bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is the honest to God truth  (Read 14458 times)

Gina

Re: This is the honest to God truth
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 01:21:18 AM »

My youngest daughter loves Bob Marley. 

John, Claudia, everybody, throw up some links to your favorite musicians.

Jerry mentioned Pink Floyd and this is my favorite Pink Floyd tune.  I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVShT6nVTA&feature=fvsr

The lyrics are hysterical and oddly familiar ;-).  Written from the perspective of the band's signing agent (or whatever you call them):

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far, you're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die, you're gonna make it if you try;they're gonna love you.
Well I've always had a deep respect, and I mean that most sincerely.
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
we call it Riding the Gravy Train.
We're just knocked out.
We heard about the sell out.
You gotta get an album out,
You owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.
Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
It's a helluva start, it could be made into a monster
if we all pull together as a team.
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy
we call it Riding the Gravy Train.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 01:52:35 AM »

My dad was a huge pink floyd fan. Mine would be a toss up between Van Halen and Kiss. If Gene Simmons can be saved, then truly we do have an amazing God  ;D

Gina

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 03:14:36 AM »

haha, Shawwwnn. 

Yeah, all my Jr. High School girlie friends loved Kiss.  Mmm.HM! 

I was raised on Joni Mitchell, Herb Alpert, Ray Charles, Jimmy Hendrix ("Only the best guitarist ever to have lived." ~brother Scott), Zeppelin (Jimmy Page--second-best guitarist ever, same brother lol), Springsteen, Alice Cooper, Floyd, Deep Purple, Janice Joplin, Steely Dan, Lawrence Welk & Tom Jones (Thanks Mom!!  lol) and Christmas Music and you name it! 

Not a trace of Elvis or the Beatles--well, except for my friend, Melinda Lovejoy (isn't that a cool name?).  She had every single, solitary Beatles' album (vinyl back then, lol).  We were five and she played them whenever I went to visit her.  We were friends for about a year.  ;) 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:18:27 AM by Gina »

thetruth

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 10:34:34 AM »

Hello again: Jimmy Hendrix ("Only the best guitarist ever to have lived." ~brother Scott), Zeppelin (Jimmy Page--second-best guitarist ever, same brother lol

...as per your quote: Hendrix...now there is a good one.I would say Randy Rhodes has a nice shot at number 2 as second-best guitarist ever.Though i know of many who think his the best.Jimmy page is awesome though.SAW him with the Firm in Atlanta in the Omni...it was great and saw Eric Clapton the next night.One that hasnt been mentioned also The Rolloing Stones I won 2 tickets off a radio station and went to see them in Birmingham on the KDF...BUS .WHAT STORIES I COULD TELL YOU.... HAHA.
One the buses broke down and they had to put us all on the same bus.We all sang Rolling Stones songs all the way  there.When my sister married her name changed to Stone.When she  had a son and i begged her to name him Rolling...but she would not...lol..AHH...MEMORIES,,,THAT REMIND YOU HOW FAR THE FATHER has brought you!

Gina

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »

One the buses broke down and they had to put us all on the same bus.We all sang Rolling Stones songs all the way  there.When my sister married her name changed to Stone.When she  had a son and i begged her to name him Rolling...but she would not...lol..AHH...MEMORIES,,,THAT REMIND YOU HOW FAR THE FATHER has brought you!

I knew I forgot one-- the Rolling Stones.  I wouldn't have named him Rolling either.  haha  -- Imagine how old it would get to constantly hear "Moss don't grow on a..."   Ya know?

hehe

thetruth

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »

Gina,
AHH...Motherly love...lol

onelovedread

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »

"If Gene Simmons can be saved, then truly we do have an amazing God  "
Hudson, that's funny as hell:)

Hey Gina, turns out that my mom raised me on almost the exact same music as that on which you were raised. Just throw in some Coltrane, Ellington, Basie, Nat Cole and Frank Sinatra. I agree with octoberose's comment on your Mom. She's truly beautiful.

One of the first things I rejoiced about when I learned that there's no hell is that so many of my deceased relatives will be eventually saved and we will see each other in the future. I lost my cousin, Garth last year and it was most comforting to know that it's not the end of him.

Duane

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 02:13:20 AM »

How did I feel when I realized that hell was a myth?
I hit (predicted) it EXACTLY right!  A-L-O-N-E!

My JOY of FINALLY knowing the TRUTH-made me want to SHARE it "from the roof tops" so I did!
The "joyous news of JESUS the SAVIOR" quickly turned smiles to frowns/ruffled feathers/ to hostility!

then C-R-I-T-C-I-Z-E-D  (You ALWAYS were different!! A MILLIONS of PEOPLE believe--then there's
                                  Duane, who always thinks and does things HIS WAY! Shouldn't be surprised!)

then S-C-R-U-T-I-N-I-Z-E-D  (HOW could you EVER---?  You mean ALL the "great men of faith" were
                                           WRONG--but now you have this NEW DOCTRINE that's RIGHT!!)

then T-H-R-E-A-T-E-N-E-D  (IF you CONTINUE in this heretical way---!)

then O-S-T-R-I-C-I-Z-E-D   (we can no longer have fellowship with you ---if--)

then P-L-E-A-D-E-D W-I-T-H  (PLEASE don't spread this (heresy) around to people and be LEADING
                                           THEM straight to hell!  You WILL ANSWER TO GOD!!  Don't tell!!!)
                                            and PLEASE DON'T use FACEBOOK as a "bully pulpit" for your "stuff"!)

A-L-O-N-E --with a CROWD of my FAVORITE PEOPLE--B-T'ERS!!

Gina

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:57 AM »

"If Gene Simmons can be saved, then truly we do have an amazing God  "
Hudson, that's funny as hell:)

Hey Gina, turns out that my mom raised me on almost the exact same music as that on which you were raised. Just throw in some Coltrane, Ellington, Basie, Nat Cole and Frank Sinatra. I agree with octoberose's comment on your Mom. She's truly beautiful.

One of the first things I rejoiced about when I learned that there's no hell is that so many of my deceased relatives will be eventually saved and we will see each other in the future. I lost my cousin, Garth last year and it was most comforting to know that it's not the end of him.

Frankie baby--old blue eyes.  I've started liking him more now that I'm more "mature." hehe.  And I love big band music/swing..   Eeee --  gives me a thrill. 

My mom--yeah, she was very beautiful inside and out.  She had this little girl's voice contrasted with this intelligent, dry sense of humor.  haha.  She was very, very cool.  Loving and generous towards us.  Sweet and fun -- like Octoberose said.  That's her in a nutshell.  Thank you. :)

It's very comforting to know that we'll see our loved ones again.  We are very blessed.   (I'll be looking forward to meeting my future brother -- Garth.  Now, that's a great name.)

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 05:22:51 AM »

I remember one of my first thoughts of my most wonderful day "Hey! We've been lied to for so long".

Gina

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »

Right.  I remember finding the site while I was at work one day.  I was upset because I was trying to figure out how I was going to be saved seeing how I wasn't able and willing for that matter to tithe 10 percent of my income.  I was working two jobs in addition to my full-time job (not every day) to support myself and my daughter and pay the tuition for my daughter's school.  The pastor at my church had just given the congregation the "tithe" speech.  He could tell by the looks on some of our faces that some of us weren't pleased with what he was saying, so to sum up his message he laughed and made a snide remark, "When you throw a shoe into a pack of dogs, the one that yipes is the one that got hit. hahahahaa"   

>:(

So, about a week went by and I got up the nerve to google "is tithing scriptural."  I was literally terrified of questioning "god's" word.  I remember thinking to myself, You're so going to hell, Gina, you greedy, ungrateful, money-hungry, you-know-what.

But thank God !!  Bible-truth.com was about the second link from the top.  I think Dr. Martin's was the first link. 

I remember reading the tithing article when I got home and was elated.  But when I read the letters to Kennedy and Hagee I remember just being absolutely g-l-u-e-d.  I felt like I was walking on air for about the first year or two afterward.  Suddenly I loved everybody. I felt more compassion for everybody.   It's like my insides were changed.  My whole outlook changed.   I could feel my body and mind just relax but I was supercharged with excitement and joy at the same time.  I'd never felt that way before. 

Well, except for the morphine shots they gave me in the hospital when I was giving birth.  That is about as close as I can describe the way I felt.

It was like I'd been in some dark, dank prison for many years and someone came along and unlocked a huge wrought iron gate and said, You are free to roam about the country.

Thank you!!  Gee, lemme see, who can I take with me?  So, like Duane and many of us here, I went around telling everyone I could think of the good news.  I was amazed that not very many were as thrilled about it as I was.  But then the real work started.  The more articles and papers Ray put out, the more I had to search inside myself and really examine myself and it has not been that easy to say the least, but it never gets old.  His papers aren't like a pair of Nike's.  They never wear out.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:50:25 AM by Gina »

thetruth

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »

Hello,

Duane...very good post!enjoyed it.

Gina...Great testimoney!...testi....money!

Love all you BT...ERS!

River

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »

Once I realized that hell was a lie, I wondered how much other information all in my life was complete bull as well. And from my constant studies I see there is no end of it. Ignorant is what we are.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »

River, it's funny how the tearing down of one lie can lead to a domino effect on the others. That's one of the reasons i still post various bt articles and videos, etc on fb from time to time.

Gina

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 11:29:30 PM »

River,

I'm sort of what you might call a linquistic artist.   ;D  Really, I am.  It's such a blessing and a gift.

I respectfully submit that we were ignorant. :)  We're not anymore,entirely.  Not entirely.  Well, maybe not all of us, entirely.  But you never know, we could all be of like-mind; we know we will all be like-minded one day.  But today probably isn't that day?  Or it could be, I don't know.  It's still a mystery.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

River

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 03:44:23 AM »

If you want to think you were ignorant so be it. My posts are just me talking, they are not anything so great that anyone should be concerned about what I am saying. For me I know I am ignorant. I would be dishonest if I said anything to the contrary. I have things I think are true and of course I must stand on them at the time. When I say "we are all ignorant" it is just my thoughts and my belief, it doesn't mean that you really are ignorant. Just how I see it.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:23 AM »

The is many diferent levels and degrees of Ignorance. Just as there is many levels and different degrees of mistakes we make; everyone individually have his own take and we will be judged in according to our actions.

There is no need to put in defensive regarding if 'we are' or 'we were' ignorant, both sides can be true. There is so many things in life we are still ignorant. Regarding the plan of salvation of all and the main basics of it, we are not any longer ignorant. And when we know something is wrong and still make those mistakes wilfully, ignorace will no longer justify us, because now we know better.

One day we will ALL be of like mind!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:55:54 PM by Moises »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.