bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the "little book"?  (Read 5112 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
What is the "little book"?
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »

Rev 10:9  And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Rev 10:10  And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

longhorn

Re: What is the "little book"?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »

The " Little Book " in Rev 10 is simply ALL OF GOD'S WORD from Genesis to Revelation.

In Christ

Longhorn

Gina

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:45:31 PM »

Jeremiah 15:16 When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.

Ezekiel 2:8 But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you."

Ezekiel 3:1 And he said to me, "Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the house of Israel."

Ezekiel 3:3 Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

Memme

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »

Hi all!

I thought 'little book' symbolizes OUR life that is within THE book of the Lamb.  It is 'sweet' on our tongue but when we truly see (digest) it, it becomes bitter.  I think I have some notes on the subject from a study but couldn't find them yesterday.  I'll try to dig those out.... 'I'll be back....'    :D

Memme

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »

Eze 2:1-10:  "And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.  And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.  And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, [even] unto this very day. For [they are] impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they [are] a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them. And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns [be] with thee,and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they [be] a rebellious house.  And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they [are] most rebellious. But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.  And when I looked, behold, an hand [was] sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book [was] therein; And he spread it before me; and it [was] written within and without: and [there was] written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

I believe the ‘little book’ spoken of in Rev is a ‘chapter’ (our witness/life—don’t know what other word to use) of HIS book of life given to us as a 'rebellious' people when we are given His Spirit.  Ez 3:1:  Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel and it was sweet as honey (vs 3) but was ‘filled with lamentations, mourning and woe’."  Christ told us to 'eat' His body and 'drink' His blood...and, Joh 6:57:  "As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me."  And, we are told HE is the 'bread of life'.  He tells us in this same chapter that ‘my words are SPIRIT and are life’. 

Going back to Ez 3: vs 14:  "So the Spirit lifted me up, and took me away; and I went [to witness to Israel (vs 1)] in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; and the hand of Jehovah was strong upon me.

We eat the true bread from heaven when given spiritual understanding and eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Christ is all one.  The same nourishing diet feeds and nourishes us to "be witnesses unto Christ".  This "little book" is a product (if you will) or part of the book of the Lamb (His words/life) and when we eat His book He is living in and nourishing us; His spiritual words are ‘sweet’ on our tongue’ but become ‘bitter’ as we see that we must suffer tribulations (lamentations, mourning, woe) to enter the kingdom (Act 14:22).  This little book is Christ's testimony in our lives that we have "eaten His flesh and we have drunk of His blood in the New Testament".  It ‘signifies:  ‘eating Christ; drinking His blood, and the ‘bread of life’.   Christ says that He "will raise him up at the last day."  1Jn 4:17:  "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."  Today is that ‘day of judgment’ for the elect in every generation. (1Pe 4:17).

I may be wrong, of course, but that is the way I understand it spiritually at present….if anyone sees any unscriptural ‘thinking’ in my explanation, please let me know! 
In Him!

Kat

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »

Hi Memme,

Good post, I think you stated that very well.

Just like the 'little book' seems to represent Christ in our life, that we must eat/internalize/experience. We can also see other places in Scriptures that 'eating' does represent something we must experience, as with Adam and Eve. Though I believe it was a literal event, it represented something far greater, just as they ate the fruit, we are eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, that is what we are doing by eating/experiencing this life. It is necessary to eat/experience this life, good and evil, to be made into the image of God, first the physical then the spiritual, first the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then the Tree of Life.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.