bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fighting and pain.  (Read 4080 times)

Foxx

Fighting and pain.
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »

I figured this was an off topic discussion. But this master of a martial art style called Kobudo, is the 15th heir in a long line of keeping these fighting practices pure in Japanese tradition.

"In the past, people risked their lives in training. You don't see that anymore. When you train you experience pain, especially when you lose. If you have experienced pain you are careful not inflict pain on others. But children today, they do not know how to fight, so a simple quarrel can escalate to violence or sometimes even murder. You might say it can not be helped because they have never gotten involved in a fight, they have never experienced pain. When we were kids we were always fighting so we learned from experience when to stop before injuring someone or making them cry but nowadays children are not even allowed to fight. Because they have never experienced pain when they do fight they fight to the bitter end.

We are living in a violent age. Living in peace is best but I think fighting and experiencing pain are important too. Through that you learn when to stop and how to avoid hurting others. Thats what the pursuit of Budo (martial way) should be about but modern budo is full of rules its fill with competition there is no room to understand the pain of others."

-Yoshimitsu Katsuse Kagehiro (Kobudo Master)

Is this not essentially what Ray has been saying for years? I find it amusing how this man is able to see the point of pain in life but Christianity refuses to accept there is a point to it. The pain and difficulties of life help us to mature and becomes stronger individuals but the church of man would have everyone believe that God isn't in control of any of these circumstances. Anyway, thats all I really wanted to say. I found it interesting how this man in Japan can grasp this concept.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:47:48 PM by Foxx »

Gina

Re: Fighting and pain.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »

Yes.  Very good post, Matt.  I agree, in competition there's lots of pain.  I hate competition.  It brings out jealousy and rage and all manner of ugliness.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Fighting and pain.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »

Yes.  Very good post, Matt.  I agree, in competition there's lots of pain.  I hate competition.  It brings out jealousy and rage and all manner of ugliness.

I think that that is the point.
Fighting with rules.
Bringing out the human nature so we can learn and see what we are.
We are basically beasts, animals that eat other animals.
We need to face this about ourselves and with God's leadership seek to overcome and become like our Lord Jesus, who has set the example of enduring pain willingly and not charging it to the offenders.
Even mental and emotional pain can bring out unreasoning hatred and that is where we can practice our self control even on the internet without loss of blood.  :'(  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.