use to think god was going to save all mankind at some poit but I'd block it out,and on the teaching on the law I had the same thoughts,I rememer asking a freind in church if we were under the ten commandments or christ law.at the same time I would go home and pray and ask god to please help me uderstand his word,the thing is he was giving me the answers through his spirit in me but I just for some reason would not trust Him,I remember reading some of the stuff on bible truth and I would say to myself I remeber thinking that,somehow my spirit already knew things my carnal mind would not except.I need to learn to trust got more for answers.,....Jerry

ciy

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:49:08 AM »

Jerry

You bring up something I would imagine most people if not all people on this forum experience.  I knew these truths for a long time, I was just boxed up in the "world" by their so called truths and could not find a place for the true truths.  Then for some reason I left the world and came out into the wilderness and by the foolishness of preaching the truth became solid foundation that is so clear now.  There are still some hazy points, but now I press on knowing more of the truth and being set free daily as I fight the fight of faith day by day. 

Love really is the answer.  The love of God.  Beginning to realize just how big God's love is toward us.  Not to be able yet to fathom his love, but to realize it is there and more than we can ask or imagine.

CIY

mongoose

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »

jerry,  It is a hard lesson for me to learn but God has been teaching me to not rely on others to learn about Him (or to learn anything).  Ultimately, it is Him doing all the teaching anyway...at His pace.  He will continue to guide you as He draws you to Himself. 

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.  1 John 2:27

It is all God.  And He does things at His own pace according to His will.  I too spent a lot of time trying to fit into the world system as you describe yourself doing.  The teachings at bible truths opened up my eyes and explained a few things that I was struggling with that kept me from trusting and believing the truth.  From others here, this seems to be a part of the progression we are all going through.  Seek God, here and whereever His Spirit leads you.  He is faithful to His promises and will finish this work He has begun in you.  He has broken my heart and brought me to my knees with nowhere to turn but Him so many times.  And I finally think I am perhaps just beginning to learn to lean only on Him.  Ciy makes a great point.....a turning point for me was when He started to teach me that I cannot even conceive of how much He loves each and everyone of us, it is so much more than I could ever imagine.

mongoose

jerry

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 11:10:47 PM »

I feel my most free when I finaly understood the fact that god is doing his will in me,when I lay down the fight against the inevitable,now I think I better understand when  jesus said,thy will be done,Its not that I have any control over his will,but I except it.now I understand that we have as much controll over our salvation as the light did when he said,let there be light......Jerry

orion77

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 01:27:29 AM »

Jesus is our example and Lord.  If we had freewill, when He went to pray in the garden before being crucified, He would of run from there as fast as He could.   Besides, He said he could of sent legions of angels to protect Him.  It was not His will, but the Fathers, and He accepted it, and so should we.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.