bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pityriasis rosea  (Read 10434 times)

AK4

Pityriasis rosea
« on: March 13, 2012, 12:44:12 AM »

Im just wondering if any one else here has gotten this "disease"/"virus"/"rash" etc.  I got it about (depending on what time you count as a diagnosis) 3 weeks ago and it supposed to run its course in 6-12 weeks (sometimes longer reading other peoples horror story about this).  Its a horrible  "disease"/"virus"/"rash" etc. I say its a horrible  "disease"/"virus"/"rash" etc because no one (doctors included) really knows what causes it and/or where it comes from or truly any other information to help you through it.

Just wondering if any one else has or is experiencing this and if maybe we can share our "war story".  Here is a link about this  "disease"/"virus"/"rash" etc

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/pityriasis-rosea-topic-overview

I thank God that this should only be a temporary thing but its "hell" to go through--mentally.

Anyone else?

ps its all over my body and itches terribly at times. If i could show you guys a picture of it on me.....  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

AK4

Re: Pityriasis rosea
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »

Hello Journey,

I will try on a small area but they say there is nothing that gets rid of this and there is no medicine that will speed it up or slow it down.  Everything they prescribe or tell you to use is just really anti-itch creams to help you deal with it.  They say it just has to run its course.  I will try it on a small area though since it is all over my body and i do mean all over except the palms of my hands and the sole of my feet (if it was on those areas then its a whole other different disease (syphillis)).  When the doc said they had to check for that i wasnt worried because i havent been doing anything for a very long time.

They say its rare to get it on your face but good ole lucky me i only really got it on my left side of my face.  I feel like Two-face from Batman lol. 

Tell Grace thanks and i will let her know the outcome.  If it works maybe when some googles up this horrible "rash/disease/virus" will lead someone to this forum and and they start reading everything else....Maybe theres higher meaning of it all. I dont know.  Just trying to stay in high spirits because this thing just destroys your self esteem.

Thanks again

Anthony

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »

Here is the good side.

Symptoms may be reduced with topical treatment or taking extra precaution to prevent overheating, and the rash will usually clear on its own in six to eight weeks. Once a person has pityriasis rosea, they generally have lifelong immunity.

AK4

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »

Here is the good side.

Symptoms may be reduced with topical treatment or taking extra precaution to prevent overheating, and the rash will usually clear on its own in six to eight weeks. Once a person has pityriasis rosea, they generally have lifelong immunity.

Hello Craig

Yes i did notice that but after reading others stories, whether if someones telling the truth or not (but i dont see why they would lie about something like this, but who knows), some people said they have had reocurrences of it.  I read one guys story who said after 20 years from his first outbreak he got it again.  One person said they got at 13 and every year till they were 21 they kept getting it.  I dont know if maybe they tried some kind of remedy that  didnt let this thing fully develop and go away so they immune system could build up a defense so it wont come back again or if in general they have a weak immune system.

Me personally i was prescribe prednisone and to take benadryl.  I took the prednisone and benadryl for a week and that those made me feel like i was dying all day long and i was terrified of falling asleep, scared i wouldnt wake up again.  So i stop taking them.  First i thought it was the benadryl so i was taking the prednisone by itself and the same feeling happened so i stop taking that too and i felt alot better.  I told my doc i would rather deal with the itching than deal with feeling like i was dying all day long and scared to go to sleep. 

All in all, the prednisone, i will give it some credit because it was keeping it from outbreaking all over my body real bad but really not by much---i could only tell the difference after i stop taking it but then again that is the way this "disease" is, you should breakout everywhere.

I had decided to just let me get the full worse of it now, get it over with, pray CONSTANTLY that it wont last past 3 months like some who said they even had for over a year, pray the scars go away like its supposed to and pray that i never get it again (basically building up a strong immunity to it). 

I will say though about the pills they gave---ive never been one to take medicine ever not even aspirin for headaches so maybe those pills hit me real hard.

I pray and probably for the rest of life will pray that i never get it again like some.

Anthony

newoldstock

the reasons that I received a medical deferment from the draft. I also had severe eczema at the time along with high blood pressure and some hearing loss in the right ear (turned out to be excessive ear wax  :P). I would have been on my way to Viet Nam. I was miserable with it. I think that I was taking cortisone and pain medication such as Percocet. I also used Calamine lotion. I have never had a re-occurrence. God bless.

AK4

the reasons that I received a medical deferment from the draft. I also had severe eczema at the time along with high blood pressure and some hearing loss in the right ear (turned out to be excessive ear wax  :P). I would have been on my way to Viet Nam. I was miserable with it. I think that I was taking cortisone and pain medication such as Percocet. I also used Calamine lotion. I have never had a re-occurrence. God bless.

Hi Newoldstock and welcome to the family

Wow, six months?!! Oh i know the crying on the inside (and maybe the outside) you did for it to last that long.  I did read somewhere that some do get muscle pain from this but fortunately i havent had that yet. 

I just recently like three days ago started taking the prednisone again because my mother kept nagging me to take it anyway.  But before that it seemed i was starting to get into the healing process where it was scaling up everywhere.  The itching has stopped pretty much and i find myself scratching just from habit most of the time.  My chest and stomach are starting to clear up except for the dark scars but theyre fading day by day.

I guess you can help me out on what was some of the signs of the final stage was for you because i tried to look this up and and couldnt really find anything on it except that when the itching starts subsiding and the scaling starts then this may be the final stage... maybe.

If i may ask, did you have lasting scars from the spots? (Not the scars that come from scratching too much).  How long did it take for those to clear out?  Im a black male (caramel complexioned) so the spots that are in the middle of all these "ovals" are literal black so i (to quote everyone who has seen me) "look like what you would picture a leper from the bible would look like" lol :'( :'( :'(. So i just wonder how long these spots may last.  And what was or how was your final stages?

Thanks for sharing.  If you dont mind i may more questions for you.

Anthony

ps Going from the day i went to the doc and they diagnosed it, it has been about 6 weeks but when i go back and think of when i first saw that first "bump" its been about 8 or 9 weeks. (that was also info i couldnt really find when researching this).

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:01:26 PM by AK4 »

newoldstock

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 03:05:41 AM »

Well, it was a long time ago as I was then 22 and now 66 years old. Mine was aggravated by my stupid use of Jade East soap on a rope that belonged to my roommate. I really broke out then and the stuff came back with a vengeance. At the end of it's run the itching slowed and stopped, the sore dried up and went away, and no scars except two bad ones where the doctor took out plugs to send off for analysis. Sounds like yours is going away. You should not have scars unless you really scratched very hard. I think your bad days are almost over. Praise God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.