bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone unpack this for me??  (Read 5238 times)

tau

Can someone unpack this for me??
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:11:04 PM »

Hello Great Family, I take all of you are well.

There is a question that has been burning holes in my mind, can't quiet work it out. So here goes my question; In the beginning God created the heavens and earth. God also created created Adam and placed him in the garden with a mammoth task of naming all animals. Now, somewhere in Ray's teachings, Ray demonstrate by way of example that one of the animals that Adam had to  name was the great reptile(s) - I am understanding this to mean dianosour??  :-[ I am not sure if I am making sense. I was of the view that dianosours lived millions of years ago before they were extinct? If that happens to be the case, then, when exactly did man (humanity in general, Adam in particular) first was created, what i mean is I thought humanity in general is about 6000 years old from the advent of Adam, or have I completely misunderstood this? :-\ a little help in the history lesson will be much appreciated. ;D

tau

SDDiver

Re: Can someone unpack this for me??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 05:37:47 PM »

I also understand this to be symbolic. Perhaps we must all name our animals (beasts) at some point in life.

1 Cor 10:11 ... all these things happened unto them for ensamples...

Duane

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:26:45 AM »

My father always brought to my attention that scripture is usually just the opposite of human evolution.
God created man as fully developed and with a mind that could name all the animals and remember them the next day to repeat them!  Evolution has man coming from sea to land, to all fours, to upright to being more mentally capable at each juncture. 
Man gets smarter with time vs. man gets more limited in mental capacity with time. 
NOT TO TEACH, but just observe how that before the "time of writing", he disciples and general public had to hear long sermons and debates at places like the Greek "public forums" and be able to recall hours of talking point by point.  ie: Sermon on the Mount and all the parables of Jesus recalled with ACCURACY from many different memories. 
Can we, TODAY, even remember a 45 minute sermon from Sunday to Monday?  What if we had to repeat the sermon verbatim for historical accounting-- could we do??  Actually, what PERCENTAGE of what a teacher says in a classroom is retained?  SELAH!   (Selah--used a lot in the Psalms means "pause and think on these things.) 

bpenelli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:37:47 AM »

Nashville Conference 2008 . . . . . . . . . Postscript
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9130.msg76396.html#msg76396
What do scientists tell us comes next on the scene?  Very ancient sea life.  These are in the lowest stratas ancient Sea life.  What do the scriptures tell us?  “God said let the waters bring forth abundantly” (Gen. 1:20).  Where did life start?  Little things in the water.  Then what came next?  More complex life, amphibians are next, right.   What do we have next here?  “God created great whales” (Gen. 1:21), but the word is tanniyn.  They’re reptiles, it’s the same word used interchangeably with snakes.  Where Moses’ staff turned into a snake, a serpent, in another version it says it turned into a tanniyn.  So a tanniyn has got to be in the serpent family.  These tanniyn were dinosaurs.

Then on the fifth day we have mammals and cattle and finally humans.  What does the geological records show?  After the plant life, early sea life, then amphibians, then animals, then cattle, then humans.  Exactly like Genesis says, exactly.  It’s amazing.

Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Gina

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »

Hi, Tau

I consider that there are new species of animals, birds and bugs and things being discovered all the time -- even as of late.  Researchers/scientists must first study them and then assign them names according to what they are.  And we usually get a Yahoo news article or what have you "Scientists just discovered a new species of ...."   My point is, if every animal, etc., was already named by "Adam" then how come scientists are finding new ones all the time? 

Re the dinosaurs and when Adam was created (or rather, "made), this email should help you in your studies:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10158.0/nowap.html

Was adam & eve the first and only two people on earth in the beginning or were there other people too?

Dear Maureen: 

I'm afraid your question is not clear.  What do you mean by "in the beginning?"  At any point in time if there are "other people" in the world, it CANNOT be "the beginning." 

If you mean: "Were Adam and Eve the first and only humans on the earth at the end of the creation day [period] six," then I would answer, "No."  Humankind appears to go back tens of thousands of years further than the six  thousand or so years of genealogy attributed to Adam in the book of Genesis

Before Adam there was  "no man TO TILL the soil," not that there was "no man" period

Did Cain marry someone other than his own sister?  Who was Cain afraid would kill him before there were any other named humans on earth besides his parents? Etc.  

Listen to my tapes on this subject from the Nashville Conference.

God be with you,

Ray

(Emphasis mine.)

p.s.  I'm not insinuating that mankind and dinosaurs existed at the same.  Whatever caused the dinosaurs to become extinct would have made mankind extinct for sure.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:44:13 AM by Gina »

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »

Hello Great Family, I take all of you are well.

There is a question that has been burning holes in my mind, can't quiet work it out. So here goes my question; In the beginning God created the heavens and earth. God also created created Adam and placed him in the garden with a mammoth task of naming all animals. Now, somewhere in Ray's teachings, Ray demonstrate by way of example that one of the animals that Adam had to  name was the great reptile(s) - I am understanding this to mean dianosour??  :-[ I am not sure if I am making sense. I was of the view that dianosours lived millions of years ago before they were extinct? If that happens to be the case, then, when exactly did man (humanity in general, Adam in particular) first was created, what i mean is I thought humanity in general is about 6000 years old from the advent of Adam, or have I completely misunderstood this? :-\ a little help in the history lesson will be much appreciated. ;D

tau

The scriptures don't say that Adam named the dinosaurs. God simply told Moses He created them before humans.

tau

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »

Much appreciated, it was perspective I was looking for, I am now at ease  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.