bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marriage - A funny (though cynical?) view  (Read 5240 times)

onelovedread

Marriage - A funny (though cynical?) view
« on: February 28, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. ???

Marriages are made in heaven. But, then again, so are thunder, lightening, tornadoes and tsunamis. ;)

Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution? :-\

I never knew what real happiness was until I got married. And by then it was too late. ::)

In my house I’m the boss, my wife is just the decision maker. :-X

I fell in love at first sight… I should have looked twice. :(

Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy :-X

My husband said he needed more space. So I locked him outside >:(

Marriage is like a phone call in the night: first the ring, and then you wake up :-[

When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her ;D

A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he’s finished :-\

Compromise: An amiable arrangement between husband and wife whereby they agree to let her have her own way :)

I’ve had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn’t ::)

Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays ;D

“I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.” 8)

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can’t face each other, but still they stay together ???

When I married Ms Right, I didn’t know her first name was “Always”! >:(

Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding, economical, and a good cook…. But the law allows only one wife :-X

Samson

Re: Marriage - A funny (though cynical?) view
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »

Priceless, absolutely priceless,  ;D.

My Favorites !

When I married Ms Right, I didn’t know her first name was “Always”! >:(

I’ve had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn’t ::)

Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding, economical, and a good cook…. But the law allows only one wife :-X

When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her ;D

Thanks for sharing the levity, Samson,  ;)

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »

''And this I say, brethren, the time henceforth is having been shortened--that both those having wives may be as not having'' 1 Corinthians 7:29

See?

ps. Samson, I hope your comment doesn't take you in troubles...  ;)

Samson

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »

''And this I say, brethren, the time henceforth is having been shortened--that both those having wives may be as not having'' 1 Corinthians 7:29

See?

ps. Samson, I hope your comment doesn't take you in troubles...  ;)

No Moises,

My wife already read the list, She knows I didn't apply it to her,  ;). I used to be Marriage to someone that exemplified #1 from My list of favorites, Oh Well, no need to worry about that one Now.

More worried about my Quadriceps Tendon on right leg, think it might have a partial tear, although it can't be ruptured or I wouldn't be walking at all. These are the things one has to worry about when you can't afford Medical coverage and your over 55, but not eligible for Medicare/Medicaid.

Carry On, Samson.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:16:30 PM by Samson »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »

Samson, You are so lucky to have a wife that have the same main believes about the Scriptures.

I hope your leg gets better. I will pray for you.

Moises

ps. (God save me from that scary list!)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 03:06:43 AM »

Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays ;D

[/quote]

yes indeed, thank you for sharing the levity.  i enjoyed all of the list, but especially laughed out loud on the one i've bolded above.  the laughter was much needed tonite. 

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.