bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The current 'cold snap' in Europe  (Read 5509 times)

Shawn Fainn

The current 'cold snap' in Europe
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »

Just wondered if anyone has been paying attention to the weather changes in Europe and had any thoughts on it.

Here's a link:

http://westernfrontamerica.com/2012/02/14/tragedy-unfolding-europe-media-ignore/

There's talk of a 'New Ice Age' beginning around 2014..

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The current 'cold snap' in Europe
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 02:11:14 PM »

I've been following it. Before each ice-age (about every 12,000 years) comes a period of warming.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »

I've been following it. Before each ice-age (about every 12,000 years) comes a period of warming.

Apparently our last glacial period was about ~12,500 years ago, I believe. So they're saying we're about due for this interglacial period to end.

Here's another link:

"New Ice Age to Begin in 2014"

http://iceagenow.info/2012/02/ice-age-2014/

Been reading some of the comments and links from that site. I'll admit, it's all pretty new to me. But very interesting reads..

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »

And when the Ice age hits, some political pundit will blame it on Global warming, I take that back we now call if "climate change"

Craig

Samson

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

Just wondered if anyone has been paying attention to the weather changes in Europe and had any thoughts on it.

Here's a link:

http://westernfrontamerica.com/2012/02/14/tragedy-unfolding-europe-media-ignore/

There's talk of a 'New Ice Age' beginning around 2014..

Yes Hudson,

They are getting slammed on the other side of the Northern Hemisphere, but I'm kind of thankful that the area I live in, the Northeast is having a mild and mostly dry Winter. It sounds selfish, admittedly, but with my two leg injuries in February and My Father in Law's broken leg, it would be worse than it might have been. I told My wife that if Our area had some serious weather problems this Winter, there's virtually no way I would have made it to work. I thank God for sparing Me that additional problem.

I did read something about the reason for the extremely cold and brutal weather that they are having in Europe/Asia, has something to do with an Air Mass that's pulling the frigid Artic air in that direction and sparing Our side of the Northern Hemisphere. I remember telling a workmate that "We" were do for a good Winter. The last Winter that I can remember being this mild and dry was 1998, there could have been another since then, but I don't recall.

Good Topic, Thanks, Samson.

P.S. I consider myself a Weather Watching Fanatic, even Neurotic, checking it numerous times a day. I think I've watched almost every weather related disaster Movie that there is,  ;).

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 01:52:12 AM »

Well there goes my plans to move to Europe.
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »

Well there goes my plans to move to Europe.

Not to worry, God can train you wherever you live and there is no where that we can hide.
Bob

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:06:54 PM »

And when the Ice age hits, some political pundit will blame it on Global warming, I take that back we now call if "climate change"

Craig

It will officially kill that debate, for sure :D

onelovedread

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »

Will this cold snap result in a population explosion in Europe? Cold times bring people together for added warmth. And you know how it is with combustion, right? Not sure if that's going to be good for the European Union with its many troubled economies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.