bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Mass Effect fans here?  (Read 6876 times)

Shawn Fainn

Any Mass Effect fans here?
« on: March 15, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »

I've been a huge fan for a few years now. It's become more than a game and part of pop culture in a way. Anyway just wanted to see if there were any other geeks here, like myself, and what you thought of the Mass Effect 3 ending (assuming you finished it)?

mavis92379

Re: Any Mass Effect fans here?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »

Hudson wasnt this game just released on the 6th ? lol. I like to play my PS3. I just finished Dark Souls. What a great game. I had 100 hrs logged to finish that. I used to play video games all the time than stopped for YEARS but I recently started to play again a few months ago. Bond,Infamous 2, NHL 12, Twisted Metal, God of war 3. A few games I beat recently. Im currently playing Uncharted 3. I never tried Mass Effect but I heard the 2nd game was one of the best games ever.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »

Hudson wasnt this game just released on the 6th ? lol. I like to play my PS3. I just finished Dark Souls. What a great game. I had 100 hrs logged to finish that. I used to play video games all the time than stopped for YEARS but I recently started to play again a few months ago. Bond,Infamous 2, NHL 12, Twisted Metal, God of war 3. A few games I beat recently. Im currently playing Uncharted 3. I never tried Mass Effect but I heard the 2nd game was one of the best games ever.

Yeah, it was released on the 6th.. I put about 50 hrs in to it to beat it. Took my time though, as I like to explore all the options and story. Probably doesn't sound like it, but I'm not in to gaming as much as I used to be. But the whole story and everything really intrigued me with the series.

Overall, the first one was the best. It basically took from several different sci-fi pop culture elements and melded them into a game that plays like an interactive movie where the choices you make have story-altering consequences.

mavis92379

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »

The real reason I havent played it yet is because I dont want to go back and play 1 and 2. Can I just jump right into the 3rd one ?

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »

You can. I haven't tried a new game from scratch with the 3rd one yet (imported my characters from the first 2), but apparently they give you a run down on the story-so-far when you make a new one to catch you up.

Overall, the 3rd is a great game in many ways.. but there's one major part that I wasn't happy with at all. I won't say what, dont' want to spoil the rest for you. You may not even notice not having played the first 2 so it may be ok for you.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »

nope but ill be playing www.diablo3.com when it comes out in may :D Well.. after finals but yea :P and just for a little since summer will be more study time >.> but after that ill be playing it for sure!!

Teaser cinematic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nlhWqmVeDno

:D
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »

nope but ill be playing www.diablo3.com when it comes out in may :D Well.. after finals but yea :P and just for a little since summer will be more study time >.> but after that ill be playing it for sure!!

Teaser cinematic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nlhWqmVeDno

Yeah, I remember the Diablo days.. Sadly, I no longer have a PC. Really wanted to try Starcraft out.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »

Yeah, I remember the Diablo days.. Sadly, I no longer have a PC. Really wanted to try Starcraft out.

Meh, I could care less for starcraft 2, starcraft 1 was great, but blizzard killed the series with 2 in my mind mainly because bnet 2.0 is a huge ghost town, chat channels are empty, theres no longer the community that you had in starcraft 1 because blizzard removed the vast amount of tools that the community could take advantage of. Things like private chat channels, and clan hosted channels, etc..

I wasted 60$ on starcraft 2, the single player is great but not worth 60$ in my opinion. Diablo 3, i play the beta, its good but it suffers from the same issues that starcraft 2 does currently and that is the really empty ghost town feel you have when youre not in a game but just lounging in a lobby because.. well.. lobbies dont exist anymore and not to mention diablo 3 is only 4 players instead of the original 8 that diablo 2 was, feels a bit small.. but will see.

Its definitely fun when youre hacking and slashing away at the evil forces of diablo!! haha. Let me know if you ever end up getting it, we can play together :D
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 07:05:35 PM »

I heard the ending to Mass Effect 3 wasn't worth the game play. I love the Command and Conquer series!! I also haven't seriously played since the tiberium days! Lol
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »

I heard the ending to Mass Effect 3 wasn't worth the game play. I love the Command and Conquer series!! I also haven't seriously played since the tiberium days! Lol

Yeah, actually there's an amazing movement I've been a part of that's working to try and get the ending changed. I hope Bioware is humble enough to deliver.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DemandABetterEndingToMassEffect3
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.